Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And as I said before, just because she's bisexual doesn't mean we all like her.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      She campaigned as a moderate Dem in a purple state. Since the election, she's revealed herself to be more of a Country Club Republican. She's better than McSally in the sense that she doesn't gargle Trump's balls and/or openly support fascism, but that's a pretty low bar.
      You can't completely ignore getting the SML and committee chairs. That is far from everything, but it is something. I'm not saying we crown her, but don't ignore it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

She campaigned as a moderate Dem in a purple state. Since the election, she's revealed herself to be more of a Country Club Republican. She's better than McSally in the sense that she doesn't gargle Trump's balls and/or openly support fascism, but that's a pretty low bar.
        The thing is, she started out in politics in the Green Party working with Nader's campaign and originally started running with Green Party affiliation. That was 20 years ago, and views change, but how many Dems have gotten more conservative during that period? Can't imagine the list is very long.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethCotla...77910777917444

Of course the "Anarchist" symbol was made incorrectly. Unless The Avengers are now a bunch of ANTIFA Anarchists!

People keep mentioning she has a Ring style doorbell...man that footage could be hilarious!

edit: She also has home security...so she pays for security service, has a Ring that shows the area that was "tagged" but she goes to Twitter to whine instead of taking the footage to the cops and getting security to deal with it?

Apparently she did this before as well...

note: The cops were called, but the Ring footage has not been released. And of course, if she is telling the truth I will mea culpa.
          Update: She says her Ring didn't get any footage of what happened.

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status...90303644372995

My Ring goes off every time someone sneezes in it's view or if a spider is within a mile of it but hers doesn't catch a bunch of vandals and thugs tagging her house within full view of it?

edit: Man the spelling in that statement is...interesting.
          Last edited by Handyman; 06-04-2021, 03:21 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Update: She says her Ring didn't get any footage of what happened.

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status...90303644372995

My Ring goes off every time someone sneezes in it's view or if a spider is within a mile of it but hers doesn't catch a bunch of vandals and thugs tagging her house within full view of it?

edit: Man the spelling in that statement is...interesting.
            They cased the place so they could spraypaint the sidewalk? Makes sense.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I don't like Sinema but she's not even in the same universe as McSally.

Sinema is basically Terry McAuliffe. Very disappointing, but in a state that used to be reliably red we can't quite yet make the perfect the enemy of the good.

The broad base of the Democratic party is slowly changing from the unprincipled Clintonista triangulators of the last 30 years to principled, young, aggressive, confident liberals like AOC. We can't demonize the old guard -- they are part of our power base. We have to ease them onto the ice floe gently and not lose any of the heft they still have. They still control a ton of money and influence, and they are the difference in places like AZ.

We will get there. It took 2 generations for the limousine liberals to capture the Democratic party, and it will take 2 generations for us to revive it as a true egalitarian party. We have to be slow and steady. We have time on our side -- they are literally dying off. And we want to be around to inherit all the money and power. Give them their big, stupid monuments and don't mention how their cowardice consigned the poor to fifty years of misery. They're too selfish and disconnected from reality to ever acknowledge it.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Do it, chuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinMKru...42547887853572

Comment

• So, looks like Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough has come back and said while Democrats are allowed to revise a budget resolution multiple times throughout the year, which created an opportunity for Democrats to pass two more budget reconciliation bills this year, they would need at least one GOP Senator in the Senate Budget Committee to vote to move the bill to the floor, since MacDonough just clarified on the rule that the resolution can’t automatically be discharged to the floor. That effectively means Democrats get one more reconciliation opportunity this year- assuming Manchin and Sinema let them take it.

Edit: This arises only out of the fact that committees in the Senate are equally Dem/GOP, due to the chamber being split 50-50. If Democrats had controlled the Senate 51-49, this wouldn’t have been an issue.
                  Last edited by psych; 06-05-2021, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Does Ring still have that "cool down timer" problem where once the ring is triggered, sends notification, and records its minute long video, it takes a couple minutes before it will trigger again?

That was one of the reasons I preferred Nest because Nest has 24/7 recording, so there were no gaps in video alerts. Nest sometimes has delayed notifications, but it records everything.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So this is normal talk from an ex-President, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...h-biden-2021-6

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Does Ring still have that "cool down timer" problem where once the ring is triggered, sends notification, and records its minute long video, it takes a couple minutes before it will trigger again?

That was one of the reasons I preferred Nest because Nest has 24/7 recording, so there were no gaps in video alerts. Nest sometimes has delayed notifications, but it records everything.

No idea I have never used that feature. I like my Ring but it definitely has its weird peccadillos.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          So this is normal talk from an ex-President, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...h-biden-2021-6
                          Well, I learned something new. You don’t have to be in Congress to be Speaker. Technically anyone can be.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Yeah I found that out a few weeks ago when reading a book on the Constitution. Weird...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Can you imagine of those constitutional loving GOP members in the '90s had actually read the constitution and knew that? Rush Limbaugh, Speaker of the House?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• A mostly Hispanic city in Texas elected a Republican mayor today after previously having a Democrat. A concerning sign for the midterms.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X