Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    I'll be anxious to see if Mr. Gaetz can fix the Britney Spears situation. How that injustice has been allowed to continue this long is beyond understanding.
    She is a woman, wo has been exploited by everyone from Di$ney to her label to her family since she was like 10. That is how...

Think about what Britney has lost control over her life over...and now think of the fact that Charlie Sheen has complete control over every aspect of his life. (not a knock on Charlie, by all accounts everyone I know who met him said he was awesome)

In other words...no dick means she has no say.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

She is a woman, wo has been exploited by everyone from Di$ney to her label to her family since she was like 10. That is how...

Think about what Britney has lost control over her life over...and now think of the fact that Charlie Sheen has complete control over every aspect of his life. (not a knock on Charlie, by all accounts everyone I know who met him said he was awesome)

In other words...no dick means she has no say.
      What you say is completely true, Handy, and worth stating. As is usually the case, I was looking past what is serious and worthwhile, instead mocking Gaetz for involving himself with a tabloid idol while . . . well, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

What you say is completely true, Handy, and worth stating. As is usually the case, I was looking past what is serious and worthwhile, instead mocking Gaetz for involving himself with a tabloid idol while . . . well, you know.
        Probably hoping to get him some.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• She is too old for him. He is exploiting her too though...using this as a way to shift the narrative away from the fact that he is a drug abusing sex trafficker.

At one point I am sure it made sense to have a conservator just so Britney could catch up with how crazy things got. But if you read the Ronan Farrow article in the New Yorker you see how the whole thing was a scam from the word jump. I honestly don't know how she didn't kill herself from depression if even half the story he tells is true. I mean her dad and the others in cahoots with him used her kids as blackmail to get her to keep working, or stop dating people, or just anything. They used the media to frame her as a bad mother and unhinged and the media ate it up. Everyone crapped on her because she was a sexualized woman who had a lot of fame and money. She wasnt as strong as Lady Gaga or Madonna (and didnt have the support around her) so she cracked but not to the level they made it out to be. She wasn't so out of touch with reality she couldnt have multiple Vegas residencies, be on a Network Talent Show and tour...

I go back to the "Framing Britney" Doc (which was obviously on the biased side) but look at the reactions when JT confirms he and Britney slept together. It bolsters his rep, and she goes on Diane Sawyer and gets crapped on because she didn't wait until marriage. She is a bad role model and he makes videos calling her a whore that sell millions of records.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• NYTimes has a story about Lindsay Graham and his relationship with Trump. (and his early life...which was pretty sad) In it there is this story:

In mid-November, as he was publicly urging Mr. Trump to keep up the election fight, Mr. Graham made a previously unreported phone call to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., to revive a friendship damaged by his call for a special prosecutor to investigate the overseas business dealings of Mr. Biden’s son Hunter.

It was short, and not especially sweet, according to three people with direct knowledge of the exchange. Mr. Graham told Mr. Biden that, in attacking Hunter, he had done only the bare minimum to satisfy Trump supporters back home. (A Graham spokesman disputed that account.)

Mr. Biden, who viewed Mr. Graham’s statement as an unforgivable attack on his family responded by saying he would work with any Republican, but dismissed the approach as Mr. Graham trying to have it both ways, two people close to the president said.

“Lindsey’s been a personal disappointment,” Mr. Biden said a few days later, “because I was a personal friend of his.”
            The article does a decent job explaining why Graham is always attracted to power.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

NYTimes has a story about Lindsay Graham and his relationship with Trump. (and his early life...which was pretty sad) In it there is this story:

The article does a decent job explaining why Graham is always attracted to power.
              Cause he has a thing for big, strong, daddy figures? The type that will put him over their knee?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

NYTimes has a story about Lindsay Graham and his relationship with Trump. (and his early life...which was pretty sad) In it there is this story:

Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yup.

This explains many politicians on the Right, and also many who carry water for them, from their think tanks to their pundits all the way down to Joe Schmoe apologists on college hockey forums.

For every actual sociopath like Dump there are hundreds of weak-kneed acolytes just trying to rub up against the ostensible value and respect they will never have themselves.

The Right is a few madmen and then unending fields of pathetic losers.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-15-2021, 12:15 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Isn't that pretty much the first 10 minutes of the "Minions" movie?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Isn't that pretty much the first 10 minutes of the "Minions" movie?
                      Or Dracula.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-15-2021, 04:31 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Looks like Republicans will have sole authority to redraw 187 districts, while Democrats have the power to redraw 84.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                          Looks like Republicans will have sole authority to redraw 187 districts, while Democrats have the power to redraw 84.
                          And because the Republicans are guaranteed to engage in gerrymandering, then Democrats have to as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

And because the Republicans are guaranteed to engage in gerrymandering, then Democrats have to as well.
                            As we should. We can’t yield that playing field to Republicans too, or we’ll never have a chance in the House. It’s clear Democrats want to stop gerrymandering for everyone, based on their voting rights bills in Congress, but since the political will- nah- since Republicans are piles of ****ing garbage, we all know they’ll never pass*. Independent redistricting commissions are better than nothing and are slowly growing, but they’re a stopgap. Demographic trends are pointing toward Democrats dominating, or eventually dominating, everywhere except a small handful of places, but trends don’t translate to votes, and it’s clear the GOP can dismantle free and fair elections faster than said demographic trends translating into Democratic votes.

*Looking at you, Sinema, Manchin, and probably one or two more Democratic Senators too chickensh-t to admit they don’t support filibuster reforms either.

Comment

• By the time the demographics matter it will be too late. At the rate the GOP is descending into Anti-Democracy we have 2 elections tops to fix this or we will be a richer version of Hungary.

And no I am not being hyperbolic and I don't own any pearls to clutch.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

By the time the demographics matter it will be too late. At the rate the GOP is descending into Anti-Democracy we have 2 elections tops to fix this or we will be a richer version of Hungary.

And no I am not being hyperbolic and I don't own any pearls to clutch.
                                Correct.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X