Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Huizenga (MI-2) was given a $5,000 fine for walking around a metal detector. He appealed and won.

​​​​​​
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Thing is, you don't really know what Garland is, or isn't doing.
      True, but we know the people who have already been charged and sentenced got off with sentences that are laughable at best. I mean christ they were allowed to travel out of the country on bail...they weren't even jailed after violating the very light provisions of their bail. As of now it looks like they aren't taking any of this seriously in an effort to look non-partisan.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I missed this originally, but definitely agree. We don't know **** until all the cards are on the table. We won't know that with any certainty for months or years.
        And by then it is too late. You really think the DOJ will pursue any of this if the Dems aren't in control any more?

This isn't some long term investigation into terrorism or wire fraud...they have ****ing video of what people did and many of them still haven't been charged. Hell the ones in California commit other crimes blocks from the FBI field office and post videos while doing it on Twitter. (which are then liked by cops on Facebook)

The defense some give of Garland is the same BS they said about Mueller during his investigation. The problem is the effectiveness of whatever they find goes down the longer it takes especially since most of us saw everything live. The Rolling Stone article...basically only confirmed what everyone paying attention knew months ago.

This is just going to turn into another Impeachment which goes nowhere unless the DOJ drops the hammer before the midterms. They need to force testimony in the 1/6 Commission or this is all just theater anyways.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Ok. My bad. I would have picked somebody else then that the Republicans would never approve of and got them in through previous confirmation or career staffers. Garland is a waste of space. Obama nominated him because he would be nice to the GOP and Biden nominated him because he would be nice to the GOP. And they sure are nice.
          No Garland was a good pick for the Supreme Court he was a highly respected Appellate Court Judge. Putting him up for the Court was a solid decision and in with any other version of the Senate (even a GOP without McConnell) he would have been an easy confirmation from what I can tell. That is where he belongs. Some men are born for stuff like that. He just isn't the right Wartime Consigliere...
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No Garland was a good pick for the Supreme Court he was a highly respected Appellate Court Judge. Putting him up for the Court was a solid decision and in with any other version of the Senate (even a GOP without McConnell) he would have been an easy confirmation from what I can tell. That is where he belongs. Some men are born for stuff like that. He just isn't the right Wartime Consigliere...
            Seems to me he wants to get along to get along. Maybe that makes a good Judge in normal times. It does nothing for us now.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

True, but we know the people who have already been charged and sentenced got off with sentences that are laughable at best. I mean christ they were allowed to travel out of the country on bail...they weren't even jailed after violating the very light provisions of their bail. As of now it looks like they aren't taking any of this seriously in an effort to look non-partisan.
              And those people really didn't do anything but trespass in a building they shouldn't be in. They weren't the ones trashing the building, fighting the cops, etc.

Not every one of them deserves the book thrown at them just cause they got caught up in the moment.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                I'll be honest - I'm going to wait for a non-Rolling Stone source. I absolutely believe that it happened, probably, and probably just like the article stated. Much of the details are already known.

But I don't think we should take any bombshell reporting from RS at face value. It's a garbage magazine.

When the AP or NYT or WAPO confirm it, I'm in.
                When it comes to reporting on more serious topics what makes it a 'garbage magazine'? I don't want to hear people whine about Matt Taibbi as opposed to their supposedly having a long track record of getting **** wrong.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...454759947?s=20

The Tennessee Holler @TheTNHoller VOTER: “Why will you only meet with wealthy donors & lobbyists, not constituents? Will you meet with my family? Arizona is getting hotter, what will you do about climate?”

@SenatorSinema : "DON’T TOUCH ME."

(While walking with Republican Tim Scott)
                  Amy Siskind @Amy_Siskind ? 6h
                  I just want to say, @SenatorSinema is the most egregious, corrupt, self-interested and irreverent Democrat I have ever seen serve in our Senate. And I for one will do all in my power to defeat her in the 2024 primary. Yes, I hold a grudge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

When it comes to reporting on more serious topics what makes it a 'garbage magazine'? I don't want to hear people whine about Matt Taibbi as opposed to their supposedly having a long track record of getting **** wrong.
                    The UVA rape case was horrifically badly reported and did untold damage to the quest to improve how we "handle" sexual assault in this country. It was used constantly during the #Metoo height to downplay, ignore and marginalize anyone with a real problem. There are dozens of other examples of shoddy reporting and story-trumps-accuracy there, but this one... this was a big deal and they blew it badly.

I don't want to make this about the dumpster fire that is that magazine. Like I said, I am mostly sure that they're probably getting the story about correct, but until someone with even a modicum of journalistic legitimacy can verify the story, I'll withhold judgement.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• In a maverick move, Sinema bypasses attempting Casual Friday in Congress and goes straight to Casual Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/cspanjeremy/stat...495991300?s=21
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• She's such a badass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          In a maverick move, Sinema bypasses attempting Casual Friday in Congress and goes straight to Casual Tuesday.

It’s Wednesday my dude.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            In a maverick move, Sinema bypasses attempting Casual Friday in Congress and goes straight to Casual Tuesday.

She's a buffalo hat short of being mistaken for a Jan 6 video.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• First, banks report $10k transactions. Now the talk is reporting of $600 transactions. That may just be a red herring but ...

Sec. Yellen now floats a tax on unrealized capital gains as part of Mr. Biden's plans ... but just on millionaires and billionaires. What's the guess on how long that floats down to anyone that files a 1040? I'll say less time than it took for $10k to become $600.

And a tax on UNREALIZED gains. That's no different than taxing someone on next year's contracted salary. The money isn't in hand, isn't real, hence unrealized, and you're taxing it? How does the person with unrealized dollars pay a real bill?

Yes, I understand how the ultrarich game the system (by buying assets that appreciate, borrowing against assets, and then dying before realizing the cap gain, aka "buy, borrow, die"), but until that gain is real it's a book, or paper, "gain".

That's why I'd favor more consumption based taxes*: You show what you have by what you buy.

*Lots of details about standard deductions, etc, here also to handle. And no, I really don't like retailers being the de facto tax collector either. And this approach is also ripe for fraud and workarounds.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Of course you would rather have taxes that have greater impact upon those making less money.

You wouldn't be a "libertarian" if you didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X