Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A turd? Why? Because she has different opinions than you do?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      A turd? Why? Because she has different opinions than you do?
      I should have written it more clearly. At that point in the post I was still referring to Greene. I've clarified it now.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I should have written it more clearly. At that point in the post I was still referring to Greene. I've clarified it now.
        I see.

Personally I am trying to understand how MTG and Ron Johnson actually get elected. I worry that this nation is on it's last legs. The mirror between us and the Romans is becoming clearer and clearer.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Omar has said some pretty outrageously stupid stuff, but at the time her party did to her what the GQP refused to do to MTG and reprimand her. Had the GQP done that - or anything at all - I doubt there would have been anything approaching groundswell to remove CrazyQLady from her committee assignments.

But then again, if your aim is not to govern...
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Johnson may finally be out in ‘22. He hasn’t said if he’s running yet, but even if he does, he’s the only statewide Republican left in Wisconsin, so there’s a good chance he’s gone.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              Omar has said some pretty outrageously stupid stuff
              Src? All I've seen is stuff she's said which eejits have then bent themselves into a pretzel to make sound M E N A C I N G.

The DEEP CONCERNS about Omar I have seen have all been the kind of racist and Islamaphobic crap Jennifer Rubin spews on Bill Maher.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Src? All I've seen is stuff she's said which eejits have then bent themselves into a pretzel to make sound M E N A C I N G.

The DEEP CONCERNS about Omar I have seen have all been the kind of racist and Islamaphobic crap Jennifer Rubin spews on Bill Maher.
                Well, blithely dismissing the 9/11 attacks as "some people did some things" was pretty egregious. Or https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1...rep-ilhan-omar - this insanely disingenuous rant conflating any support for Israel in any capacity with pledging support for a foreign country.

We have a complicated relationship with Israel (who finally just did the right thing, huzzah!), but she is smarter than people give her credit for and she means exactly what she implies. And it isn't just the GQP that feels this way.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/70016...rep-ilhan-omar
                https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/70107...omars-comments

Please note, I'm using her example to say that the Democrats actually did the right thing and reprimanded a member that said stupid things, whereas the GQP steadfastly refuses.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Johnson may finally be out in ‘22. He hasn’t said if he’s running yet, but even if he does, he’s the only statewide Republican left in Wisconsin, so there’s a good chance he’s gone.
                  I’m sure high amounts of voter fraud will ensure he wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I’m sure high amounts of voter fraud will ensure he wins
                    The State Leg can just nullify the election and declare him victor, right? That's gonna be the GOP go to next cycle.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The State Leg can just nullify the election and declare him victor, right? That's gonna be the GOP go to next cycle.
                      That’s exactly what I’m referring to

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                        I understand what you’re saying, and I agree with most of it. I don’t think the Democrats should pull any punches, and I’d like to think I know McConnell’s capabilities as well as anyone on here, considering the mother****er represents me in the Senate. I think some liberal posters’ characterizations of the Democratic Party on here, including yours, are accurate, and McConnell clearly knows it too.
                        That said, I think broadcasting that the GOP was/is too spineless to kick MTG off her committees, on top of being, you know, authoritarian b-tches who no longer care about democracy, would resonate with voters more than the GOP being able to argue that Democrats overreached on MTG.
                        I won’t claim to know what their messaging will be in key swing districts next year, and the MTG issue may not even be an issue next year, much less one the GOP even messages on. From the looks of it at the moment, we’ll be the ones messaging on it. It’s just disappointing that a woman of color, who honestly gets treated like sh-t half the time by her own party, could alone suffer the consequences for the MTG episode. I guess we’ll see, but you’re right, the GOP holding the House come January 2023 means this issue will be the least of our concerns.
                        You trust the voters...especially the average "Barely Informed Outside What They See in 3 Minute Segments" voters way more than I do. If that was all it took the Dems would never lose. GOP branding (pun somewhat intended) Trumps the Dems showing the truth every day and in almost every election. I mean you yourself said you think the House is lost...this despite the fact that the entire country watched on live TV as the Trumpers (fueled by almost the entire GOP) tried to overthrow the election AND STILL ARE! They watched as the GOP in the Senate stopped an investigation into it, have gummed up the works on Voters Rights, Infrastructure and pretty much everything else even the voters want and it likely won't change what is coming.

Outside of the Faux crowd the voters know the truth...but the problem is they more resemble Drew than any of us. They might hate everything the GOP stands for but won't vote against them because its only the OTHER GOPers who suck, mine really cares and does the right thing! Plus they follow the people who actually seem to do something, not the ones who promise the world then when they lose because they aren't willing to bleed for it just throw up their hands like an 8 year old and say "but it isn't my fault THEY ARE BEING MEANIES!!1!1".

Look if I didn't believe that everything was on the line I would say 99% of what you said. That has been my mantra since I started voting. This is different, this is not some weird hypothetical about how if we elect Romney we will slippery slope in oblivion. Despite what certain posters around here think the enemy is at the gates and Democracy is pretty much on trial. Every centimeter we give they take a mile and it has been that way my whole friggin life. That is why voters never really trust the Dems and are so easy to vote them out. It is time to put up or shut up because if our pessimism is correct then there is real trouble coming. (even my optimist dad is saying it now which scares the Bejesus out of me!)

It is time for the Dems to stop acting like Dems and finally bring a gun to the gun fight. If the other team is taking cheap shots then fight ****ing back already. Let Kevin McCarthy threaten to throw Omar off the Foreign Relations committee if he does she will be replaced. (not a dig on her I vote for her!) Stop worrying about what might happen in 18 months that is not in our control right now. If they regain power there is about seven million worse things they will do worse than that anyways.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-16-2021, 11:15 AM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Stop it. I am a (((Liberal))) who votes for her and she absolutely says things that are problematic and outrageous. Now, some of them can be contributed to her not thinking before she speaks like "Its All About The Benjamins" when discussing Pro Jewish Lobbies but there are others. I don't think she is inherently Anti-Semitic (or I wouldn't vote for her) but I think things she says are not the type of things a sitting Congresswoman, one who faces plenty of Islamophobia, should be saying. Outside of her fellow Skwaders the rest of the Liberals took issue with what she said as well...are they all eejits? Hell around here trixie was the only one who never thought she said anything stupid...the Defense rests ;^)

That was why people thought she was vulnerable last cycle. She survived the primary (because her opponent was a nobody who was way too centrist for the area) so she was a lock at that point but if a serious liberal challenger shows up she will need to continue her tempering. She won't need to do much, and she is better now than she was 2 years ago (another reason I support her, she learns from mistakes!) but she will need to play the game a bit better. I think she will...

(BTW in case you want to claim bias Non-Jew Liberals in her district say exactly what I do)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Stop it. I am a (((Liberal))) who votes for her and she absolutely says things that are problematic and outrageous.
                            I won't stop it if you can't provide full quotes in context.

What I have seen of the criticism of her is twaddle. A ((("Liberal"))) can be full of twaddle too (though I would describe you as a Centrist or, in a sane non-Nazi Right world, as a Center-Right Moderate).
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Will the Dems ever wake the **** up and realize none of the Republicans want to work with them on anything. Go it alone, or go home.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...JnLFn6o0fv6Zgs

"Mitch McConnell's come under a lot of criticism for saying, at one point, he wanted to make sure that Barack Obama was a 'one-term president,'" Barrasso said last Thursday at an event hosted by the Ripon Society, a centrist Republican think tank, which posted the remarks Tuesday. "I want to make Joe Biden a one-half-term president."

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Will the Dems ever wake the **** up and realize none of the Republicans want to work with them on anything. Go it alone, or go home.
                                I believe Biden had already learned the lesson it took Obama 2 years to learn, or at least Biden is not hampered by being Jackie.

Manchin is obviously not sincere, he's just playing political games. Sinema is following in McCain's footsteps just using the office for her own eccentric personal brand with zero ****s to give about the country.

Is there any other Democrat in America who has not realized the Republicans are Nazis whose only goal is power for its own sake? Maybe some hayseed Rep in a red state desperate to hold their seat. And I'm sure there are some 80-year old pundits who are too senile to realize it's not the Party of Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan anymore, Tweety.

But every Dem under 50 knows the GOP is the Klan with Russian funding.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X