Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Especially because Dump shows no sign of crashing and burning. I mean, really. All that talk about him being prosecuted in New York...apparently never going to happen.
    If they are going after Rudy (which they are) then it is far from over. People just don't seem to get how slow plotting even slam dunk cases are when it comes to stuff like this.

Plus, from the sounds of it, Trump's new social media dealio (or blog or whatever the heck he set up) is not exactly lighting the world on fire. Trumpism is still alive and well but it seems a lot of his followers would rather someone else carry the flag because he is such a lightning rod.

As for Kinzinger, he is GOP because of "The God". He will never willingly leave the party because they align with most of what he supports which is why I might respect him as a person but would never vote for him if I lived in his district. The problem is he is also young enough to think for himself and he is a soldier who knows that his party is responsible for an attempted overthrow of Congress and the Government. (whether they wanted that to happen or not) He was definitely triggered by what he saw that day going on TV live during it and tearing Trump and his people to shreds.

He could probably keep his seat if he went "I" but he would have zero real future and would still caucus with the GOP but get none of the benefits. He would never join the Dems because of his faith and his beliefs on taxes and such. He voted for repealing ObamaCare and is against almost all of the Democratic Agenda. You can guess where he falls on social issues when God is part of the issue. So unless he wants to disavow everything he believes in he either stays in the GOP or quits and does something else.

Cheney is DOA. She already lost a senate race when she was actually liked more (and threw her Lesbian Sister's marriage under a bus!) so this is all she has. She needs a party split to save her now, which she knows, which is why she is basically gonna salt the Earth. Kinzinger is young enough to wait all this crap out and has the pedigree to survive the Trump Era if it truly peters out. He would also benefit from a war inside the Party because in the short term they get railed for a while but in 2028/32 he runs under a "Bring Back the Real GOP" mantra and appeals to the middle on "Return to Sanity" with tons of soundbytes and stories ready to go. He is making the right calculation.

The GOP capitulating like they have is the worst thing to happen to this country and to Democracy. It is one thing to have a Party that is in opposition based on conservative views. The debate between conservative and liberal is needed to have a functioning society. But when the choices are Democracy vs. Authoritarianism that is a dangerous game to play and almost never turns out well in the short term. The fact that in Wyoming Cheney is supported less than Trump is proof this whole thing can still go sideways. The more she and the Kinzingers of the Party fight, the better off we all are. The Enemy of My Enemy...

Just my $.02.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Does sinema have advisers? Does she want to be re elected?

https://mobile.twitter.com/seungmink...42008987684864
      She tipped her hand with that stupid ring she wears...

I don't know what math she is looking at if she wants to stay in the Senate. The Liberals hate her and the Right won't vote for her if she switches parties. (she would be the LGBTQ Tim Scott!) Is she assuming she will get the autovote because she hasn't been around long enough for that to work. I can't imagine anyone has a high opinion of her these days she looks way out of her element. I might dislike Manchin but he at least is doing what his State wants. No one in Arizona seems pleased with Sinema while they love Kelly. Her only shot is if McSally runs again or Doucey runs. (things change obviously)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Her only shot is if McSally runs again or Doucey runs. (things change obviously)
        That won't get her through a primary. Her only shot is if she can raise so much money from corporate scum that nobody primaries her and then McSally runs against her. She might even lose to Ducey.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That won't get her through a primary. Her only shot is if she can raise so much money from corporate scum that nobody primaries her and then McSally runs against her. She might even lose to Ducey.
          Good God she would better off quitting. If she is less popular than Doucey failure is too nice a word for her. Doucey is hated by the Libs and the Qucumbers I am not even sure what else there is down there. ;^)

There are people in the senate none of us have ever heard of that have been there for decades. She would have been better off taking that road. As it is she looks like the coach your team hires hoping to find lightning in a bottle who is so in over his head even at his best he is alienating his players and fans. She might as well go coach the NY Jets cause she would fit right in!
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Good God she would better off quitting. If she is less popular than Doucey failure is too nice a word for her. Doucey is hated by the Libs and the Qucumbers I am not even sure what else there is down there. ;^)
            Navajo
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Cruz such a big man scrolling on his phone as Amy klobuchar speaks.

hard to believe that’s the guy who didn’t stand up for his wife either

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                There are all kinds of rumors that the NRCC is hiding poor internal polling numbers, and it actually makes tactical sense - if you are aware of that and it's accurate - to position yourself as the person saying "see? I told you so" if the midterms don't turn into the usual "1st midterm of a new President" wave.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/liz-c...b05fb33f4da4e7
                At this point you have to wonder if Trump has dirt on the orcs for so many to refuse to let him go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

At this point you have to wonder if Trump has dirt on the orcs for so many to refuse to let him go.
                  Nah they don't care about dirt...he has access to lots of money. McCarthy kissed the ring (and changed his tune about 1/6) to get his hands on Trump's donor list...which he never got. Now he is pot committed he and the party either full on support him or risk civil war.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Cruz such a big man scrolling on his phone as Amy klobuchar speaks.

hard to believe that’s the guy who didn’t stand up for his wife either
                    This was supposed to be the Republicans' mental genius and debate Olympian.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Maybe he could have been. But once in office, he got fat and lazy, and is now just coasting on the grift like the rest of them.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

That's the thing that 2016 uncorked - for all your debating ability and history, when a bulldozer like Trump comes in you lose. Ted Cruz is a world class traditional debater. He's supremely talented at the act of debating. And trump ran him over, barely noticing.

That traditional style doesn't play against people like Trump. To me, there are two ways to "defeat" a BS artist as good as Trump is:
                        1. Be a bigger bulldozer
                        2. Have oceans of charisma, patiently wait out one of Trumps idiot tirades, and respond with a yawn and "oh, you're done now?" dismissal

On option 1, no one fits that bill. Maybe Mooch? I don't know.

On option 2, Hillary tried it but she possesses negative charisma and it just looked phony. Obama had it. Biden has it (remember the "my god man, do you ever shut up" line?).

Ted Cruz and others tried debating Donald Trump and they looked ridiculous because Donald Trump doesn't debate.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Remember when Rubio tried to make a dick joke?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Biden has it (remember the "my god man, do you ever shut up" line?).
                            Biden ended Dump with "C'mon, man."

That was enough. The fat shlub has never climbed out of that crater and never will. It was his "have you no sense of decency?"
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Remember when Rubio tried to make a dick joke?
                              I... uh... don't.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Rubio is a dick joke.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X