Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I know of a Black Gay Man who is a full on Trump lover. He is good friends with one of my closest friends. Some people you just can't reach...
    Daughter's FIL is gay and a dumper.

Montgomery AL, though, so . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Other than democracy itself, it's the hill worth dying on.

Women without choice are slaves.
      My father, one of those USA Optimists who think that in the end the right side always wins flat out told me that if the Supremes burn abortion rights (something he said would never happen for various reasons) then there is no going back everything is on the table and the system is completely borked. Again, he is not cynical he believes 100% in the USA warts and all...but one of the "facts" we all kind of knew was certain things will never be touched because they are too valuable. (guns, abortion, Social Security...etc) The Right makes more on the idea of fixing those issues than they do destroying them. That was always the check...if they are willing to sidestep that now then nothing is sacred anymore. It is no longer a threat or a slippery slope, it is bellweather moment in history.

For the record though he is going to die on the hill saying that they will not do it even if they want to. He has faith in Gorsuch and Roberts to find a reason to not do it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Roberts is a Catholic, but Gorsuch apparently attended some liberal-ish Episcopal church in Colorado. So we're relying on Roberts' corporate masters to overrule his religious beliefs (or maybe he's a lapsed or "Cafeteria" Catholic) and hoping Gorsuch's LGBT ruling is a sign that he's following Souter's arc of pi55ing off the social conservatives he was supposed to be ruling in favor of.

We'll see.

Comment

• Say their names joe

https://mobile.twitter.com/briantyle...32545009627139

Comment

• Rep Nancy Mace, the one who started a fight with AOC after 1/6 and was made to look the fool went to Twitter to talk about how her home was vandalized by ANTIFA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NancyMace...95342635991042

If you scroll to the comments you will see that many of the commenters destroy her story. One even points out that the handwriting of the paint matches her handwriting! Also it gets pointed out a lot that outside of a few random comments (and one telling her to pass legislation...cause terrorists do stuff like that) there is no real damage done, the ground is trampled, the bike in the yard isnt disturbed...and even the spray paint itself is pretty harmless and not damaging. Needless to say no is buying her story...

Now if it did happen then those people are morons and I hope they get caught...but seeing as this same Rep lied and threw AOC under a bus trying to make a name for herself and since we have seen this tactic before from others (Josh Hawley still has PTSD when he sees people standing on a sidewalk I bet!!!) this doesn't pass the smell test. This is like the dude who burned down his garage and put up a bunch of Faux News buzzwords hoping to become famous.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I saw them in the driveway and they were making Antifa symbols and one of the symbols looked at me.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Wow Nancy is one dumb bish

https://mobile.twitter.com/bessbell/...24925800636416

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/SethCotla...77910777917444

And also, the slogan is "All Cops are ********," not "All Politicians are ********." That's like, not even a thing. And also, an odd thing for people to graffiti at the same time they call for, um, politicians to pass a piece of legislation written by.....politicians.
                  Of course the "Anarchist" symbol was made incorrectly. Unless The Avengers are now a bunch of ANTIFA Anarchists!

People keep mentioning she has a Ring style doorbell...man that footage could be hilarious!

edit: She also has home security...so she pays for security service, has a Ring that shows the area that was "tagged" but she goes to Twitter to whine instead of taking the footage to the cops and getting security to deal with it?

Apparently she did this before as well...

note: The cops were called, but the Ring footage has not been released. And of course, if she is telling the truth I will mea culpa.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 06-02-2021, 02:32 AM.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Captain America was a well known anti-fascist.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Rep Nancy Mace, the one who started a fight with AOC after 1/6 and was made to look the fool went to Twitter to talk about how her home was vandalized by ANTIFA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NancyMace...95342635991042

If you scroll to the comments you will see that many of the commenters destroy her story. One even points out that the handwriting of the paint matches her handwriting! Also it gets pointed out a lot that outside of a few random comments (and one telling her to pass legislation...cause terrorists do stuff like that) there is no real damage done, the ground is trampled, the bike in the yard isnt disturbed...and even the spray paint itself is pretty harmless and not damaging. Needless to say no is buying her story...

Now if it did happen then those people are morons and I hope they get caught...but seeing as this same Rep lied and threw AOC under a bus trying to make a name for herself and since we have seen this tactic before from others (Josh Hawley still has PTSD when he sees people standing on a sidewalk I bet!!!) this doesn't pass the smell test. This is like the dude who burned down his garage and put up a bunch of Faux News buzzwords hoping to become famous.
                      Might have been methheads.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• These ****ing people
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Looks like voters overwhelmingly elected Democrat Melanie Stansbury, to Secretary of the Interior Haaland’s old seat, the New Mexico 1st District. Looks like a 25-point win in a D +9 district, one Biden won by 23, I think. Too lazy to verify my numbers. Either way, a nice win after getting shut out in Texas’ special district last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                            Looks like voters overwhelmingly elected Democrat Melanie Stansbury, to Secretary of the Interior Haaland’s old seat, the New Mexico 1st District. Looks like a 25-point win in a D +9 district, one Biden won by 23, I think. Too lazy to verify my numbers. Either way, a nice win after getting shut out in Texas’ special district last month.
                            Yeah that is a nice win. They need as many seats as possible so every hold counts!

Drew,

If it was Meth Heads she would have shot them ;^)
                            Last edited by Handyman; 06-02-2021, 10:21 AM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                              Looks like voters overwhelmingly elected Democrat Melanie Stansbury, to Secretary of the Interior Haaland’s old seat, the New Mexico 1st District. Looks like a 25-point win in a D +9 district, one Biden won by 23, I think. Too lazy to verify my numbers. Either way, a nice win after getting shut out in Texas’ special district last month.
                              Texas is a gerrymandered mess. Can't use it as much of a barometer for anything since it's not representative. And from my five minute google, it looks like there was never a reasonable chance of victory anyways.

I think you have it right though about measuring against the 2020 and 2018 elections. Good sign there.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Texas is a gerrymandered mess. Can't use it as much of a barometer for anything since it's not representative. And from my five minute google, it looks like there was never a reasonable chance of victory anyways.

I think you have it right though about measuring against the 2020 and 2018 elections. Good sign there.
                                It is a gerrymandered mess, but Biden only lost that current district’s iteration by 3 points. The supposed rationale for Democrats not trying as hard there is the lines will get redrawn to make it redder anyways come redistricting, but I think that’s weak as ****. Give yourself a ****ing chance to win while you can. Not to mention the momentum boost that may have provided Democrats, despite, like you said, special elections almost never being a good barometer for general elections.

Comment

Working...
                                X