Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

We should be doing this 24/7 anyway. Always Be Pushing. The Nazis took over their party and then took over America by always being at 11 for 41 years and counting.
    At this point not fighting at 110% is malpractice.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

At this point not fighting at 110% is malpractice.
      He said everything legal plus 10%. 10% illegal puts everything legal at risk, so unless you are jettisoning laws entirely you have to stay legal.

I'm not even saying that as a moral argument, but as a practical one. Do everything legal but fully prosecute every Republican ringleader and media enabler for everything illegal they have done.

The laws is there to save the humans from the apes. We forget that since it is usually just used as a bludgeon for the rich to get their way, but it does have a legitimate use. We've stopped using it that way. Use it now or lose it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Manchin 100% loathes his constituents

https://***********/davidastinwalsh/...542804999?s=21

Comment

• All indications are that Manchin didn't follow through on his word. He made a deal with the President for 1.5 trillion and he ****ed them. Progressives caved to pass the infrastructure bill on that word. The Democrats handled this horribly, especially leadership. Manchin and the leadership seemed to have forgot that yes, Biden got elected. But Biden also got elected because of progressives. To negotiate in good faith means everybody loses. The way this went the only ones that lost is progressives.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

He needs to fear re-election more than ticking off his donors.
            Didn't he say he wasn't going to run for re-election? He probably knows he's a dead man walking electorally speaking anyway. There won't be another Democrat from WV in my lifetime...

Comment

He said everything legal plus 10%. 10% illegal puts everything legal at risk, so unless you are jettisoning laws entirely you have to stay legal.

I'm not even saying that as a moral argument, but as a practical one. Do everything legal but fully prosecute every Republican ringleader and media enabler for everything illegal they have done.

The laws is there to save the humans from the apes. We forget that since it is usually just used as a bludgeon for the rich to get their way, but it does have a legitimate use. We've stopped using it that way. Use it now or lose it.
              Well I meant it like the sports phrase (give 110%!) but honestly if we stay 100% legal we are going to lose. There is no way we will be able to do what you suggest in the amount of time left. The House flips in November. Once that occurs it is all over but the shouting. McCarthy is already hinting at massive investigations into Biden and the Dems and you know they will spend the next two years holding hearings on BS election fraud. Nothing will get done and it will be a two year sprint to 2024 where their sole purpose will be to smear Biden on the floor of the House. (I would say the odds on Impeachment are pretty solid...McCarthy needs to do everything he can to avoid letting them replace him as likely Speaker)

And the DOJ is not going to go after anyone if it seems even the slightest bit political.

I don't advocate breaking the rules...but if the other side has broken the rules so spectacularly that the rules are a hinderance to you even having a chance in the game what is the point? The game is rigged and only a fool or a really bad gambler thinks they can beat a stacked deck straight up. I feel like there is two minutes left in the game, they have the ball up 14 and we have no timeouts left.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

But it doesn't. These aren't legislative lifts, these are pen stroke lifts. If the court tries to **** you, cut out the part they hate and move on to the next. If you waste your time finding the 100% line, you're going to die. My point is, get it close and you'll win some of the 10% cases and you'll lose some. Flood the system with these and it won't keep up.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well I meant it like the sports phrase (give 110%!) but honestly if we stay 100% legal we are going to lose. There is no way we will be able to do what you suggest in the amount of time left. The House flips in November. Once that occurs it is all over but the shouting. McCarthy is already hinting at massive investigations into Biden and the Dems and you know they will spend the next two years holding hearings on BS election fraud. Nothing will get done and it will be a two year sprint to 2024 where their sole purpose will be to smear Biden on the floor of the House. (I would say the odds on Impeachment are pretty solid...McCarthy needs to do everything he can to avoid letting them replace him as likely Speaker)

And the DOJ is not going to go after anyone if it seems even the slightest bit political.

I don't advocate breaking the rules...but if the other side has broken the rules so spectacularly that the rules are a hinderance to you even having a chance in the game what is the point? The game is rigged and only a fool or a really bad gambler thinks they can beat a stacked deck straight up. I feel like there is two minutes left in the game, they have the ball up 14 and we have no timeouts left.
                  I understand what you are saying. My strategy is shore up the refs and let them (make them?) do their job. We don't have to rely on the "if you aint cheatin' you aint tryin'" sports phrase because the only ways in which the Right are competitive nationally are driven by outright violence to the rules, if not to the officials (and that's being threatened).

I do agree that if the other team has its sticks high and the ref doesn't call it well, countermeasures are indicated. I'm not going to lose democracy so I can have "he played by the rules" on his tombstone. But I do still, somehow, even in my majestic cynicism, believe that when the rules are applied we win, and we win big. So our job is to punish the criminality with which the Right has operated with impunity for at least 27 years.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2021, 09:54 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I understand what you are saying. My strategy is shore up the refs and let them (make them?) do their job. We don't have to rely on the "if you aint cheatin' you aint tryin'" sports phrase because the only ways in which the Right are competitive nationally are driven by outright violence to the rules, if not to the officials (and that's being threatened).

I do agree that if the other team has its sticks high and the ref doesn't call it well, countermeasures are indicated. I'm not going to lose democracy so I can have "he played by the rules" on his tombstone. But I do still, somehow, even in my majestic cynicism, believe that when the rules are applied we win, and we win big. So our job is to punish the criminality with which the Right has operated with impunity for at least 27 years.
                    I think we're getting dangerously close to the break glass moment for Democracy moment, kep

Joe biden won by like 7 million and barely won the election. He lost seats in the house, and Kamala Harris actually has to set foot the senate building. None of this is new, but don't you think you should see a doctor if you have symptoms of cancer?
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-20-2021, 10:27 AM.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Manchin 100% loathes his constituents

https://***********/davidastinwalsh/...542804999?s=21
                      All Manchin cares about is keeping that sweet coal money rolling in.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think we're getting dangerously close to the break glass moment for Democracy moment, kep
                        It's the Seldon Crisis of our time. If I had an answer I'd be Salvor Hardin. The nuts and grifters on the Right are risking, or outright desiring, us turning into Northern Ireland. I still think that once you go outside the law you give the thugs all the advantages. That doesn't mean you hafta be Gandhi and smile beatifically as they bayonet your face. But violence begets an endless spiral of violence, unless you are willing to End It the way we did in WW2. The alternative to a legal solution for a political issue is genocide. That's all a war is, a genocide we pretend is something else because we're the ones doing it and because we have decided it's preferable than other solutions.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2021, 10:44 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Honestly I assume the only way to save Democracy at this point is a divided states of America. Hell former generals are basically saying they fear a coup no matter who wins in '24. The system is collapsing before our eyes...

Long term we will likely win...but that sinking feeling we all have right now is The 1860 Flu. A divorce between the states is likely inevitable. This time though we let them starve.

One side has no desire for Democracy (they openly say it on the floor of Congress!) and the other is lead by weak willed plutes who care too much about making the right decisions.. The refs have turned a blind eye. I agree with dx if we want to preserve the Union it is close to the "in case of emergency" moment. The second the House flips is the point of no return.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Honestly I assume the only way to save Democracy at this point is a divided states of America. Hell former generals are basically saying they fear a coup no matter who wins in '24. The system is collapsing before our eyes...

Long term we will likely win...but that sinking feeling we all have right now is The 1860 Flu. A divorce between the states is likely inevitable. This time though we let them starve.

One side has no desire for Democracy (they openly say it on the floor of Congress!) and the other is lead by weak willed plutes who care too much about making the right decisions.. The refs have turned a blind eye. I agree with dx if we want to preserve the Union it is close to the "in case of emergency" moment. The second the House flips is the point of no return.
                            2022. It's going to be ugly. And it's so close to now.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I'm a little concerned that California is the only food state that will come with us
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I'm a little concerned that California is the only food state that will come with us
                                OR, WA, NY all produce a sh-t ton of food. And TBH CA is enough for all of us.

https://beef2live.com/story-states-p...value-0-107252

1. CA
                                5. MN
                                6. IL
                                12. WA
                                19. CO
                                23. PA
                                25. NY
                                28. OR

We have 3 of the top 6, we'll be okay. Remember also our economy will be something like 5x the Slave States, so we can just buy their raw materials with our loose change.

I'd worry more about strategic metals.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2021, 12:36 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X