Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post
    I was going to be upset at Nancy for her potentially partisan, boneheaded move, but McCarthy taking the entire GOP off the committee means no Jim Jordan wasting everyone’s time being a ****bag. Even Cheney applauded Pelosi’s move. I guess Nancy never once overestimated McCarthy’s ability to **** his own sh-t up. I’ll miss her when she’s gone.
    As for Sinema, any chance she would even lose a primary? If not, will Democrats who are ****ed at her in the state sincerely not vote for her, and let a Republican fill her seat? Yes, yes, she ACTS like a Republican, but she’s only 50% in the bag, not >90%.
    He's even demanding a 9/11-style investigation. You know, like the one you tried to torpedo (and then Mitch did torpedo), which is what brought us here? This gaslighting is insane. It's exactly what Mitch did to the second impeachment - slow walk it until Trump was out of office, then declare it invalid because he was out of office.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I have never been a fan of Pelosi, but she is the perfect Speaker for the times we live in. Her very existence in that role puts the GOP on tilt and Qevin is not smart enough to keep up with her. She is a "Wartime Consigliere" and we are "Going to the Mattresses".

The best was some know nothing from Politico (yes I know redundant) decided to say this was a terrible move and played right into Qevin's hands (sort of like you were gonna psych) and every media type she follows or knows was in the comments ripping her awful take. Kevin Sorbo wasn't torn down as badly.

As for Sinema...I get the feeling she thought once she was in she would coast to a lifetime position. She could be in the middle on most issues and just coast to re-election on her moderate stances and LGBTQ+ status. The problem is to make that work you have to keep your head down and not make a scene. She let her narcissism torpedo her by making a spectacle of her decisions; decisions that go against the people who voted for her in the first place. She is not only stabbing her supporters in the back but she is doing it on live tv and making sure the spotlight is on her when she does it. She seems to think she is John McCain but she forgets that McCain was someone BEFORE he was a Senator. When he pulled troll moves he had the clout to back it up. Personal politics aside he was respected by both sides of the aisle for a long time. (ask John Kerry or Obama or Biden) She is a nobody. And what makes it look even worse is her fellow Senator from AZ is lightyears better than her on policy and just serving his people.

If the primary was held today I would say her odds are ridiculously long...which is crazy for a sitting Senator.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

He's even demanding a 9/11-style investigation. You know, like the one you tried to torpedo (and then Mitch did torpedo), which is what brought us here? This gaslighting is insane. It's exactly what Mitch did to the second impeachment - slow walk it until Trump was out of office, then declare it invalid because he was out of office.
        Yeah...they literally caved on every demand the GOP made and the GOP still said no. But somehow it is the Dems who are not being bipartisan.

Think about this, right now Liz Cheney looks like a hero compared to most of the rest of her Party. This is a woman who threw her own sister under the bus because her primary opponent found out she was a lesbian and Liz supported her marriage, and SHE is the voice of reason. This country is so ****ed...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Nostradumbass: https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/...79020412362755

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Arizona has closed primaries, so Sinema is being a bonehead. The GOP voters aren't going to cross over to save her. She does have 2-3 years to appear more purple that she has, though.
            The AZ folks I know, who are by no means ultra-liberal though they are Dem, have been following her bullsh-t closely. If the party finds a competent popular alternative she could be primaried.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Unless Martha McSally switches parties ;^)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Jfc

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...32979047043075

Comment

• Always projection.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I have never been a fan of Pelosi, but she is the perfect Speaker for the times we live in. Her very existence in that role puts the GOP on tilt and Qevin is not smart enough to keep up with her. She is a "Wartime Consigliere" and we are "Going to the Mattresses".

The best was some know nothing from Politico (yes I know redundant) decided to say this was a terrible move and played right into Qevin's hands (sort of like you were gonna psych) and every media type she follows or knows was in the comments ripping her awful take. Kevin Sorbo wasn't torn down as badly.

As for Sinema...I get the feeling she thought once she was in she would coast to a lifetime position. She could be in the middle on most issues and just coast to re-election on her moderate stances and LGBTQ+ status. The problem is to make that work you have to keep your head down and not make a scene. She let her narcissism torpedo her by making a spectacle of her decisions; decisions that go against the people who voted for her in the first place. She is not only stabbing her supporters in the back but she is doing it on live tv and making sure the spotlight is on her when she does it. She seems to think she is John McCain but she forgets that McCain was someone BEFORE he was a Senator. When he pulled troll moves he had the clout to back it up. Personal politics aside he was respected by both sides of the aisle for a long time. (ask John Kerry or Obama or Biden) She is a nobody. And what makes it look even worse is her fellow Senator from AZ is lightyears better than her on policy and just serving his people.

If the primary was held today I would say her odds are ridiculously long...which is crazy for a sitting Senator.
                    I’ll be honest, if Kevin had stuck to his guns, kept his other three members on the committee, then placed two more less partisan- like there is such a thing anymore but you know what I’m saying- members on the committee and claimed Pelosi was playing partisan games, I’m not so sure the average, everyday American would have sided with Pelosi. But, then, two things: I’m not sure the average, everyday American even ****ing cares about any of this stuff, and Nancy Pelosi knows how to play the game much better than I ever could, knowing much more than I do about Kevin McCarthy and his tendencies, so this worked out brilliantly.

I’m still stumped on Sinema. Would someone like Tom O’Halleran or Greg Stanton attempt to primary her? Just trying to think of names who may have some statewide recognition down there. When the seats are redrawn with the independent commission, maybe O’Halleran’s gets even redder and he goes for it. I guess it’s all irrelevant at the moment. I just like dabbling in hypotheticals.

Comment

Yeah...they literally caved on every demand the GOP made and the GOP still said no. But somehow it is the Dems who are not being bipartisan.

Think about this, right now Liz Cheney looks like a hero compared to most of the rest of her Party. This is a woman who threw her own sister under the bus because her primary opponent found out she was a lesbian and Liz supported her marriage, and SHE is the voice of reason. This country is so ****ed...
                      Yep.

Comment

I am repetitive and pedantic about this (and everything) but we are talking at most about one third of the country. It is extremely unpleasant to have to live anywhere near these FAILS but if the other two-thirds can keep our heads we can cordon them off and isolate them from power and wait as they, literally, kill themselves.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I am repetitive and pedantic about this (and everything) but we are talking at most about one third of the country. It is extremely unpleasant to have to live anywhere near these FAILS but if the other two-thirds can keep our heads we can cordon them off and isolate them from power and wait as they, literally, kill themselves.
                          I think you're deluding yourself.

Step outside the beltway once in a while.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I think you're deluding yourself.

Step outside the beltway once in a while.
                            I have not actually been within the Beltway other than going to see the Mets in more than five years.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I really hope they try this. I hope Paul tries to cite him for Contempt of Congress. Go for it, fellas.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It isn't 1/3...the math doesn't work. It is 1/3 that are open about it.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X