Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

It won’t likely happen but MN could house delta, with the infrastructure here that was NWA HQ.
    Not a terrible place for a hub, TBH. All those transcontinental polar routes.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Well, there is moving your headquarters, and then there is moving your company. Delta has 33k employees in GA. If you think all of them would move to *Minneapolis*, well, I guess you've never met southerners... Now, a symbolic gesture of moving your 200-person corporate office (a la Boeing's "move" to Chicago or Toyota NA's move from Torrance, CA to Irvine(?), TX) is doable. But I'm not sure what would be in it for Delta - their employees would just be peeved that the C-suite types moved on to a greener pasture while leaving them behind to deal with NJC (new Jim Crow).
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Well, there is moving your headquarters, and then there is moving your company. Delta has 33k employees in GA. If you think all of them would move to *Minneapolis*, well, I guess you've never met southerners... Now, a symbolic gesture of moving your 200-person corporate office (a la Boeing's "move" to Chicago or Toyota NA's move from Torrance, CA to Irvine(?), TX) is doable. But I'm not sure what would be in it for Delta - their employees would just be peeved that the C-suite types moved on to a greener pasture while leaving them behind to deal with NJC (new Jim Crow).
        All my family that worked for NWA just jumpseats to ATL for work every week. They didn’t move.

Comment

All my family that worked for NWA just jumpseats to ATL for work every week. They didn’t move.
          Yeah, that works for the flight crews (pilots + attendants), but I wonder what fraction of the 33K that is? After all, most of them already don't have much incentive to live in ATL, so I'm guessing that the employee base in ATL is already skewed more heavily to ground crews, maintainers, airport ticket agents, etc - jobs that can't be done "remotely."
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Yeah, that works for the flight crews (pilots + attendants), but I wonder what fraction of the 33K that is? After all, most of them already don't have much incentive to live in ATL, so I'm guessing that the employee base in ATL is already skewed more heavily to ground crews, maintainers, airport ticket agents, etc - jobs that can't be done "remotely."
            Mine are neither and are flight planning and ops, but yeah, gate agents won’t be moving.

Comment

The son of one of my former business partners worked for NWA planning their Asian flight schedules when the merger occurred. He was required to move to Atlanta if he wanted to keep his job. He actually really loves Atlanta now, so it would interesting to see what would happen if they moved him back to Minneapolis.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

It won’t likely happen but MN could house delta, with the infrastructure here that was NWA HQ.
                The old NWA HQ is now the MN Vikings HQ. I drove through there a few weeks ago and they’ve completely changed everything between Delaware Ave and Dodd Rd along that stretch of 494.

I’d be curious to see where an airline could find enough real estate relatively near the airport to suit their needs.

sorry, not nitpicking, just typing some internal thoughts on it.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Even if Delta moved their campus to Minneapolis, they likely wouldn't dehub ATL. It's their biggest and most important hub, and most of those 33K jobs support airside operations there (pilots, FA's, mechanics, gate agents, station operations, etc...). Everyone else would either move to Minneapolis, commute, or find another job. We still have people that commute from Pittsburgh.

That said, they're not likely going to move their entire campus to Minneapolis, especially after the year they just had.
                  Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 04-06-2021, 01:51 PM.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

The old NWA HQ is now the MN Vikings HQ. I drove through there a few weeks ago and they’ve completely changed everything between Delaware Ave and Dodd Rd along that stretch of 494.

I’d be curious to see where an airline could find enough real estate relatively near the airport to suit their needs.

sorry, not nitpicking, just typing some internal thoughts on it.
                    The training facility is owned by Lockheed Martin now too (If it's the building I think it is). They also don't need to be near the airport. United is located in downtown Chicago at the Willis Tower.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

The training facility is owned by Lockheed Martin now too (If it's the building I think it is). They also don't need to be near the airport. United is located in downtown Chicago at the Willis Tower.
                      Boeing HQ is in Chicago too.

In the Morton-Thiokol Building. Now that is karma waiting to happen.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republicans telling corporations, after decades of being chummy with them, to mind their own business?

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...cott-coca-cola

Rand Paul saying BOYCOTT COCA-COLA.

For an anti-cancel-culture party they sure do run to the cancel-culture on things.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...cott-coca-cola

For an anti-cancel-culture party they sure do run to the cancel-culture on things.
                            Someone found a tweet from the AntiChrist...I mean, Stephen Miller, that had a picture with Trump in his office (wherever that is) and lo and behold, what's on the desk? Yes, that's right. A bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...cott-coca-cola

Trump called for a boycott of Coca Cola two days ago.

And was promptly spotted with a fresh Coke on his desk:
                              (zoom in to the phone on the desk)
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• True Patriots will ship all of the Coke to Trump so he can personally destroy it!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X