Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    At some point even Manchin will realize that the Republicans are not here to govern, right? They're here to throw bombs and to try to get a Republican elected in 2024.
    Dr. Mrs. thinks Mitch ****ed up with the "all 50" stunt. He didn't need to -- he could have released 2 or 3 and still killed it, and given Manchin room to hide.

But by pitching a shut out he ****ed Manchin and undercut his entire bullsh-t "bipartisan" bluff. Now Manchin finds himself the laughingstock of the country instead of "the last sane voice for comity." He must be livid.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-18-2021, 10:12 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Some folks on TV think that Manchin is playing 3 dimensional chess by getting Republicans to come out against Voter ID yesterday. I'll bet it doesn't work.
      If I met these people I would assault them, so it's good I haven't.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Dr. Mrs. thinks Mitch ****ed up with the "all 50" stunt. He didn't need to -- he could have released 2 or 3 and still killed it, and given Manchin room to hide.

But by pitching a shut out he ****ed Manchin and undercut his entire bullsh-t "bipartisan" bluff. Now Manchin finds himself the laughingstock of the country instead of "the last sane voice for comity." He must be livid.
        I really hope this is the case. Somehow, I have my doubts. No one voting Republican cares about bipartisanship anything. I think the polls are bs on that. If people really cared about that stuff when they voted and they're on the fence they would have voted Democratic in droves by now. It's been clear for over 20 years which party is interested in governing and which party wants to burn the fffing house down.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I really hope this is the case. Somehow, I have my doubts. No one voting Republican cares about bipartisanship anything. I think the polls are bs on that. If people really cared about that stuff when they voted and they're on the fence they would have voted Democratic in droves by now. It's been clear for over 20 years which party is interested in governing and which party wants to burn the fffing house down.
          I know, I don't really see how it changes anything for Manchin. He was lying, we all knew he was lying, he knew we all knew he was lying. So what's changed?
          Cornell University

Comment

I know, I don't really see how it changes anything for Manchin. He was lying, we all knew he was lying, he knew we all knew he was lying. So what's changed?
            Exactly. I don't think either party gained anything from Manchin's shenanigans. He wasted his time. He should just say that any bill that requires Republican votes (which is any bill the Republicans want to filibuster cause they don't like it) he sides with the Republicans. Cause that's where we are at. And that might get him reelected in his backwater state which is what he wants more than anything else.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Exactly. I don't think either party gained anything from Manchin's shenanigans. He wasted his time. He should just say that any bill that requires Republican votes (which is any bill the Republicans want to filibuster cause they don't like it) he sides with the Republicans. Cause that's where we are at. And that might get him reelected in his backwater state which is what he wants more than anything else.
              Yep.
              Cornell University

Comment

The only thing that might have changed is this time the GOP he protects nuked him in front of the world. As Dr. Mrs. pointed out Mitch cut him off at the knees. He (and Sinema) are basically out there taking bullets protecting any shot Mitch has to stop a Progressive (or even just Center-Left) Agenda and the positive reactions that would come from it. (i.e. Voter ID and Infrastructure likely keeps Congress Blue) Manchin can't play the sanity card when the other side is too insane even for his standards.

While I don't agree it will change anything if anything does this might be it. It is sort of the John McCain syndrome...he had no problem doing whatever his GOP Masters wanted until Trump became the leader of the party and insulted McCain and the military. McCain was never going to be voted out of office even if he screwed over every old person in Arizona by cutting ObamaCare. He knew it, Mitch knew it and so did every politician with an IQ over 5. (which is maybe 1/3 of the GOP Caucus at that point) He is also a massive egomaniac and knew his health was going sideways. The one thing you don't do is spit in the face of an egomaniac with nothing to lose because they will act with impunity. That is why McCain made it a big show when he screwed Trump and Mitch over on the vote.

It is like when a superstar athlete is bored during a game that doesn't really matter and someone takes a cheap shot on them. You can guarantee they are going to ramp it up to 11 and score as often as possible.

Now we know Manchin is a narcissist (not as bad as Sinema although she goes into hiding he is front and center pretending he is God's Gift to Political Discourse) so in theory he might not look too kindly to the fact that they just made him look flaccid and worthless to the entire world. Spite is a powerful motivator...and he has ways to play both ends still. (partial nuking) Plus he has cover because Sinema is a worthless GOP collaborator.

I will believe it when I see it but I would say the odds are better today than they were yesterday...even if it is only 5% instead of .5%.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have to think that's the case. He's going to put forth his own (detailed!) plan for the VR bill and he's going to get sneered at by the GOP. Sometimes you just need to let conservatives experience why things they do are bad.

Hopefully he gets pizzed and says let's ****ing do this.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1405934133759594498

GOP Rep. Ralph Norman explains his Juneteenth no vote on Fox radio: "How many holidays do we want? What's the magic number. This would put it to 11. Do we want 20? Are we going to do one for the Native American Indians? I mean where does it stop? This was such an easy no vote."
                    Yeah he actually said this...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That's about a million times worse than the dingus who said the name (Juneteenth National Independence Day, or something to that effect) might lead to confusion because we have two independence days and it would lead to further racial divide over who celebrates when.

Or something like that. Hard to decipher to the word salad these idiots cobble together to form a thought.

We should have one. It should replace the federal holiday for a guy who didn't discover sh-t, got lost, and directly or indirectly led to a long list of atrocities we've committed against those peoples.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-18-2021, 02:19 PM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

We should have one. It should replace the federal holiday for a guy who didn't discover sh-t, got lost, and directly or indirectly led to a long list of atrocities we've committed against those peoples.
                        No, Columbus Day gets taken away so Voting Day gets to be a holiday.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Wait. A member of the House of Representatives is concerned that I may have too many days off?
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 06-18-2021, 02:44 PM.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Wait. A member of the House of Representatives is concerned that I may have too many days off?
                            Not only that...but a member of the House who shows up to roll call below even their pathetic average!

dx,

Candace Owens called Juneteeth pathetic and said she will only celebrate the 4th of July...a holiday that started back when she wouldn't be allowed to celebrate anything. She also got her brother to show up at a "Old White Guys Against CRT Rally" and pretend to be a concerned parent (with 2 degrees that seem unverified) and talk about how CRT is bad for both communities.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I hope Sinema and Manchin read this story https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-fai...ns-11623922201 We should obviously raise taxes on corporations and high earning individuals to help pay for infrastructure but no reason gas tax can’t go up as well.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I hope Sinema and Manchin read this story https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-fai...ns-11623922201 We should obviously raise taxes on corporations and high earning individuals to help pay for infrastructure but no reason gas tax can’t go up as well.
                                Raising the gas tax is regressive and disproportionately affects poor people, and by extension, people of color. If they could raise it and make it more progressive, maybe, but I doubt that’s what they’d do. Sanders is against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X