Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Johnson says Greenland used to be green so therefore climate change is not real.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I.....don't understand that point.

Comment

• Maybe when it was still part of Pangea it was green...

Comment

• Erik The Red called it Greenland to fool would-be settlers into thinking it was arable land. It hasn't been green in at least 2.5 million years.

But of course, Republicans only read their versions of history books.

Comment

• Lyin' Ted knows his party can only win by cheating

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I.....don't understand that point.
              That's because he didn't succeed in making one.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• So Tammy duckworths stunt didn’t last long yesterday.

what a lame idea. First time I’ve noticed her doing something so stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  So Tammy duckworths stunt didn’t last long yesterday.

what a lame idea. First time I’ve noticed her doing something so stupid
                  Hirono is still doing it I believe. (I havent kept up to be honest)

In other news:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...05717975138304

New: Sen. Joe Manchin says he favors a large infrastructure package that would be paid for in part by raising tax revenues.
                  "I'm sure of one thing: It's going to be enormous."
                  Manchin says Congress should do "everything we possibly can" to pay for it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Hirono is still doing it I believe. (I havent kept up to be honest)

In other news:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...05717975138304
                    Won't they "have to" pay for it? I presume this will end up in Reconciliation, so they'll have to show that it's budget-neutral over some timeframe, right?
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Everything is eventually paid for. The GOP tried the theory of not paying our bills (refusing to raise the debt ceiling) and it almost seized up the entire global economy.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Won't they "have to" pay for it? I presume this will end up in Reconciliation, so they'll have to show that it's budget-neutral over some timeframe, right?
                        I would guess it ends up in Reconciliation yes. I don't see Sinema and Manchin blowing up the filibuster for this one because they won't have too. Manchin of course supports it cause WV will get lots of money for roads and such, which leads to jobs, which leads to happy people not burning him in effigy. I don't know what Sinema will want...maybe some shoes to go with her handbag ;^) (relax its a joke)

If the GOP weren't a bunch of terrorists some might have actually gone along with this but they know if they do now their goose (stepping) is cooked.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          know

I would guess it ends up in Reconciliation yes. I don't see Sinema and Manchin blowing up the filibuster for this one because they won't have too. Manchin of course supports it cause WV will get lots of money for roads and such, which leads to jobs, which leads to happy people not burning him in effigy. I don't know what Sinema will want...maybe some shoes to go with her handbag ;^) (relax its a joke)

If the GOP weren't a bunch of terrorists some might have actually gone along with this but they know if they do now their goose (stepping) is cooked.
                          Yeah - if not one single GOP would cross the aisle to get vaccines distributed faster and speed the recovery (stock market notwithstanding, let's not forget that GDP shrank 2.3% last year), there's no way that 10 are going to give Dems the opportunity to say, "Trump promised, but never delivered, an infrastructure week, but Democrats have built you an infrastructure for the 21st Century." They know that will be the messaging whether it passes 51-50 in Reconciliation or 51-50 on the floor, so why would they give Dems a short at a 3rd major victory this year with another Reconciliation bill? Plus by forcing it into Reconciliation, they know that Dems will have to raise taxes to pay for it, and they can make big hay with Ma and Pa Kettle over the fact that "those thieving Democrats are up to it again - they're stealing all the billionaires' money, and when they've taken all that, you can bet that they'll come for yours next!"

Comment

• FTR, budget reconciliation is allowed to increase the deficit, even outside the 10 year window, as long as the bill fits the language written in the resolution. Democrats may write “this bill cannot increase the deficit more than $4 trillion over 10 years”, and then the bill has to conform to that number. That said, no doubt “raise your taxes!!!” the messaging the GOP will use anyways, since it’s effective, even if untrue. I know I was said before there were probably solid reasons Golden of Maine voted against the last budget reconciliation bill, despite the benefits of it. This time, “tax increases!!!” will be even more explicitly used, and he’s got a lot of ma and pa kettle types in his district.

Comment

• Tax increases on the people who made a trillion dollars while you were out of work or lost your business, and your landlord was trying to throw you out on the street.
                              Last edited by rufus; 03-25-2021, 06:12 AM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Tax increases on the people who made a trillion dollars while you were out of work or lost your business, and your landlord was trying to throw you out on the street.
                                Yeah - people like ME! <rolleyes>

Comment

Working...
                                X