Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm sure black people will be extremely interested in your rank ordering of their concerns.

This is why flyovers get a bad name, man. We get it, you don't know you're whitesplaining; you aren't Sic, you don't mean to be a dick.

But as a friend, that's just embarrassing bro.
    Considering I teach POC quite regularly...I would bet they care about my opinion way more than they care about yours. But I would bet they don't give a crap what either of us think. Best part, I never even said if I would teach it or not...not that you ever let stuff like actual statements get in the way of your bizarre takes when you are on a roll. I used to be a licensed Social Studies Teacher who worked at an inner city school where the majority was POC. I am sure that isn't relevant though...I have literally written entire curriculums from varied perspectives because I honestly have always hated the "White" Perspective. (I have written lesson plans based on Zinn and stuff like Lies My Teacher Told Me) In the middle of a Civil War Unit I take a week out to teach about the Sioux War because no one ever taught me about how the Union went to war with the tribes and I think that is a ****ing travesty. This stuff is my jam.

I posted two sentences one of which was me saying "this isn't a hill to die on". How and the actual **** is that "White Splaining"? I said it is not something to go to war over. (Voting Rights is something to go to war over right now) I am not exactly sure how that is a controversial take in any way...but sure I guess I apologize to all of the POC who I offended by saying that. Not sure who that would be (none of my students I am guessing) but I sincerely hope that my telling the Dems to not spend a ton of political capital on one curriculum didn't somehow ruin your day. Please excuse my Toxic Midwestern Whiteness...

See that is the problem with Nosebleeds such as yourself. You could have just asked "is there a reason you think that? What do you think of the curriculum itself?" but that just isn't your style. You just assume, wrongly I might add, that you know what I mean based on 30 words that said almost nothing about whatever you ranted about. You think you are being like smart and heroic by attacking me for "White Splaining" when I am not even sure if you know what that means. Here let me help you out:

"Whitesplaining is the act of a white person explaining topics to people of color, often in an obliviously condescending manner, and especially regarding race- or injustice-related issues."
    I literally did not do any of that. You aren't Black I am guessing and neither is Scooby. I wasn't being condescending in any way I was speaking on a purely political level. (I said Dems for a reason) I don't have any issue with the districts teaching 1619 or not, or that Biden plans to give out grants for it. Whatever helps fund education is great and whatever shifts the focus to add new perspectives is amazing and will only help education. I just think Mitch is trolling for headlines so he can play the racism card. I am telling the Dems not to fall for the trap. I am a White Man speaking to mostly White Congresspeople about a fight not to have with other White Congresspeople. I am not telling them to denounce 1619, or to tell Biden to not reward teachers that use it I am just saying there are tons of ways to teach the Black Perspective, 99% of them Turtleboy has never heard of. 1619 isn't some Unicorn that we need to charge the hill for. Let him yell at clouds we can get the job done any number of ways. We can win without giving him any satisfaction.

For the record, if I was still a Social Studies teacher I would probably not fully adopt the 1619 but I would use quite a bit of it. I would also use some Zin, some Native American sources I have and I would try and add in a lot of Asian perspective because that is severely lacking. (this on top of what is required) I prefer melding to swapping. My hope is always that everyone in my classes feels they are represented in some way by the curriculum. If that makes me some Racist White Splaining Flyover Fool then guilty as charged. Sounds about as silly as when trixie called me a Warmongering Conservadem because I said Klobuchar is a good Senator (or when he said I support Netanyahu and his Apartheid despite my hating literally every policy he has and supporting a free Palestine) or when Old Pio called me a Nazi but hey...we all have our labels :^)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I wouldn’t die on a hill for 1619 either- not when we have voter suppression and stagnant wages and mass daily shootings.

diesnt mean it’s not important, but I’m not sure it’s first fire I’d put out

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I wouldn’t die on a hill for 1619 either- not when we have voter suppression and stagnant wages and mass daily shootings.

diesnt mean it’s not important, but I’m not sure it’s first fire I’d put out
        Dont you White Splain to Kepler!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The point is middle aged midwest wonderbread will never set the American social agenda again, thank ****ing Christ. That ship sailed, burned, and sank. You and I are both utterly irrelevant to the debate over 1619. I can live with that without posting pages of mewling butthurt.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Guess who’s for progress but only in the way it’ll never happen?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...841376256?s=21
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Well take the right opinion, reverse it, make it sound stupid and you have Joey Man-Chin ;^)

(to be fair according to some like Bassale DC Statehood is a weird setup anyways)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Rumors on Twitter that more about Gaetz might come out soon...
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Considering I teach POC quite regularly...I would bet they care about my opinion way more than they care about yours. But I would bet they don't give a crap what either of us think. Best part, I never even said if I would teach it or not...not that you ever let stuff like actual statements get in the way of your bizarre takes when you are on a roll. I used to be a licensed Social Studies Teacher who worked at an inner city school where the majority was POC. I am sure that isn't relevant though...I have literally written entire curriculums from varied perspectives because I honestly have always hated the "White" Perspective. (I have written lesson plans based on Zinn and stuff like Lies My Teacher Told Me) In the middle of a Civil War Unit I take a week out to teach about the Sioux War because no one ever taught me about how the Union went to war with the tribes and I think that is a ****ing travesty. This stuff is my jam.

I posted two sentences one of which was me saying "this isn't a hill to die on". How and the actual **** is that "White Splaining"? I said it is not something to go to war over. (Voting Rights is something to go to war over right now) I am not exactly sure how that is a controversial take in any way...but sure I guess I apologize to all of the POC who I offended by saying that. Not sure who that would be (none of my students I am guessing) but I sincerely hope that my telling the Dems to not spend a ton of political capital on one curriculum didn't somehow ruin your day. Please excuse my Toxic Midwestern Whiteness...

See that is the problem with Nosebleeds such as yourself. You could have just asked "is there a reason you think that? What do you think of the curriculum itself?" but that just isn't your style. You just assume, wrongly I might add, that you know what I mean based on 30 words that said almost nothing about whatever you ranted about. You think you are being like smart and heroic by attacking me for "White Splaining" when I am not even sure if you know what that means. Here let me help you out:

I literally did not do any of that. You aren't Black I am guessing and neither is Scooby. I wasn't being condescending in any way I was speaking on a purely political level. (I said Dems for a reason) I don't have any issue with the districts teaching 1619 or not, or that Biden plans to give out grants for it. Whatever helps fund education is great and whatever shifts the focus to add new perspectives is amazing and will only help education. I just think Mitch is trolling for headlines so he can play the racism card. I am telling the Dems not to fall for the trap. I am a White Man speaking to mostly White Congresspeople about a fight not to have with other White Congresspeople. I am not telling them to denounce 1619, or to tell Biden to not reward teachers that use it I am just saying there are tons of ways to teach the Black Perspective, 99% of them Turtleboy has never heard of. 1619 isn't some Unicorn that we need to charge the hill for. Let him yell at clouds we can get the job done any number of ways. We can win without giving him any satisfaction.

For the record, if I was still a Social Studies teacher I would probably not fully adopt the 1619 but I would use quite a bit of it. I would also use some Zin, some Native American sources I have and I would try and add in a lot of Asian perspective because that is severely lacking. (this on top of what is required) I prefer melding to swapping. My hope is always that everyone in my classes feels they are represented in some way by the curriculum. If that makes me some Racist White Splaining Flyover Fool then guilty as charged. Sounds about as silly as when trixie called me a Warmongering Conservadem because I said Klobuchar is a good Senator (or when he said I support Netanyahu and his Apartheid despite my hating literally every policy he has and supporting a free Palestine) or when Old Pio called me a Nazi but hey...we all have our labels :^)
                  I think there might be blood spattered on the inside of my computer screen after this bludgeoning. :^)

And....I will be plagiarizing your phrase at some point in the future
                  Last edited by busterman62; 04-30-2021, 10:01 PM.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Rumors on Twitter that more about Gaetz might come out soon...
                    Wut
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Romney barely avoids censure by Utah GOP (789-711)

Comment

• Oh Susan. We all know you are a spineless piece of ****- but thanks for clarifying

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...62926799478787

honest to god Susan, just **** right off

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...60299986489351

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post

I think there might be blood spattered on the inside of my computer screen after this bludgeoning. :^)

And....I will be plagiarizing your phrase at some point in the future
                          A man is known by the company he keeps, Handy.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            honest to god Susan, just **** right off

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...60299986489351
                            Manchin is also on record as wanting to torpedo DC Statehood...
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Manchin is also on record as wanting to torpedo DC Statehood...
                              Of course, but I didn’t catch him saying merge dc into Maryland.

ok Susan when we merge the Dakotas and your cow states sure

Comment

• This is like saying the way to ensure women have voting rights is to get married.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X