Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Trump-backed candidate Mike Carey romped to victory in OH-15, while moderate Shontel Brown looks to be leading progressive Nina Turner 50%-44% with 62% of precincts reporting as of this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
      Looks like Trump-backed candidate Mike Carey romped to victory in OH-15, while moderate Shontel Brown looks to be leading progressive Nina Turner 50%-44% with 62% of precincts reporting as of this post.
      Nina Turner isn't a Democrat (assuming it's the same person I'm thinking of)

**** her

Edit: oh yeah, definitely the same one and she can definitely get ****ed.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nina Turner isn't a Democrat (assuming it's the same person I'm thinking of)

**** her

Edit: oh yeah, definitely the same one and she can definitely get ****ed.
        Looks like the race is being called for Shontel Brown, so no one has to worry about Nina Turner.

Comment

• Yeah Nina Turner is Jill Stein.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh man the Jill Stein fans are not happy on Twitter. Apparently she lost because of "dark money" (her words) and it was rigged by the "Corporate Warmonger Dems". These people are not creative.

(by all accounts I read Turner outspent Brown so...yeah)
            Last edited by Handyman; 08-04-2021, 01:26 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Oh man the Jill Stein fans are not happy on Twitter. Apparently she lost because of "dark money" (her words) and it was rigged by the "Corporate Warmonger Dems". These people are not creative.

(by all accounts I read Turner outspent Brown so...yeah)
              Did Soros pay them before paying me?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I had never heard of Nina Turner before this race, but I haven't seen anything other than a Sanders Wing Dem who stresses the economic issues that make some in the party very uncomfortable, much like Sanders himself.

She doesn't seem like a Jill Stein at all.

But like I say, I have read maybe 40 column inches about her lifetime.

The people at Jacobin have never mentioned her, but Chapo Trap House likes her, and that seems like a good thing.

This reflexive hatred of the Left needs to stop if we are going to beat the Nazis.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Did Soros pay them before paying me?
                  I'm still waiting for my check...
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I had never heard of Nina Turner before this race, but I haven't seen anything other than a Sanders Wing Dem who stresses the economic issues that make some in the party very uncomfortable, much like Sanders himself.

The people at Jacobin have never mentioned her, but Chapo Trap House likes her, and that seems like a good thing.

This reflexive hatred of the Left needs to stop if we are going to beat the Nazis.
                    From the little I’ve read of her, she’s a bomb-thrower, like saying the only thing Clyburn got out of Biden for endorsing him before the South Carolina primary is that Juneteenth was made a federal holiday. There’s a ton of other stuff shes’s said- again, from the little I’ve read. What I found interesting is not only did Sanders and AOC endorse her, but so did Bakari Sellers, a Clinton surrogate.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

From the little I’ve read of her, she’s a bomb-thrower, like saying the only thing Clyburn got out of Biden for endorsing him before the South Carolina primary is that Juneteenth was made a federal holiday. There’s a ton of other stuff shes’s said- again, from the little I’ve read. What I found interesting is not only did Sanders and AOC endorse her, but so did Bakari Sellers, a Clinton surrogate.
                      That could be. I know nothing.

I am obviously predisposed to be protective of the few Leftists who remain. But I can recognize self-defeating posturing (Stein) when I see it.
                      Cornell University

Comment

That could be. I know nothing.

I am obviously predisposed to be protective of the few Leftists who remain. But I can recognize self-defeating posturing (Stein) when I see it.
                        I think she would have been a reliable Democratic vote. The entire Squad, at least the females, endorsed her, so I’m sure she would have joined their ranks. I would have been fine with either candidate in Congress. Pelosi will gain one more vote for her razor-thin margin, allowing the Jared Goldens of the world to vote “no” on everything and take credit later.

Edit: forgot I wrote about Bakari Sellers already. D’oh.
                        Last edited by psych; 08-04-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I had never heard of Nina Turner before this race, but I haven't seen anything other than a Sanders Wing Dem who stresses the economic issues that make some in the party very uncomfortable, much like Sanders himself.

She didn't endorse Hillary or Biden and said Biden is like "eating a bowl of shit"

This reflexive hatred of the Democratic party needs to stop if we are going to beat the Nazis.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

She supported Jill Stein, especially in Pennsylvania where Stein's votes were the difference in 2016. She also then went on CNN after the fact and basically laughed at the Dems for losing...

It isn't her policies, they are excellent. It is her rhetoric and her "**** you its my way or the highway!" attitude. Think back to the last 2 Dem Primaries, it wasn't Bernie who was the issue it was the people who spoke for him and their "we would rather burn the house down than work to fix the house" attitude which ultimately did him in. To them (and her) it is purity above all else. Letting Trump take power to prove a point is more than fine with her and her staunch supporters, and losing is not an option. The system is corrupt...except for her of course.

Look, it is completely hypocritical to mock Trump and the GOP for claiming his loss was "rigged" and "fraud" with "outside interests pushing an agenda" and then not call that out within our party. Turner has all the right ideas but she is just the way wrong person to implement them. The proof is that she couldn't just accept that she lost, it had to be dark money from outside interests that took her down. (just like when Bernie lost to Hillary) She stokes the same firebrand BS that Trump does only she does it for our side so we should just accept it. Screw that noise. She is a power hungry POS who thinks that both sides are so corrupt only she and her kind can fix it. (sound familiar) If she can't win she was obviously screwed and now she and her ilk can just take their ball and go home. The amount of parallels between her and her sycophants and the Trumpers (again not policy, attitude) is rather scary.

The Far Left can do way the **** better than a turncoat proto-authoritarian. Cori Bush is 100000X better than Nina Turner could ever dream to be. Brown is not perfect, but she holds the Dem Agenda (and the Agenda of all under the umbrella) as her own unlike Turner who would sooner light herself on fire than side with Biden on anything.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

She didn't endorse Hillary or Biden and said Biden is like "eating a bowl of shit"

This reflexive hatred of the Democratic party needs to stop if we are going to beat the Nazis.
                              This times infinity.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

She supported Jill Stein, especially in Pennsylvania where Stein's votes were the difference in 2016. She also then went on CNN after the fact and basically laughed at the Dems for losing...

It isn't her policies, they are excellent. It is her rhetoric and her "**** you its my way or the highway!" attitude. Think back to the last 2 Dem Primaries, it wasn't Bernie who was the issue it was the people who spoke for him and their "we would rather burn the house down than work to fix the house" attitude which ultimately did him in. To them (and her) it is purity above all else. Letting Trump take power to prove a point is more than fine with her and her staunch supporters, and losing is not an option. The system is corrupt...except for her of course.

Look, it is completely hypocritical to mock Trump and the GOP for claiming his loss was "rigged" and "fraud" with "outside interests pushing an agenda" and then not call that out within our party. Turner has all the right ideas but she is just the way wrong person to implement them. The proof is that she couldn't just accept that she lost, it had to be dark money from outside interests that took her down. (just like when Bernie lost to Hillary) She stokes the same firebrand BS that Trump does only she does it for our side so we should just accept it. Screw that noise. She is a power hungry POS who thinks that both sides are so corrupt only she and her kind can fix it. (sound familiar) If she can't win she was obviously screwed and now she and her ilk can just take their ball and go home. The amount of parallels between her and her sycophants and the Trumpers (again not policy, attitude) is rather scary.

The Far Left can do way the **** better than a turncoat proto-authoritarian. Cori Bush is 100000X better than Nina Turner could ever dream to be. Brown is not perfect, but she holds the Dem Agenda (and the Agenda of all under the umbrella) as her own unlike Turner who would sooner light herself on fire than side with Biden on anything.
                                Exactly. There are several ways to push the DNC left without nuking it and your chances of beating the nazis. AOC has done a pretty good job of it. Bernie has as well. I'll take handy's word about Cori Bush, I haven't followed her as much. Obviously there are others I didn't list.

Then there are the people like Turner, Brihana Gray, and others who have taken a "My way or **** everyone" approach that most parents would recognize from their toddlers.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X