Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    She deserves every word of it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• As somewhat expected, the GOP killed the first proposed maps in Iowa. They're blaming the lack of compactness, primarily district 4 which stretched from one corner to another, covering almost the entire NW 1/3rd of the state, and population deviations in some statehouse districts.

Apparently the thoughts were that it would've passed in the House with the Dems + roughly half the GOP voting for it had it gotten a vote over there, but the Senate quickly killed it in a party-line vote in a matter of hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

She deserves every word of it.
        Really no one I know (in the Alphabet) is supporting her either.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          As somewhat expected, the GOP killed the first proposed maps in Iowa. They're blaming the lack of compactness, primarily district 4 which stretched from one corner to another, covering almost the entire NW 1/3rd of the state, and population deviations in some statehouse districts.

Apparently the thoughts were that it would've passed in the House with the Dems + roughly half the GOP voting for it had it gotten a vote over there, but the Senate quickly killed it in a party-line vote in a matter of hours.
          Woof
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yacht-owning senator from second-poorest state believes we should have a “compassionate, rewarding society.”

https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/stat...613440000?s=21
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Manchin's son runs coal brokerage Enersystems. Manchin took in $491,000 from them last year. Manchin's wife brought in $613,000 from the company. That's $1.1M that he won't answer any questions about.
              https://twitter.com/dkurasch/status/1447674284529405953

**** this ****.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Rep. John Yarmuth, Kentucky’s lone Democrat in Congress, is retiring at the end of this cycle. That adds some worry for me that Kentucky Republicans will no longer have McConnell standing in the way of gerrymandering that seat to make Kentucky 6-0 GOP instead of 5-1. I guess time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  There is a good chance this is our last opportunity to govern with the Democratic trifecta until 2030 or later, and we have anchors Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema on our team. Disappointing as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

There is a good chance this is our last opportunity to govern with the Democratic trifecta until 2030 or later, and we have anchors Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema on our team. Disappointing as hell.
                    Joe Manchin is not the problem. He's +10D in a +50R state. For the last time, he's a unicorn worth protecting.

Sinema is none of those things. They are not comparable.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Stop with the stats...he is a roadblock to progress. He is an anchor and when history is written will not be defended for how he enabled the downfall.

He is not worth protecting anymore because he isn't acting contrary to his replacement anymore. Committee assignments don't matter if nothing can pass.

Reconciliation and Infrastructure are all but dead...if the GOP controlled the Senate we would literally be in the same spot. Maybe they block some judges but likely not.

Manchin isn't a unicorn...he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Stop with the stats...he is a roadblock to progress. He is an anchor and when history is written well not be defended for how he enabled the downfall.

He is not worth protecting anymore because he isn't acting contrary to his replacement anymore. Committee assignments don't matter if nothing can pass.
                        This.

Comment

I would prefer Senate Majority Leader McConnell
                          Ftfy
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Joe Manchin is not the problem. He's +10D in a +50R state. For the last time, he's a unicorn worth protecting.

Sinema is none of those things. They are not comparable.
                            “For the last time?” I don’t expect you to keep up with all of my posts, but I might be the staunchest Joe Manchin defender on here. I will take Joe Manchin and our threadbare trifecta anyday, while still recognizing that our trifecta sucks with him and Sinema as our weak links. I’ve also been probably the biggest Sinema basher on here as well. Again, I don’t expect you to keep up with everything I say, but I do know what I’ve said, and I’ve never complained about Manchin holding a safe Republican seat.

Edit: Not that Handy keeps up with all that I’ve posted either, but this is one of the few areas we have strongly disagreed on, and I think he’d agree I overcompensate protecting Manchin. Manchin > Republicans in charge of the Senate.

Comment

Stop with the stats...he is a roadblock to progress. He is an anchor and when history is written will not be defended for how he enabled the downfall.

Reconciliation and Infrastructure are all but dead...if the GOP controlled the Senate we would literally be in the same spot. Maybe they block some judges but likely not.

Manchin isn't a unicorn...he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
                              Right on cue! I don’t think infrastructure and reconciliation are dead yet. Drastically watered down? Absolutely.

Edit: All of this internal disagreement and time spent crafting the bill adds to the “Dems in Disarray” narrative that the MSM is pushing, which may end up coming true if we torpedo everything, while allowing Republicans to craft a compelling* messaging of their own for the midterms.

*compelling to the average mainstream voter, not hardcore partisans who read political articles daily like I’m guessing all of us do.
                              Last edited by psych; 10-12-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ftfy
                                The sad thing is you don't realize we already have that...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X