Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    In the spirit of "hard ban on lobbying", I propose decentralizing the Executive Branch. And get it away from the Legislative (in DC).

I'd move DOD to Tampa or a mountain in WY.
    State goes to NYC (the UN).
    Dept of Ag goes to Sacramento.
    Energy? Tulsa or Lubbock.
    Transportation to Chicago (urban issues and 90 miles away rural issues)
    Treasury to ... Fort Knox, KY.

Spread it out, and put logical things areas that make sense.

Thoughts?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Thoughts?
      Why are we so much in agreement as of late yet so far removed politically? Haha.

As for decentralizing government operations, I'm on the fence on that. There was a push under Trump to make that happen with current departments, and in fact the Ag Dept did move to Kansas City in 2019.

The problem is there are still large numbers of vacancies that have not been filled after the move, and those who did move/were hired have less experience than those who quit/stayed in DC with another department. The research department of the USDA has practically ground to a halt after the move. Add in COVID, and it's been a disaster. But they saved a **** ton of money thanks to tax breaks from KC. \_(ツ)_/

The biggest issue, outside of the staffing, I have read about decentralization is that if/when laws need to be changed or modified, they can't just walk up the hill and discuss with lawmakers. Yes, Zoom/Telephone is more prevalent with the pandemic.

I also feel that separating these agencies takes them away from watchful eyes; Yet I feel that, just like you do, there could be good in moving these departments closer to where they actually could benefit from local input.

I just don't know what the right idea is, but judging by the USDA move to KC, it's been a disaster.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Why are we so much in agreement as of late yet so far removed politically? Haha.
        Because we aren't in DC.

As far as DOA-->KC ... could that trial run move have happened at a worse time. :-/

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Patriot Act was an ultimate misnomer.

The $600 number is so low that it reads like a publicity stunt for attention. It'll ultimately get the full language struck due to public uproar ... which almost feels like its true purpose. (And the rich stroll away happy and untouched, but politicos can claim they tried.)
          There won't be public uproar. 98% of Americans don't know the $10k rule.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

There won't be public uproar. 98% of Americans don't know the $10k rule.
            Know it? No.
            Heard it maybe once and scoffed that it won't affect them. Likely.

The $600 number just seems more like an intentional attention grabber for a big chunk of America.
            (That's roughly someone making $20/hr and getting paid weekly, after tax. Why's that account being watched?)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Know it? No.
              Heard it maybe once and scoffed that it won't affect them. Likely.

The $600 number just seems more like an intentional attention grabber for a big chunk of America.
              (That's roughly someone making $20/hr and getting paid weekly, after tax. Why's that account being watched?)
              Nope. The American public doesn't care about this. Too complex to explain. The same reason Democrats suck at selling good laws is the same reason this won't matter.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The same reason Democrats suck at selling good laws is the same reason this won't matter.
                So we both agree this has no legs, but for different reasons.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• It has no legs cause no one will understand what you are talking about.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Ron Watkins has moved from Japan to Arizona and is running for Congress

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Ron Watkins has moved from Japan to Arizona and is running for Congress
                      Qlassic!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What's the correct pronoun for a Sex Doll as a Congressman's significant other?
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          What's the correct pronoun for a Sex Doll as a Congressman's significant other?
                          I'm sorry, what?
                          Code:

Comment

"FlagDudette".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm sorry, what?
                              On HBO's Q documentary, Ron Watkins literally does an interview with a sex doll in the background.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Latex ( ... at least that's what rufus told me).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X