Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Well DUH. Set fire to all this crap and just ram stuff through

“Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell signaled Monday that Republicans, if they win back control of the chamber, wouldn't advance a Supreme Court nominee if a vacancy occurred in 2024, the year of the next presidential election.”
    It is staggering how much you are able to do in Congress when governing is not the goal.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Anyone want to take a bet on whether they’d advance one in 2023? Anyone?
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Anyone want to take a bet on whether they’d advance one in 2023? Anyone?
        He said no today because he was asked.

also Bernie won’t support infrastructure bill so they need 11 Rs lol

Comment

• The Senate has unanimously passed a bill to establish Juneteenth as a federal holiday. The House is the next stop.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• 21 house Rs voted against medals for capital police officers.

blue lives matter?
            All lives matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Well DUH. Set fire to all this crap and just ram stuff through

“Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell signaled Monday that Republicans, if they win back control of the chamber, wouldn't advance a Supreme Court nominee if a vacancy occurred in 2024, the year of the next presidential election.”
              He literally did just that in 2016. Why is this news?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

He literally did just that in 2016. Why is this news?
                He’s enjoying people telling manchin he’s playing into his hands

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  The Senate has unanimously passed a bill to establish Juneteenth as a federal holiday. The House is the next stop.
                  Juneteenth should be Election Day.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Apparently McCarthy is telling Pelosi to strip Omar of her House Foreign Affairs committee assignment, or he’ll do it if (once, in my opinion) Republicans retake the chamber come January. Not that Omar has done anything remotely similar to MTG, but I remember this is one of those few times I agreed with SJHovey on something: stripping MTG of her committee assignments was a stupid idea. And no, I don’t think McCarthy would have stripped Omar anyways, had we not struck first. Strike first on the important sh-t. Anyways, since Pelosi won’t do anything of the sort, it’ll be interesting to see if Kevin and Pals act on the threat.

Comment

• If they win back the House Omar being taken off of committees is the least of our worries so I guess I just don't agree. The Dems can't make their decisions based on fear of what the GOP will do in retaliation...otherwise what is the friggin point? Everything the Dems do the GOP will counter no matter what it is so either sack up or quit. If you can't throw someone off the committees she was on for the things she did then you can't throw them off for anything.

The Neville Chamberlain approach already failed once with the Nazis (literally) and too many people, many in power, have no problems purposefully making the same mistakes. Either the rules matter or they don't. Either actions matter or they don't. Either you stand for something or you don't. If the Dems only worry about what the GOP will do in response to everything they say and do they already lost and the country is doomed.

Do you think McConnell spent all those years as Majority Leader worried about what the Dems would do when they gained back the Senate in response to everything he pulled? Of course not...part of that is because he knows the Dems don't have the stones to ever do what is needed but the other part is he does what he wants to do screw the consequences. Hell he knows just threatening things now will scare enough of them away to pass what needs passing.

I would rather go down swinging. Pussyfooting around so as not to upset the delicate nature of ****wits like Kevin McCarthy is a recipe for disaster. The Dems should tell him to get bent and to worry about his own people. Show a spine for once in your ****ing existence. That is their only chance to save the House anyways.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I understand what you’re saying, and I agree with most of it. I don’t think the Democrats should pull any punches, and I’d like to think I know McConnell’s capabilities as well as anyone on here, considering the mother****er represents me in the Senate. I think some liberal posters’ characterizations of the Democratic Party on here, including yours, are accurate, and McConnell clearly knows it too.
                        That said, I think broadcasting that the GOP was/is too spineless to kick MTG off her committees, on top of being, you know, authoritarian b-tches who no longer care about democracy, would resonate with voters more than the GOP being able to argue that Democrats overreached on MTG.
                        I won’t claim to know what their messaging will be in key swing districts next year, and the MTG issue may not even be an issue next year, much less one the GOP even messages on. From the looks of it at the moment, we’ll be the ones messaging on it. It’s just disappointing that a woman of color, who honestly gets treated like sh-t half the time by her own party, could alone suffer the consequences for the MTG episode. I guess we’ll see, but you’re right, the GOP holding the House come January 2023 means this issue will be the least of our concerns.
                        Last edited by psych; 06-16-2021, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• We can add Warren, Markey, Merkley, Gillibrand to the list of Senators who are currently a "no" on the "bi"partisan infrastructure bill, along with Jayapal in the House.

Comment

• Never, ever listen to a damn thing Chip Roy says, just pay attention to how he votes. Flaming piece of sh*t, that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              The Senate has unanimously passed a bill to establish Juneteenth as a federal holiday. The House is the next stop.
                              Good.

Now, move the Columbus Day holiday to Election Day, eliminate Daylight Saving (or make it permanent, but pick one), and eliminate the Chicken Tax.

I am not a crackpot.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                If they win back the House Omar being taken off of committees is the least of our worries so I guess I just don't agree. The Dems can't make their decisions based on fear of what the GOP will do in retaliation...otherwise what is the friggin point? Everything the Dems do the GOP will counter no matter what it is so either sack up or quit. If you can't throw someone off the committees she was on for the things she did then you can't throw them off for anything.

The Neville Chamberlain approach already failed once with the Nazis (literally) and too many people, many in power, have no problems purposefully making the same mistakes. Either the rules matter or they don't. Either actions matter or they don't. Either you stand for something or you don't. If the Dems only worry about what the GOP will do in response to everything they say and do they already lost and the country is doomed.

Do you think McConnell spent all those years as Majority Leader worried about what the Dems would do when they gained back the Senate in response to everything he pulled? Of course not...part of that is because he knows the Dems don't have the stones to ever do what is needed but the other part is he does what he wants to do screw the consequences. Hell he knows just threatening things now will scare enough of them away to pass what needs passing.

I would rather go down swinging. Pussyfooting around so as not to upset the delicate nature of ****wits like Kevin McCarthy is a recipe for disaster. The Dems should tell him to get bent and to worry about his own people. Show a spine for once in your ****ing existence. That is their only chance to save the House anyways.
                                The whole thing is silly. I don't remember writing that it was "stupid" but I'm not going to second guess psych on it. It's certainly a questionable maneuver, and here's why.

First, what did you gain from booting MTG? Did you shut her up? Did she get removed from office? Did she become more sane? I don't think we could answer "yes" to any of those questions.

She is a turd. She was a turd before she got elected, and she still got elected. Maybe you have somehow damaged her re-election chances, but you may have done the contrary and made her a martyr in her own district (I don't really know her district).

She had literally no power other than the power to vote as a committee participant. If you're going to throw someone off a committee, throw off a senior member who has real power or pull within the party.

Second, I love it when a bat**** crazy liberal represents a district or state, and everyone knows they are crazy or extreme, so long as they aren't representing me. Those people are completely ineffective.

I would much rather have the most extreme liberal on the planet in Congress, if everyone knows they are crazy, than have someone less liberal but actually smart and effective.

I would love to see Omar represent that district for another 10 years. She ****es off as many people in her own party as she does in the R's.
                                Last edited by SJHovey; 06-16-2021, 09:01 AM.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X