Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Abolish the Senate.
    Whatever you say ... Lord Palpatine.

Signed,
    Your friends in Hoth Dakota
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Manchin is now screwing with the Child Tax Credit...gotta keep protecting him though!
      The one article I had a chance to read on this said he wanted a cap at $60,000 for the family income, which basically means this is a pure red state money grab.

"I don't care if my people get this thing, the important thing is that you don't."
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The one article I had a chance to read on this said he wanted a cap at $60,000 for the family income, which basically means this is a pure red state money grab.

"I don't care if my people get this thing, the important thing is that you don't."
        Sure, and then instead of a tax credit it becomes a welfare program, which the next Repub Congress kills entirely.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Sure, and then instead of a tax credit it becomes a welfare program, which the next Repub Congress kills entirely.
          Yep. And the cycle continues. Sick of this ****.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://***********/ThePlumLineGS/st...20877773840385

If Joe Manchin's effort to shrink the child tax credit takes effect, some 190,000 children in West Virginia might lose out, and the state's residents might lose over a quarter billion dollars in purchasing power,
            I love that 60k is wealthy...unless it comes to takes where often 3-4 times that is considered "Barely Middle Class".
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              https://***********/ThePlumLineGS/st...20877773840385

I love that 60k is wealthy...unless it comes to takes where often 3-4 times that is considered "Barely Middle Class".
              That's two people working at minimum wage full time. Jeebus.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

And last week some New Yorkers were saying that 400k is middle class lol

Comment

Only if the minimum wage was $15/hour...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Only if the minimum wage was $15/hour...
                    Yeah, I suppose in WV that's a pipedream wage
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• No point in means testing it. If you're taxing people correctly the money they get back in the child tax credit won't matter no matter how much they're making.

As usual, Manchin is an idiot.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I do think there's some merit to requiring good faith efforts on working, however if you're receiving unemployment you have to show evidence of looking for work anyway, and I'd want to make sure that we carve out people that don't work due to being caretakers/kid raisers (i.e. parents)/whatever other legitimate reason we have not to work. And then we get into the quagmire of enforcement/adherence costing more than simply not having any of these requirements.

I seem to say this a lot, in a lot of very different contexts, but we spend far too much time making sure that people we don't want don't get (benefit at issue) and nowhere near enough time making sure that people we do want to get that benefit ... actually get it.

https://www.governing.com/archive/go...ave-money.html
                        https://www.clasp.org/press-room/new...little-show-it (counter argument is that people aren't applying if they know they'll fail, however welfare roles didn't materially drop when these policies were enacted. Further, shutting addicts off from welfare does absolutely nothing to help the addition problem)

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...private-compa/
                        https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...han-11-million

Those are just the two things off the top of my head. I'm certain there are dozens more examples.

Comment

• In addition, we make everything some kind of Rube Goldberg device as to who qualifies, the hoops they have to jump through to prove qualification and receive whatever it is, and how they receive it, how it's administered, instead of just giving people the benefit, and then clawing it back from the people who don't really need it with higher taxes.

Everything doesn't have to be so complicated.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            In addition, we make everything some kind of Rube Goldberg device as to who qualifies, the hoops they have to jump through to prove qualification and receive whatever it is, and how they receive it, how it's administered, instead of just giving people the benefit, and then clawing it back from the people who don't really need it with higher taxes.

Everything doesn't have to be so complicated.
                            I agree with this, but you have an unhealthy mix of the honest folks who would prefer a smaller door than a longer hook and the disingenuous *******s who will cling to any bs excuse to close that same door.

I admit I spent most of my life in that first group who was just... completely turned off by the second group. And then when the receipts started showing up indicating that less enforcement saves money in the aggregate... well. If we're going to follow the data, let's follow the data.

Comment

• Means testing is very rarely worth it.
                              Code:

Comment

Means testing is very rarely worth it.
                                I agree. This is something I have completely changed my mind on.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X