Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    History will not be kind to Manchin...the problem is by then it will be way too late.

You gotta love the stupidity of it all though. GOP uses partisan means to screw people out of their right to vote. Dems try and fight it and are blocked by a member of their own caucus because he thinks it needs these decisions to be bipartisan meaning they need support of the people who they are fighting. That would be like cops not arresting a criminal because his fellow criminals think that the arrest is biased against all criminals.

There is no way this doesn't go badly and if the House flips in 2022 because of all this then it might be all over but the shouting. If the GOP controls the House for the 2024 Presidential then the system will not hold when they challenge the EC if Biden wins. And no matter what Sicatoka and SJHovey say they will do it and they will overturn the results. If they had controlled the House in 2020 Trump would still be President...
    Yeah joe can DIAF.

im working on switching careers to a degree ans im certainly setting things up to hopefully have opportunity to move to a country with a better standard of living and who doesn’t enable authoritarians. Because this country is letting it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah joe can DIAF.

im working on switching careers to a degree ans im certainly setting things up to hopefully have opportunity to move to a country with a better standard of living and who doesn’t enable authoritarians. Because this country is letting it happen.
      Yeah...there are places I have looked into as well. Not doing it yet but the GF would rather live abroad anyways so if things go sideways we are prepared.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Lol, this post shows one of the Dems biggest issues. Just because you’re not far left on an issue doesn’t mean your far right. It seems like that nuance is lost on you and a lot of
        others.
        We no longer live in an era of nuance, we live in interesting times. Sorry if that offends you. Furthermore, there are some topics on which there can and should be no nuance - namely voting rights, LGBT rights, and women's rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

We no longer live in an era of nuance, we live in interesting times. Sorry if that offends you. Furthermore, there are some topics on which there can and should be no nuance - namely voting rights, LGBT rights, and women's rights.
          I couldn’t disagree anymore strongly with your post. Not that I don’t support the two things you mention but for me the important thing right now is keeping the republicans out of power. There can be no sacred cows.

I dont mean this in a nasty way but do you not think there is a strong threat of us losing democracy right now? Once the horse is out of the barn there is not much we can do either.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I’m shocked a white dude thinks everyone else’s rights are negotiable

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

His constituents won’t care if voting rights are decimated and Dems never hold another office again
              IMO they don't hold it now. What good is Manchin if he does nothing to help his own party?
              The ****er should just switch parties and be done with it.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I couldn’t disagree anymore strongly with your post. Not that I don’t support the two things you mention but for me the important thing right now is keeping the republicans out of power. There can be no sacred cows.

I dont mean this in a nasty way but do you not think there is a strong threat of us losing democracy right now? Once the horse is out of the barn there is not much we can do either.
                Do terrorists often compromise? Your thought here would make sense if the other side Were not terrorists

Let’s bend on guns, gays, healthcare, the environment- and the Rs will just push further and further right the first chance they get and not a single one of those bottom feeding scumbags will care about a single bipartisan vote- not even that dry bish you worship

if you really wanted to preserve democracy then why the crying about out of state donations for senate? It should be whatever it takes right? You realize that kind of thing may be necessary? Or is it only a bad thing when it’s Maine and Susan?
                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-06-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

IMO they don't hold it now. What good is Manchin if he does nothing to help his own party?
                  The ****er should just switch parties and be done with it.
                  Senate Majority Leader Schumer is infinitely better than Senate Majority Leader McConnell. That's what good he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Senate Majority Leader Schumer is infinitely better than Senate Majority Leader McConnell. That's what good he is.
                    And some people say nuance is dead
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...26817921290240

Mo Brooks...smart enough for Alabamans to elect him to Congress but too stupid to not take a picture of his computer that includes his passwords for everyone to see.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Do you ever think we’ll forget you voted for Susan Collins? And you have the audacity to claim you are about keeping Republicans out of power? And then questioning the rest of us about saving democracy? Shut the **** up, seriously. No one believes your stupid shtick you have going. Saying “we” like you’re a Democrat, lol.
                        Last edited by psych; 06-07-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Do you ever think we’ll forget you voted for Susan Collins? And you have the audacity to claim you are about keeping Republicans out of power? And then questioning the rest of us about saving democracy? Shut the **** up, seriously. No one believes your stupid shtick you have going. Saying “we” like you’re a Democrat, lol.
                          Susan Collins is part of the solution not part of the problem. She should leave the Republican Party at this point.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Okay Drew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-em...=ComedyCentral
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Susan Collins is part of the solution not part of the problem. She should leave the Republican Party at this point.
                              Seek help.

Comment

No sacred cows, except Susan Collins, who clearly has no intention of leaving the GOP. Why would she? People like you vote for her anyways. Voting for her and telling her “We really wish you’d be a Democrat!” is like handing an alcoholic a beer and saying “Christ, I wish you’d stay sober!”

Comment

Working...
                                X