Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Bedfellows in the sin/save cons.
    Make room. Went to rural Michigan today and found pro-life signage and cannabis shops a few hundred feet from each other.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Make room. Went to rural Michigan today and found pro-life signage and cannabis shops a few hundred feet from each other.
      This has long since stopped surprising me.

Growing up, I assumed stoners were all either lefty or apolitical because of the 60s and 70s, but West Virginia showed me how drug use fits perfectly with conservative laziness. As always, when the Right complains about drugs sapping the will to work, they are projecting. They're just talking about themselves and their families, who have no work ethic and no ability to do anything but zone out on meth.

Don't get rid of the drugs. Get rid of the Right.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This has long since stopped surprising me.

Growing up, I assumed stoners were all either lefty or apolitical because of the 60s and 70s, but West Virginia showed me how drug use fits perfectly with conservative laziness. As always, when the Right complains about drugs sapping the will to work, they are projecting. They're just talking about themselves and their families, who have no work ethic and no ability to do anything but zone out on meth.

Don't get rid of the drugs. Get rid of the Right.
        Yeah, I've gone through the same revelatory process over the last 5-6 years. Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but it didn't really occur to me that it's projection until these last few years. I've always assumed the same thing you did, lefty or apolitical.

But the signs have always been there. The far right and meth. The rich and their coke parties. It's obvious looking back.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yeah, I've gone through the same revelatory process over the last 5-6 years. Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but it didn't really occur to me that it's projection until these last few years. I've always assumed the same thing you did, lefty or apolitical.

But the signs have always been there. The far right and meth. The rich and their coke parties. It's obvious looking back.
          South Dakota admitted to being on meth.

I'm also reminded that rich white people get rehab and a fake apology tour while anyone else gets jail and (blank) Anonymous.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I'm also reminded that rich white people get rehab and a fake apology tour while anyone else gets jail and (blank) Anonymous.
            Well, yeah.

Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PabloReports/sta...IFT87Z3Mw&s=19

Just asked Sen. SINEMA what the Senate should be doing to protect transgender people.

"I'm going to get a cookie," she said, "but my staff will happily answer."
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm going to drink some coffee and try to pretend I didn't read that.

Comment

• I really should have joined the debate team in college, because apparently the skill needed to win the national title was incredibly low: https://twitter.com/malonebarry/stat...84584996630528

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• You can see the difference between American and British media right there. American Media would have quit the discussion as soon as he shifted it to politics and this guy didn't. You could see the look on Zodiac's face when he realized he wasn't going to talk his way out of the question this time.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I really should have joined the debate team in college, because apparently the skill needed to win the national title was incredibly low: https://twitter.com/malonebarry/stat...84584996630528
                      He won the national title? No wonder our country is so ****ed up.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        You can see the difference between American and British media right there. American Media would have quit the discussion as soon as he shifted it to politics and this guy didn't. You could see the look on Zodiac's face when he realized he wasn't going to talk his way out of the question this time.
                        It's true. For forty years, as a soon as a Republican says "that's just being political" about a fact, our corporate-owned media steps down. When a conservative faces a real journalist he has literally nothing to say. He can't defend the indefensible rationally, he can only deflect. And when a good interviewer or reporter doesn't scurry away when attacked by a Republican, you can see all the color drain out of the conservative's face. This isn't fair! This isn't the way the game is played on Hate Radio where the host has the mute button.

It happens here, too. Look how right on this thread the leading conservative response is "you guys are such liberals." Not addressing the substantive issue, just dredging up the partisan affiliation. Because that is the universal signal to all conservatives: "Stop listening immediately! Danger! Non-cultist speaking! They will try to confuse you with their facts! Stop listening now!"

The desperation of conservatives when they try to engage in debate, covered over by a veneer of false bravado, is like watching a schoolyard bully stutter and flinch when faced with a kid half his size who won't scare.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2022, 12:00 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          I really should have joined the debate team in college, because apparently the skill needed to win the national title was incredibly low: https://twitter.com/malonebarry/stat...84584996630528
                          It's really apparent how much our media ****ing sucks *** when you see clips like this.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's true. For forty years, as a soon as a Republican says "that's just being political" about a fact, our corporate-owned media steps down. When a conservative faces a real journalist he has literally nothing to say. He can't defend the indefensible rationally, he can only deflect. And when a good interviewer or reporter doesn't scurry away when attacked by a Republican, you can see all the color drain out of the conservative's face. This isn't fair! This isn't the way the game is played on Hate Radio where the host has the mute button.

It happens here, too. Look how right on this thread the leading conservative response is "you guys are such liberals." Not addressing the substantive issue, just dredging up the partisan affiliation. Because that is the universal signal to all conservatives: "Stop listening immediately! Danger! Non-cultist speaking! They will try to confuse you with their facts! Stop listening now!"

The desperation of conservatives when they try to engage in debate, covered over by a veneer of false bravado, is like watching a schoolyard bully stutter and blanche when faced with a kid half his size who won't scare.
                            Covid and vaccines really emphasized this.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It's really apparent how much our media ****ing sucks *** when you see clips like this.
                              It's pretty apparent how the US media is more concerned about maintaining "access" to these politicians instead of doing their job.

*Glares toward Maggie Haberman*
                              *Gives side eye to Chuck Todd*
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

It's pretty apparent how the US media is more concerned about maintaining "access" to these politicians instead of doing their job.

*Glares toward Maggie Haberman*
                                *Gives side eye to Chuck Todd*
                                Haberman isn't about access...it is about the fact that her mom has been in bed with the Kushners and Trumps for quite a while. She is bought and paid for.

Chuck Todd is just a power whore like Lindsey Graham.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X