Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ten More Senators: Shut The **** up, Lindsey": https://twitter.com/BillyRay5229/sta...53324392452096

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      "Ten More Senators: Shut The **** up, Lindsey": https://twitter.com/BillyRay5229/sta...53324392452096
      I just giggled out loud like a little girl at my work. Thank god I'm changing jobs.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        "Ten More Senators: Shut The **** up, Lindsey": https://twitter.com/BillyRay5229/sta...53324392452096
        Is that a real transcript of something or Fan fic? I'm assuming the latter since I can't imagine what was recording in a safe room.

Comment

• I dont know if it is a transcript, but at least part of it is real because Brown discussed Graham yelling at the Sergeant at Arms right after the attack. My guess is this is based on multiple interviews but who knows.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Is that a real transcript of something or Fan fic? I'm assuming the latter since I can't imagine what was recording in a safe room.
            If you read it, there’s commentary as to the unspoken mood of the people present. It’s likely a good representation of what was happening, but it’s certainly not to be taken as a verbatim transcript.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

If you read it, there’s commentary as to the unspoken mood of the people present. It’s likely a good representation of what was happening, but it’s certainly not to be taken as a verbatim transcript.
              It's exactly like the Safe Room scene in Succession, where Lindsey is Tom.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's exactly like the Safe Room scene in Succession, where Lindsey is Tom.
                I watched season 3 trailer again and got so excited

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I watched season 3 trailer again and got so excited
                  I am very excited. I am more and more convinced that Greg will emerge as the Final Boss. Just remember the very first scene of the very first episode. This is all about how an average, dumb, overwhelmed kid is transformed into the type of barbaric POS who runs these crime families. It's the story of American oligarchical capitalism.

1. Walton Family (Worth: $247 billion; Walmart Inc.)
                  2. Koch Family (Worth: $100 billion; Koch Industries)
                  3. Mars Family (Worth: $94 billion; Mars Inc.)
                  4. Cargill-MacMillan Family (Worth: $47 billion; Cargill Inc.)
                  5. Lauder Family (Worth: $240 billion; Estee Lauder)
                  6. S.C. Johnson Family (Worth: $37 billion; S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc. )
                  7. (Edward) Johnson Family (Worth: $36 billion; Fidelity)
                  8. Cox Family (Worth: $34.5 billion; Cox Enterprises)
                  9. Pritzker Family (Worth: $32.5 billion; Hyatt)
                  10. Newhouse Family (Worth: $30 billion; Advance Publications, Inc.)
                  11. Duncan Family (Worth: $22 billion; Enterprise Product Partners)
                  12. Hearst Family (Worth: $21 billion; Hearst Corp.)
                  13. Brown Family (Worth: $20.4 billion; Brown-Forman Corp.)
                  14. Marshall Family (Worth: $18.5 billion; Koch Industries/Diversified)
                  15. Butt Family (Worth: $17.8 billion; H.E.B. grocery store chain)
                  16. Busch Family (Worth: $17.6 billion; Anheuser -Busch)
                  17. Du Pont Family (Worth: $16 billion; DuPont)
                  18. Hunt Family (Worth: $15.5 billion; Oil/Diversified)
                  19. Dorrance Family (Worth: $15 billion; Campbell Soup Co.)
                  20. Ziff Family (Worth: $15 billion; Publishing)
                  21. Cathy Family (Worth: $14.2 billion; Chick-fil-A)
                  22. Stryker Family (Worth: $14 billion; Medical equipment)
                  23. Goldman Family (Worth: $13.2 billion; Real estate)
                  24. Rollins Family (Worth: $13.2 billion; Orkin pest control)
                  25. Gallo Family (Worth: $12.4 billion; Wine, Liquor)
                  26. Reyes Family (Worth: $12 billion; Food & beer distribution)
                  27. Kohler Family (Worth: $11.7 billion; Plumbing products, sinks)
                  28. Mellon Family (Worth: $11.5 billion; Banking)
                  29. Smith Family (Worth: $11.3 billion; Tools, banking)
                  30. Bass Family (Worth: $10.8 billion; Oil, investments)
                  31. Sackler Family (Worth: $10.8 billion; Purdue Pharm)
                  32. Johnson Family (Worth: $10.7 billion; Johnson & Johnson)
                  33. Marriott Family (Worth: $10.4 billion; Marriott Hotels)
                  34. Crown Family (Worth: $10.2 billion; Investments)
                  35. Hughes Family (Worth: $10.2 billion; Public Storage Inc.)
                  36. Pigott Family (Worth: $10.1 billion; Truck-maker Paccar)
                  37. Shoen Family (Worth: $9 billion; U-Haul)
                  38. (Don & Doris) Fisher Family (Worth: $8.9 billion; The Gap)
                  39. Jenkins Family (Worth: $8.8 billion; Publix Super Markets)
                  40. Chao Family (Worth: $8.6 billion; Westlake Chemical Corp.)
                  41. (Charles & Rupert) Johnson Family (Worth: $8.6 billion; Franklin Resources)
                  42. Phipps Family (Worth: $8.6 billion; Carnegie Steel, Bessemer Trust)
                  43. Rockefeller Family (Worth: $8.4 billion; Oil)
                  44. E.W. Scripps Family (Worth: $8.4 billion; Newspapers)
                  45. Bechtel Family (Worth: $8.3 billion; Construction, engineering)
                  46. Gore Family (Worth: $8.2 billion; Gore-Tex)
                  47. Durst Family (Worth: $8.1 billion; Real estate)
                  48. Taylor Family (Worth: $7.8 billion; Enterprise Rent-A-Car)
                  49. Simplot Family (Worth: $7.7 billion; Agribusiness)
                  50. Barbey Family (Worth: $7.3 billion; Textiles, apparel)
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-30-2021, 12:52 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/...73123471962116

LA Times reports McCarthy's brother-in-law used claims of native heritage based on membership in a group tribal leaders consider a fraud to receive $7.6 million in no-bid & other prime federal contracts since 2000.
                    What do you get when you cross the Hunter Biden Story with Elizabeth Warren? Kevin McCarthy!

I wonder why the DOJ didn't investigate this in 2018...

edit: BTW this has brought back into the forefront why McCarthy declined to run for Speaker after Boehner left. The Forgotten Scandal
                    Last edited by Handyman; 08-30-2021, 10:03 PM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Speaking of mcQuarthy

hes threatening telecom companies not to comply and release phone records

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...253670916?s=21

Comment

• That would be a bigger deal...if we had a DOJ that was taking any of this seriously.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          That would be a bigger deal...if we had a DOJ that was taking any of this seriously.
                          I find the DOJ the biggest disappointment of the Biden Administration. Epic Fail.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Speaking of mcQuarthy

hes threatening telecom companies not to comply and release phone records

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...253670916?s=21
                            let them bleat.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I find the DOJ the biggest disappointment of the Biden Administration. Epic Fail.
                              Garland is the wrong leader for this time. We need someone who people fear. Christ we have members of Congress openly talking about violence and rebellion nothing. The FBI knows where violent insurrectionists are (who are committing violent acts weekly still and bragging about it on Social Media) and nothing. Even the ones who do get charged barely get a slap on the wrist. Garland is Neville Chamberlain.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Garland is the wrong leader for this time. We need someone who people fear. Christ we have members of Congress openly talking about violence and rebellion nothing. The FBI knows where violent insurrectionists are (who are committing violent acts weekly still and bragging about it on Social Media) and nothing. Even the ones who do get charged barely get a slap on the wrist. Garland is Neville Chamberlain.
                                Yes - he continues to operate as an impartial jurist, not as a protagonist. He thinks he needs to try the case (in his own mind) before he BRINGS the case. That's no longer his job.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X