Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You trust the voters...especially the average "Barely Informed Outside What They See in 3 Minute Segments" voters way more than I do. If that was all it took the Dems would never lose. GOP branding (pun somewhat intended) Trumps the Dems showing the truth every day and in almost every election. I mean you yourself said you think the House is lost...this despite the fact that the entire country watched on live TV as the Trumpers (fueled by almost the entire GOP) tried to overthrow the election AND STILL ARE! They watched as the GOP in the Senate stopped an investigation into it, have gummed up the works on Voters Rights, Infrastructure and pretty much everything else even the voters want and it likely won't change what is coming.

Outside of the Faux crowd the voters know the truth...but the problem is they more resemble Drew than any of us. They might hate everything the GOP stands for but won't vote against them because its only the OTHER GOPers who suck, mine really cares and does the right thing! Plus they follow the people who actually seem to do something, not the ones who promise the world then when they lose because they aren't willing to bleed for it just throw up their hands like an 8 year old and say "but it isn't my fault THEY ARE BEING MEANIES!!1!1".

Look if I didn't believe that everything was on the line I would say 99% of what you said. That has been my mantra since I started voting. This is different, this is not some weird hypothetical about how if we elect Romney we will slippery slope in oblivion. Despite what certain posters around here think the enemy is at the gates and Democracy is pretty much on trial. Every centimeter we give they take a mile and it has been that way my whole friggin life. That is why voters never really trust the Dems and are so easy to vote them out. It is time to put up or shut up because if our pessimism is correct then there is real trouble coming. (even my optimist dad is saying it now which scares the Bejesus out of me!)

It is time for the Dems to stop acting like Dems and finally bring a gun to the gun fight. If the other team is taking cheap shots then fight ****ing back already. Let Kevin McCarthy threaten to throw Omar off the Foreign Relations committee if he does she will be replaced. (not a dig on her I vote for her!) Stop worrying about what might happen in 18 months that is not in our control right now. If they regain power there is about seven million worse things they will do worse than that anyways.
    I’m not against fighting fire with fire- I just don’t like the person the GOP selected as their target. Nothing Omar has said or done comes anywhere close to what MTG has done. Of course the GOP doesn’t ****ing care, but like Hovey said- what did it accomplish?
    I think the average voter is ****ing stupid. I’ve lived in western Minnesota, and currently Kentucky, for Christ’s sake- I’ve seen the dumbest of the dumb.
    Our messaging war has to improve, and yes, we need to have some ****ing **** to back it up. Tying MTG to the mainstream GOP isn’t a bad idea, because she IS the ****ing mainstream GOP. But, booting her off the committee is too clever by half. It’s small fish to fry in the long run, but merely replacing Omar with “someone else” is a slap in the face to one of the first two Muslim-American women in Congress. And yes, I know she’s your rep.
    As for thinking the House is lost, redistricting and reapportionment alone will take care of the House for the GOP, despite what the average unintelligent voter has to say. The experts think so too. Absolutely they’ve been wrong before, and now would be better than ever for them to be wrong- but the GOP ****ers in charge of redistricting in states where they have complete control won’t **** this up. And yes, if Democrats have the power to redistrict in favor of Democrats in the few states we have complete control, I want it done. That’s why I’m mad at the ****wit House Speaker from Oregon who ceded control of redistricting away from Democrats to share it with Republicans. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I’m all for abolishing gerrymandering, BUT UNTIL that’s happened, fight fire with fire. Protect your majority.
    Last edited by psych; 06-16-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Which is funny, considering he’s posted before he was a libertarian of some sh-t for a while before he made the transition. I was never stupid enough to fall for that libertarian sh-t. Been a Democrat since voting Klobuchar/Patty Wetterling (bless her heart) in 2006.
      You are my hero!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/JasonSCampbell/s...81246620512261

Rep Madison Cawthorn: "If anybody ever wants to say 'oh, well you know what, citizens with a few small arms fire would never be able to stop the federal government' - I absolutely disagree. Ask the Viet Cong how they handled the Marines and the Army in Vietnam"
        I am not sure what is more amazing...that this Nazi doesn't seem to understand how the Vietnamese won* the war or that he apparently is in awe of the Viet Cong. Is there any enemies of America the GQP don't jizz their pants over?

*while losing millions of lives
        Last edited by Handyman; 06-17-2021, 01:08 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Casually admiring the Viet Cong to own the libs.

Comment

• https://***********/TheDailyShow/sta...884331009?s=20

The Daily Show @TheDailyShow ? 2h
            Imagine being so racist you don’t want the day off
            The Hill @thehill
            14 Republicans vote against making Juneteenth a federal holiday http://hill.cm/EIbGqX8

Comment

• Manchin must get off on being Charlie Brown to Turtle Boy's Lucy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...promise-495023

Senate Republicans spent months praising Joe Manchin for his insistence on cross-party compromise. Next week they will almost surely end his hopes for a bipartisan deal on elections.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he believed all 50 Republicans would oppose Sen. Manchin’s (D-W.Va.) slimmed-down elections compromise, which focuses on expanding early voting and ending partisan gerrymandering in federal elections. And it’s not clear there’s a single Republican vote to even begin debate on the matter, potentially dooming Manchin's proposals before they can even make it into the bill.
              That's ALL 50. He didn't get a single Republican. Not Susie Collins, not Mittens Romney, not even the chick from Alaska. NONE.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Manchin must get off on being Charlie Brown to Turtle Boy's Lucy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...promise-495023

That's ALL 50. He didn't get a single Republican. Not Susie Collins, not Mittens Romney, not even the chick from Alaska. NONE.
                Manchin is the Detroit Lions of Senators...

I am sure he will be "disappointed" though.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Let’s call an ace an ace. This is an effort by the left to create a day out of whole cloth to celebrate identity politics as part of its larger efforts to make 'critical race theory' the reigning ideology of our country. Since I believe in treating everyone equally, regardless of race, and that we should be focused on what unites us rather than our differences, I will vote 'no,' ” Rosendale said ahead of the vote.
                  Republicans are not even hiding it anymore.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Every Republican should just be forced to watch “exterminate all the brutes” on repeat clockwork orange style

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Every Republican should just be forced to watch “exterminate all the brutes” on repeat clockwork orange style
                      They'd beat off to it.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Weird, last September their idol was campaigning on that same topic...
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I totally take my cues about racism in this country from white male Montanans.

Comment

• House votes 268-161 to repeal the Iraq War AUMF. One down, one to go.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Some folks on TV think that Manchin is playing 3 dimensional chess by getting Republicans to come out against Voter ID yesterday. I'll bet it doesn't work.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• At some point even Manchin will realize that the Republicans are not here to govern, right? They're here to throw bombs and to try to get a Republican elected in 2024.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X