Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boebert called Omar, apparently she doubled down and Omar hung up. Omar issued a statement on this, boebert posted another sick video of herself talking

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Boebert called Omar, apparently she doubled down and Omar hung up. Omar issued a statement on this, boebert posted another sick video of herself talking
      Saw that Boebert openly admits that on the call she wouldn't apologize until Omar gave her own apology to the American people for [Omar's] previous rhetoric. That's when Omar hung up.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/29/10598...t-didnt-go-wel
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Saw that Boebert openly admits that on the call she wouldn't apologize until Omar gave her own apology to the American people for [Omar's] previous rhetoric. That's when Omar hung up.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/29/10598...t-didnt-go-wel
        Nobody should repeat, report on, or even acknowledge these Nazis. They and their voters are nothing.

Work hard and defeat them. Don't interview them; they are scum.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Boebert called Omar, apparently she doubled down and Omar hung up. Omar issued a statement on this, boebert posted another sick video of herself talking
          I’m probably way too cynical and jaded right now but I honest to god wonder which side benefits more from this story.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’m probably way too cynical and jaded right now but I honest to god wonder which side benefits more from this story.
            It benefits the Dumpies more. Centrists always clutch their pearls about what Omar says and are always looking for ways to police her language, whereas Republicans now openly embrace and encourage racism, xenophobia, and bigotry as platform planks. Sadly, more Americans agree with Rep. QnlyFans than agree with Rep. Omar.

Comment

• Kepler is right and we need to stop whining about stripping them of committees. That will get us nowhere especially if/when the House flips next year.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Every time this happens Dump's side gains support.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Every time this happens Dump's side gains support.
                  Omar and Boebert are both thrilled with the way this played out. In fact, if they could figure out a way to do this once a month, or so, without it looking staged, they'd both leap at the chance.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Every time we take the bait the Nazis smile. It goes one of two ways -- either we spread their derp by denouncing it, or our own Centrists legitimize it by fondling their worry beads about the Squad's "controversial language" (read: pushing back against the racist bullsh-t in the mainstream American psyche, including that of many center liberals).

Every time we respond we are letting them frame the narrative. Our best rhetorical tactic is to loudly, consistently, ubiquitously broadcast what we are for: our values are INCLUSION, EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY, REDUCING INEQUALITY, STOPPING BULLIES FROM PUNCHING DOWN, BUILDING SAFETY MEASURES INTO THE ECONOMY SO THE POOREST DON'T SUFFER, ALLOWING EVERYONE TO FLOURISH. Those should be out there in 72-point all caps every day.

Stop even addressing the psychopathic garbage that emanates from the Right's taint. Give America our vision. They don't want to hear us critique the Right -- enough people understand intuitively that the Right are con artists and brown shirt trash, because everybody knows a guy like that. They want to hear what we stand for -- YELL IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I am no fan of Omar at all, but I'm much much more amazed that the derp brigade has turned her into the adult in this particular room.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Omar and Boebert are both thrilled with the way this played out. In fact, if they could figure out a way to do this once a month, or so, without it looking staged, they'd both leap at the chance.
                        Yeah I am sure Omar is just loving this.

This isn't a dog and pony show...stop pretending this stuff is normal.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I am sure Omar is just loving this.

This isn't a dog and pony show...stop pretending this stuff is normal.
                          Oh, stop. I know you are not that ignorant of the way politics works. Politicians love bs like this. It riles up their base, keeps their name in the headlines, etc... Getting re-elected is all about money and name recognition, and events like these help both.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I don't know that I agree that she loves this kind of hateful, violent, racist garbage thrown at her, but I hope at some level she knows that it isn't terrible for her brand.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Hovey was that POS in the Sixties who screeched MLK was a self-promoting communist and a traitor to his race. Ignore him; he is a nullity.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Both sides, amiright?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X