Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Until the progressives can start winning enough elections to actually hold power, then this is what we're stuck with. French and Handy have explained pretty clearly what the options are:

You take something or you get nothing. Those are the options. The progs don't have the votes to do anything else. Hell, the Dems don't have the votes to do anything else.

Win a couple more senate seats and this isn't a problem.
    Yes. It ticks me off these are our choices but Manchin and Velma are just too corrupt. Velma spits in the face of her voters regularly, sees her numbers tank (while Kelly and Bidens held firm) and still spit in their face more!

You can't force the hand of someone who only cares about the spotlight. To Sinema there is no such thing as bad press.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is the key here.

"Moderate" (read: conservative) Democrats are very much like white males (for the good reason that they primarily are). They simply don't see their entitlement. They have the unconscious certainty that "serious" or "popular" or "practical" opposition to the Fascists is them, and then the Others are nice to haves but just going to have to go along. This is exactly how white males have treated women and non-whites throughout history. It is no surprise that they sacrifice those Others first thing. It's how they will always think -- if they didn't, they would not be conservative Democrats.

But we on the Left need to understand that. We aren't going to war with the army we wish we had. We have to deal with things the way they are right now. We will always have to battle the DNC and the vested interests in the primaries and, barring a sudden upwards thrust in IQ, we will typically have an electoral disadvantage, for roughly the same reason that Democrats writ large will always have to deal with systemic biases in favor of conservatives.

So be it. For this cycle we can't use our leverage because we care about the consequences for vulnerable people far more than conservative Democrats do. Take my self-interest for example. I'll be okay, no matter what happens. In terms of my personal life there's no urgency. I'll be fine. So I could very well say "you come to me," and hold my breath, and only the poor and women and POC would be hurt. I just don't do that because of the worms in my head. But I could and since majorities will always choose their self-interest that means in any staring contest the right -- the side that doesn't give a crap -- always has the advantage.

If we get to 58 Democratic Senators we can at least tell Joe and Kristin to pound sand. We will still have to fight conservative Democrats, but at least we won't be fighting a guy like Manchin who voted for Kavanaugh and favored pulling out of the Paris Accord. The more folks we have the better for the Left and the better for people in general.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck. Entitlement is always insolent and infuriating. But, take the high road, again. It saves lives.
      A-****ing-men!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Stephen Miller is defending sinema. What a Monday

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yes. It ticks me off these are our choices but Manchin and Velma are just too corrupt. Velma spits in the face of her voters regularly, sees her numbers tank (while Kelly and Bidens held firm) and still spit in their face more!

You can't force the hand of someone who only cares about the spotlight. To Sinema there is no such thing as bad press.
          She's banking on the cake. I don't think she cares about the Senate job. I think she cares about the job after the Senate job.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Trump Cult now too crazy for Big Business: https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...23777608372229

Not that the CoC is without sin or anything, but when they're too crazy for one of their staunchest allies it illustrates how far gone they are.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Trump Cult now too crazy for Big Business: https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...23777608372229

Not that the CoC is without sin or anything, but when they're too crazy for one of their staunchest allies it illustrates how far gone they are.
              They'll be in the bedroom together next GOP Tax Cut. White Men and White Women will find a way to make that happen again. The cycle's not ready to break yet.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• See, this is what Manchin and Sinema don't seem to get. 3.5 trillion over 10 years is nothing.

$350b means we slashed down to tuition-free community college & pre-k, keeping Medicare age but add vision & dental, housing and EV investment, clean energy standards. Far less than what we wanted, still impactful. Slash that by 2/3 and people will hardly feel we passed anything
                https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1445086281688657929

Comment

• Biden says the $3.5 trillion social policy bill is his agenda, not the agenda that @BernieSanders
                  or @AOC
                  would have pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Biden says the $3.5 trillion social policy bill is his agenda, not the agenda that @BernieSanders
                    or @AOC
                    would have pushed.

This is the first bravery by a Democratic president since LBJ. Others are throwing them under the bus, as usual, but not Handsome Joe. Good for him. Maybe he's learned we either go big or go home. This piddling centrist triangulation cowardice that has plagued us all the way back before Bill to Jimmy is what has ratcheted the US to the brink of an elected Nazi state. Nobody will vote for a Democratic party that doesn't have the courage of its principles. Going to the center is the path to defeat, and our defeat is the path to American fascism. The practical and responsible primary vote is for aggressive Leftism.

Wake up, Dems. Come with me if you want to live!

Last edited by Kepler; 10-04-2021, 05:20 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      (Pro tip: manchin is as extreme an example as we can get. We should make sure he sits in that seat for as long as he wants it. Capito won by 40 points.)
                      Oh I quite agree. The sin isn't that Manchin doesn't vote to ban fossil fuel. The sin is we ****ed up so badly we have to ask him to.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh I quite agree. The sin isn't that Manchin doesn't vote to ban fossil fuel. The sin is we ****ed up so badly we have to ask him to.
                        This is why I think the cafe is one of the best politics sites on the web. No other place would the leftest lefty acknowledge this.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

See, this is what Manchin and Sinema don't seem to get. 3.5 trillion over 10 years is nothing.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1445086281688657929
                          Less than half of what we pay for the military.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Biden says the $3.5 trillion social policy bill is his agenda, not the agenda that @BernieSanders
                            or @AOC
                            would have pushed.

That’s some ****ing outstanding stuff right there. In news that is surprising to none of us on cafe…

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...rying-n1280392

Comment

• Ouch.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/10/...adf3-430488109
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Man...they doused in her kerosene and lit a match!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X