Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

What happens when a state with no resources just... fails?
    What happens? Conservatism.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So Manchin said he's open to changing filibuster rules to a "talking filibuster" where you have to stay on the floor and speak. Yes please.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        So Manchin said he's open to changing filibuster rules to a "talking filibuster" where you have to stay on the floor and speak. Yes please.
        Outstanding. Manchin > Sinema right now. Sinema disappoints me far beyond Manchin. Sinema doesn’t have any excuse for her behavior.

Rufus, Biden said something along the lines of “I’m going to sell this bill to the American people. I told Barack to do that with the stimulus package in 2009, and he was too modest. We paid a price in the midterms.” Biden, for all his flaws, isn’t going to repeat some of those mistakes that Obama made.

Comment

So Manchin said he's open to changing filibuster rules to a "talking filibuster" where you have to stay on the floor and speak. Yes please.
          So..... what is a filibuster now? Who changed the jimmy stewart rules??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

So..... what is a filibuster now? Who changed the jimmy stewart rules??
            Robert Byrd and Howard Baker.

Another requirement they got rid of was 51 Senators always having to be personally in the chamber. Reinstating that would help stop the bullsh-t.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• For lack of a better thread, LWT's piece on unemployment was tremendous as are most main stories they do.

Comment

I believe I said that on here like ten years ago or more.

The filibuster wasn't meant to be just, "we're gonna filibuster, so now you need 60 votes for this bill". You had to work if you wanted to filibuster something. You wanna delay something, fine. Get your *** up there and delay. Put a little effort in.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What happens? Conservatism.

Ahhh, the old Appalachian hillbillies, dust bowl states.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Outstanding. Manchin > Sinema right now. Sinema disappoints me far beyond Manchin. Sinema doesn’t have any excuse for her behavior.

Rufus, Biden said something along the lines of “I’m going to sell this bill to the American people. I told Barack to do that with the stimulus package in 2009, and he was too modest. We paid a price in the midterms.” Biden, for all his flaws, isn’t going to repeat some of those mistakes that Obama made.
                    Then he better get selling, cause I haven't heard a whole lot of PR stuff coming from the WH. Maybe after final passage, but they gotta get moving. They gotta learn how to play the game. Cause we're allready hearing from the Repubs just how this bill hurts people, whether its true or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Then he better get selling, cause I haven't heard a whole lot of PR stuff coming from the WH. Maybe after final passage, but they gotta get moving. They gotta learn how to play the game. Cause we're allready hearing from the Repubs just how this bill hurts people, whether its true or not.
                      I hear you. I think Republicans know it’s going to pass so they’re starting early, and Biden is waiting for it to hit his desk so that he’s not counting the chickens before they hatch. I think they’ll pound home the $1,400 stimulus checks and the expanded tax credits for families with children. Those are yuge, and all without Republican votes. “Republicans don’t give a **** about your families.” Nice ring to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

From my derpy friends on Facebook, I'm seeing far more, "this money just goes to big corporations!" sort of talk. Which, if they *really* thought it was true, they wouldn't be complaining about. They're not the sharpest tools.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I hear you. I think Republicans know it’s going to pass so they’re starting early, and Biden is waiting for it to hit his desk so that he’s not counting the chickens before they hatch. I think they’ll pound home the $1,400 stimulus checks and the expanded tax credits for families with children. Those are yuge, and all without Republican votes. “Republicans don’t give a **** about your families.” Nice ring to it.
                          Kiddies get a check too? 1,400 for all ‘muricans with AGI less than 75k?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Kiddies get a check too? 1,400 for all ‘muricans with AGI less than 75k?
                            Far as I can tell, yes sir.

Comment

• Asked if he (Lindsey Graham) could afford to abandon Trump because he is not up for re-election until 2026, Graham said: “Yeah, I could throw him over tomorrow … I could say you know that’s it’s over, it’s done. That’s just too easy.

“What’s hard is to take a movement that I think is good for the country, trying to get the leader of the movement, who’s got lots of problems facing him and the party and see if we can make a go of it.

‘Mitt Romney [the 2012 nominee] didn’t do it, John McCain didn’t do it. There’s something about Trump. There’s a dark side. And there’s some magic there. What I’m trying to do is just harness the magic.

“To me, Donald Trump is sort of a cross between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan and PT Barnum. I mean, just bigger than life.”
                              https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arty-interview

No, Lindsey, he's Jim Jones. Not PT Barnum. Not Ronald Reagan.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Far as I can tell, yes sir.
                                Just to be clear: *tax filers* get an extra check for each dependent they claim. The amount of the check is the same as the one the taxpayer gets for herself/themselves, based on the taxpayer's eligibility (<$75K AGI for individual, <$150K AGI for joint filers, phasing out to $0 at $100K/200K). That is to say: my kids will not get checks, even though *their* AGI is $0. Unlike previous stimulus checks, tax filers will get additional increments (up to the $1400) for adult dependents as well as minors.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X