Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Is that the mirror of the Suzie Collins Cycle?
    The difference is the Suzie Collins Cycle means things actually become law.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Speaking of Collins, maybe Drew can explain to us why she is in favor of restrictive voting practices, given it was just filibustered 50-50 on party lines.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Speaking of Collins, maybe Drew can explain to us why she is in favor of restrictive voting practices, given it was just filibustered 50-50 on party lines.
        It’s a state’s rights issue. The states are the ones spending the money to hold elections and they should have control over them.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Of course it is.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It’s a state’s rights issue. The states are the ones spending the money to hold elections and they should have control over them.
            Never change, drew.

Comment

Now say this in 1960.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

What if a state said 6-year-olds should vote? Or 90-year-olds shouldn't?

Ok, now what if they said they were only going to put one polling place per square mile? And that voting could only take place from noon until 2 pm? And only in person?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The Federal Government has the right to set standards for all the states they do it on all sorts of issues. She would have no issue if Mitch puts forth stuff that is Federally based.

She is a ****ing fraud.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

What if a state said 6-year-olds should vote? Or 90-year-olds shouldn't?
                    The former is constitutional, the latter is not.

You can always expand voting beyond what the Constitution requires, you just can't restrict it further. It's the floor, not the ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The former is constitutional, the latter is not.

You can always expand voting beyond what the Constitution requires, you just can't restrict it further. It's the floor, not the ceiling.
                      I knew I shouldn't have included this part. I should have just left the second half that wasn't quoted. Oh well.

(though interesting that restricting age is possible.)
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Al Franken on tour this fall, presale tomorrow.

im in!

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I knew I shouldn't have included this part. I should have just left the second half that wasn't quoted. Oh well.

(though interesting that restricting age is possible.)
                          XXVI: “The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.”

Every last one of the GOP state voter restriction laws violates this amendment.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Never change, drew.
                            Gotta do everything we can to stop the Republican threat to democracy.

But don't question Suzy's motives for anything. She's off limits. Not part of the problem. She's the solution.

Drew's snugglebunny.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

The difference is the Suzie Collins Cycle means things actually become law.
                              Republicans only care about passing laws related to the budget/taxes, so 50 votes + VP is all they ever need to advance their agenda/priorities. If Democrats only gave a flying **** about the budget/taxes, Manchin’s cycle would result in more legislation too. I’m still holding out hope Democrats push one more decent budget reconciliation package through this year. I’m more worried about Sinema than Manchin, assuming this bipartisan infrastructure bill actually passes the House/Senate. Sanders’ $6 trillion bill doesn’t stand a chance, but anything over a couple trillion from new spending will help many a need.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Gotta do everything we can to stop the Republican threat to democracy.

But don't question Suzy's motives for anything. She's off limits. Not part of the problem. She's the solution.

Drew's snugglebunny.
                                This is the most accurate thing you have ever posted.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X