Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Manchin will NEVER support Build Back Better. Democrats are idiots. They're redoing Obamacare all over again which helped them lose power for 10 years. Stop it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Manchin will NEVER support Build Back Better. Democrats are idiots. They're redoing Obamacare all over again which helped them lose power for 10 years. Stop it.
        Biden does seem to be making the same mistake with Manchin and Sinema that Obama made with McConnell. You do not negotiate with terrorists. You force them or you get nowhere.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• He takes it down on fox.

burn in hell, manchin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Biden does seem to be making the same mistake with Manchin and Sinema that Obama made with McConnell. You do not negotiate with terrorists. You force them or you get nowhere.
            And how exactly can he force Manchin and Sinema to vote for it? You sound like the clowns on Twitter who say Biden should be forcing Voters Rights Bills. (cause it is always good to force votes you will lose...makes you look like a strong President in whatever world they live in) That isn't how this works.

Those two have zero fear because their futures are locked. Manchin's best chance to be re-elected is to vote against it (cause his constituents are ****ing idiots) and Sinema knows the Dems aren't voting for her again in Zona so she is thinking about life after the Senate. Biden can't bribe them or make them fear his wrath. Manchin knows it, Sinema knows it and Biden knows it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• White House says manchin was lying all week. Shocking.

progressives were always right here- he was gonna get all the attention and me me me and then kill it. He’s good with unlimited trillions to military but his toothless constituents are happy others are miserable. And yeah, I’m calling them that as the stat is out on how many of those people don’t have their teeth left. Have fun getting care paid for when you get sick in the coal mines and vote this ***** in again

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/...361443841?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                He takes it down on fox.

burn in hell, manchin
                Got his coal **** in the infrastructure deal so he was out.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And how exactly can he force Manchin and Sinema to vote for it? You sound like the clowns on Twitter who say Biden should be forcing Voters Rights Bills. (cause it is always good to force votes you will lose...makes you look like a strong President in whatever world they live in) That isn't how this works.

Those two have zero fear because their futures are locked. Manchin's best chance to be re-elected is to vote against it (cause his constituents are ****ing idiots) and Sinema knows the Dems aren't voting for her again in Zona so she is thinking about life after the Senate. Biden can't bribe them or make them fear his wrath. Manchin knows it, Sinema knows it and Biden knows it.
                  How bout an executive order phasing out coal?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

How bout an executive order phasing out coal?
                    Even if that had any teeth (it wouldn't) it would be reversed as soon as the next president.

You want Manchin to vote for BBB you need more of this: https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...76667407564801

Here's video of a self-described 'conservative' Trump voter in West Virginia saying that
                    @JoeManchinWV
                    betrayed his voters in the state with his stance on BBB. He says Manchin is doing this for "other people putting money in his pockets" and not the people struggling in WV.
                    He needs to fear re-election more than ticking off his donors.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I guess we didn't coddle that precious little gift from God senator from West Virginia enough. I am sure the voters will understand.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

You miss the point, as always. I said either you force them or you get nowhere. That means if you can't force them then you get nowhere.

As for the ways to try to force them, parties have been forcing wayward members forever; indeed that is the trade of party membership: you get their support and power and financing but you lose some portion of your freedom.

If the Dems cannot force Sinema and Manchin in something as fundamental as voting rights then either eat it or be prepared to kick them out.

Your problem is you always assume. I'm not at all saying I know what Biden needs to do. I am only saying what he and Chuck have to be prepared to do to get anywhere. Otherwise they have no leverage. With the fate of the Republic hanging on this, presumably -- and hopefully -- the stakes are such that they should be willing to enforce party commitment even if it costs them, because "winning" with Sinema and Manchin only makes it more of a certainty the Nazis come back stronger than ever.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-19-2021, 04:30 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• So your diatribe was to tell us what we already know? Gee thanks Andy Rooney ;^)

This whole thing sucks. Hell Manchin is taking money away from sick people in his own state by not backing this. (It extended some tax break I guess) Not that he cares he will just ignore them again from his yacht as he whines about spending. (While approving the military budget)

Biden should now EO everything Manchin hates. He should also reverse course on Student Loans and find new pet issues to go after. (I suggest weed legalization) It's time he became the Leftist they pretend he is. He is a lame duck now anyways because not passing BBB will be an anchor in 2024. (Along with voter supression) Time to govern like it is your last days on Earth **** the consequences.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 12-19-2021, 06:23 PM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Even if that had any teeth (it wouldn't) it would be reversed as soon as the next president.

You want Manchin to vote for BBB you need more of this: https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...76667407564801

He needs to fear re-election more than ticking off his donors.
                            You could instruct the EPA and OSHA to divert resources to increase inspections.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So your diatribe was to tell us what we already know? Gee thanks Andy Rooney ;^)

This whole thing sucks. Hell Manchin is taking money away from sick people in his own state by not backing this. (It extended some tax break I guess) Not that he cares he will just ignore them again from his yacht as he whines about spending. (While approving the military budget)

Biden should now EO everything Manchin hates. He should also reverse course on Student Loans and find new pet issues to go after. (I suggest weed legalization) It's time he became the Leftist they pretend he is. He is a lame duck now anyways because not passing BBB will be an anchor in 2024. (Along with voter supression) Time to govern like it is your last days on Earth **** the consequences.
                              Yup. Do everything you can legally do plus like 10% and let the courts fight it out.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yup. Do everything you can legally do ... and let the courts fight it out.
                                We should be doing this 24/7 anyway. Always Be Pushing. The Nazis took over their party and then took over America by always being at 11 for 41 years and counting.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X