Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I am not saying they can't, just saying there is no way to say it is likely at this point. With the way the GOP are tripping over their dicks daily who knows where we will be a year from now. I mean just this week they spit on the sick, the poor, the unemployed, the veterans and the Capitol Police. That is pretty impressive even for them ;^)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• You don’t necessarily need an agenda if you can draw the districts correctly. And with this SCOTUS it’s not like they’ll stop gerrymandering.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I dont know where you get that it is "still likely" they flip the House but we shall see.
        Definitely hope I’m wrong, but gerrymandering alone should get the GOP close to their target. Now, if Don Bacon in NE runs for Governor next year, Democrats can flip those types of districts.
        I want this relief to still mean something next November. I hope they make the child tax credits permanent next year, and then message that too.

Comment

Oh I am not saying they can't, just saying there is no way to say it is likely at this point. With the way the GOP are tripping over their dicks daily who knows where we will be a year from now. I mean just this week they spit on the sick, the poor, the unemployed, the veterans and the Capitol Police. That is pretty impressive even for them ;^)
          The problem is the coverage says they just gave everyone a nice spit shine, and anyone that would've voted for them to begin with believes it. They won't be losing many voters no matter what they do.

Comment

I mean just this week they spit on the sick, the poor, the unemployed, the veterans and the Capitol Police. That is pretty impressive even for them ;^)
            That is pretty standard for them. They have been spitting on the first three of those groups consistently for 50 years. It has not hurt them so far, because conservatism is not about ideas, it's about the tribe.

The Left are the rationalists, the Right are the romantics. The Left approach problems with a slide rule and a compass, the Right approach them with a burning torch and a Bible.

The absence of conservative intellectual clarity is not a bug, it's a feature.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

The problem is the coverage says they just gave everyone a nice spit shine, and anyone that would've voted for them to begin with believes it. They won't be losing many voters no matter what they do.
              They have been losing voters since the 6th. The only ones they are keeping are Trumpers they aren't even hiding they are pushing anyone else to the curb.

I am not saying it will be a Blue Wave or anything but if you want to bet I got some money I am willing to donate to charity in 18 months if I am wrong ;^)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I do not think 1/6 will change anything electorally.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ariberman/status...793077772?s=21

“Quantity is important, but we have to look at the
                  quality of votes too”

Wow. Just wow.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That is pretty standard for them. They have been spitting on the first three of those groups consistently for 50 years. It has not hurt them so far, because conservatism is not about ideas, it's about the tribe.

The Left are the rationalists, the Right are the romantics. The Left approach problems with a slide rule and a compass, the Right approach them with a burning torch and a Bible.

The absence of conservative intellectual clarity is not a bug, it's a feature.
                    I think it is hurting them more than you think...especially in the suburbs. The Culture War isnt even doing well with the Faux crowd. They want vaccines and checks. Christ even Politico had to admit it.

They are never going away...but going full Trump is not going to win them back The House. They need to find a real issue and fast because if all they have is Green Eggs and Ham that isn't enough. Right now they are basically running a Democratic Campaign...only instead of running on social issues they are running on "cancel culture". That might juice up people at a rally but it doesn't inspire much voting especially when the other side can just say "hey look we gave you money!". Of course...the Dems need to be able to market themselves so nothing is even remotely safe ;^)

We will see...again it is March the year before. Think of where we were 2 Marchs ago...then think how different they were a year later...then think about that in comparison to now. A year from now who knows...and then you have to add another half a year on top of that! I mean Q will have had to change the dates of THE STORM!!1!! like 40 times between now and then!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I do not think 1/6 will change anything electorally.
                      I anecdotally disagree...but will see. That freaked out a lot of the suburbs and seeing McCarthy bend a knee to that and spit in the face of people like Cheney is not a good look. That is the exact type of thing the Plutes don't want to see either. That type of chaos brings too many eyes to them and their stealing. They want race/culture/socioeconomic wars not a bunch of armed LARPers threatening to hang the people helping them steal.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I anecdotally disagree...but will see. That freaked out a lot of the suburbs and seeing McCarthy bend a knee to that and spit in the face of people like Cheney is not a good look. That is the exact type of thing the Plutes don't want to see either. That type of chaos brings too many eyes to them and their stealing. They want race/culture/socioeconomic wars not a bunch of armed LARPers threatening to hang the people helping them steal.
                        A lot of us want major change, but even in non-presidential races (and despite gerrymandering), small margins can still be huge. E.g. Georgia. Any amount of bad optics for Rs and dumpers is gold.

Comment

• Barbacoa is delicious!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgreenee...05956940959749

Comment

• Ted lieu with the buuuurn

https://mobile.twitter.com/tedlieu/s...25633641439233

Comment

I mean Q will have had to change the dates of THE STORM!!1!! like 40 times between now and then!
                              They need to adopt the Fusion Power rule: it is always x in the future, but x is invariant.

But even if they don't, and they keep erasing the board and putting up a new number, remember, the Apostles thought Jesus was coming back in their lifetime. That was 2000 years ago. Since then Christians have changed the date... quite a few times. And every generation of believers has known God was coming back in their lifetime.

That grift literally never gets old.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 03-12-2021, 12:20 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X