Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post

What's the dirt on Augustine? All I can remember from reading Augustine is that he sounded like a self-righteous blowhard on the page, but I didn't learn anything about his objectionable predilections.
    Basically, he lived very hedonistically as a young man, then converted to Christianity later on and told everyone not to do any of the things (kinky extramartial sex, heavy drinking, dabbling in other faiths) he had done. He also left a long-time lover to prepare to marry a preteen girl for her money, but then decided to become a priest before the marriage happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He ****ed around for a long time, then ran home to mommy and wrote two big books about how women are whores, and set the template for Catholic misogyny for 1500 years. The monastic Incels lapped it up.

Jesus was hijacked by Q.
      This sums it up better than my post.

Comment

He ****ed around for a long time, then ran home to mommy and wrote two big books about how women are whores, and set the template for Catholic misogyny for 1500 years. The monastic Incels lapped it up.

Jesus was hijacked by Q.
        Beautifully stated. Perfection.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Jesus was hijacked by Q.
          Is it wrong that just seeing this part quoted, but before scrolling down, I figured it was about Paul?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/womensmarch/stat...97880869785601

Well that should help with their issue getting women to vote for them...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Great summary of every Dem Senator's position on killing the filibuster.

We're 46-3-1.

It would be funny if a bunch of Republicans jumped on board assuming they will take the Senate back in 2022.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Is it wrong that just seeing this part quoted, but before scrolling down, I figured it was about Paul?
                LOL.

Saul/Paul never had a change of heart, he was always a RWA. He went from persecuting Christians to persecuting for Christians.

Jesus : Paul :: Lenin : Stalin

They each ****ed it up for the rest of us.

Too short, read more:

My abbreviated history of Christianity:
                1. Here’s John the Baptist. He’s a crazy old man but essentially the same as any prophetic Jeremiah of the OT. But he’s in the EXACT right place at the right time, because…
                2. Here’s Jesus. He’s a Good Guy with good ideas. There are a lot of these guys floating around in the Levantine soup – it’s like Great Awakening Upstate New York -- but he makes it big.
                3. Here’s Paul. He’s a right wing authoritarian. He goes from persecuting Christians to persecuting for Christians. His epistles are chock full of anger, paranoia, and hysteria. He’s the villain of the piece.
                4. Jesus does his thing, with or without the third day (season to taste). Paul wins the succession struggle. Jesus : Paul :: Lenin : Stalin. Christianity starts to get nasty.
                5. Here comes Augustine. Another jerk. After half a life as an irresponsible playboy he ****s over the woman who loves him, crawls home to an overbearing and shrill fanatical mother, and then spits out tomes demonizing women and setting Christianity on the road to misogyny for the next 1500 years.
                6. The monastic orders house Volcels who spend their time lusting after the women they can’t have and tweeting about how all women are whores out of spite. There is the occasional Good Guy among them but he either keeps his head down or gets murdered by the Episco-PO-lice.
                7. Holy Mother Church monetizes the operation and the Petrine mafia runs an extractive commercial empire like the US. We use missiles, Rome uses missals (get it?!, nyuck nyuck).
                8. Luther and Calvin show up, call BS on the money part but lean into the women and sex hating again because monks are bent in the head.
                9. Post-Enlightenment, sane people either give it all up as a terrible detour or vaguely embody Jesus' original good ideas while ignoring all the reactionary or commercial idiocy. The authoritarians double down on the viciousness and are DTF where F stands for murder. Christendom splits into thirds: intellectuals who've seen enough; kind average people who ignore the BS and stress the good lessons; and sociopath wolves leading cretinous sheep to the slaughter.
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-13-2021, 02:43 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  https://twitter.com/womensmarch/stat...97880869785601

Well that should help with their issue getting women to vote for them...
                  Did you have something to say regarding an idiot’s understanding of how the president sets rules for the Senate and filibuster rules?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Did you have something to say regarding an idiot’s understanding of how the president sets rules for the Senate and filibuster rules?
                    Yeah that guy was a gem...

For those that didn't see in the comments some schmuck decided to backhandedly rip Biden for not using Executive Orders to outlaw the Senate Filibuster.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah that guy was a gem...

For those that didn't see in the comments some schmuck decided to backhandedly rip Biden for not using Executive Orders to outlaw the Senate Filibuster.
                      LMAO

No one reads the Constitution anymore. We should teach it in school. I think we still have those.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

LMAO

No one reads the Constitution anymore. We should teach it in school. I think we still have those.
                        The Constitution is to "Euro-Centric" because it was written by White People. Minnesota will outlaw it soon...

(for those wondering I am only half kidding...the Libs in charge of MDE are having a moment)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jesus : Paul :: Lenin : Stalin[/LIST]
                          Uhhh...while Stalin is one of the biggest sociopathic butchers of all time, I'm pretty sure Lenin killed plenty of adversaries during and after the Revolution, and not just the rich.

Comment

That made me laugh, but also made me sad. A reminder that the left has some dumb-dumbs too, and that authoritarianism appeals to some people of all political stripes who've had their fill of limp-dicked, do-nothing centrists playing by the rules set by our ruling class.

Comment

• What's funny is he is still going. I am pretty sure he is trolling me at this point but hey I am bored doing Zoom office hours so I could care. what is funny though is he just liked another person's tweet that said the same thing I did. I think he misread it :^) I did enjoy him calling me an ******* while also saying I shouldn't act like he is in 5th grade! Ironic cause I was about to tell him he must have failed fifth grade if he doesn't see how wrong he is :^D

This guy stinks of Qucumber...his "theories" trump facts. I am not even sure he is a Lib sounds like an uneducated rube who votes for whoever has the most enjoyable ads.

edit: yeah this guy is just an idiot...gotta be part Qucumber.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 04-13-2021, 04:31 PM.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Matt gaetz is fuuuucked. And not in the underage way he enjoys

Comment

Working...
                                X