Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Your last sentence is the truth. Keep passing bills that directly help people in need. Democrats will do more for the American public in the first three months of Biden’s administration than the GOP in Trump’s four years. Obvious statement is obvious, but keep hammering that sh-t home.
    sidenote: I’m sad they already fixed the apparent bug where swear words were allowed in their entirety.
    It's not gonna be enough that they pass stuff. They need to toot their own horns about passing stuff too, like the Repubs do. make it explicitly clear that they passed this, what it does for ordinary Americans out there, what benefits they will get from it, and who kept trying to stop it from being passed, and why.

The average, everyday 'joe sixpack' American has to figure out that the Republicans are not on their side, will not do a thing to help them make their lives better.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Murkowski works with Manchin to amend moving a few hundred million dollars to helping homeless children and other things for Alaska, then votes against the bill anyway. Republicans remain the worst.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Murkowski works with Manchin to amend moving a few hundred million dollars to helping homeless children and other things for Alaska, then votes against the bill anyway. Republicans remain the worst.
        What a *****
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Again I think you guys are overthinking it. By working with Man-Chin she gets him to vote for it. If he votes for it it passes. Her vote doesn't matter. She can tout "bipartisanism" but also wont get raked over the coals for voting with the Dems. It is a smart strategy. She is one of the few I would actually believe thinks about thinks enough to come up with it unlike say Collins ;^)

There is a reason the GOP is pushing the culture war arguments more than the deficit arguments. Because the people are seeing the debates (cause there actually is debates) they are better informed. That is why the American Relief Plan is popular even with GOP voters. Just like with the ACA once people saw what was actually going on they realized the GOP wasn't helping them. The GOP needs a diversion. If 60% of your base dislikes the move you are making you go on TV and cry about Dr. Seuss for a week...

On another note I am enjoying ticked off psych!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• But Manchin got what he wanted from Biden, and was gonna vote for it anyway. Why does he need to get Murkowski stuff for her state? Now she gets it, while voting against the bill that gives it to her.

**** her. **** their idea of what 'unity' means.

Comment

• Manchin is never satisfied...and he also wants to make it look like he is crossing the aisle...of course he is crossing the aisle to work with those he agrees with more ;^)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• But, you dick around with him, and he changes parties, and you have Moscow Mitch as majority leader again.

That really what you want? You know, just so you can keep your principles?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

It's not gonna be enough that they pass stuff. They need to toot their own horns about passing stuff too, like the Repubs do. make it explicitly clear that they passed this, what it does for ordinary Americans out there, what benefits they will get from it, and who kept trying to stop it from being passed, and why.

The average, everyday 'joe sixpack' American has to figure out that the Republicans are not on their side, will not do a thing to help them make their lives better.
                  Oh I agree. My “keep hammering that sh-t home” was meant to convey that they need to broadcast what they’re doing and why it’s helping people. Definitely not enough to just pass stuff quietly, since the MSM will do their thing.
                  How the **** is **** allowed in its glorious entirety but not sh-t? I don’t understand but **** is my favorite swear word so I won’t complain.

Comment

But, you dick around with him, and he changes parties, and you have Moscow Mitch as majority leader again.

He can't change parties. He would be destroyed in a Republican primary. His only political future is doing what he does: run far, far right in the Dem primary as the only guy who can beat any R.

Even so it is only a matter of time until he draws a non-joke R nominee. The only thing keeping him alive is a multi-generational Manchin political machine.

But we can't budge him, either. The needle he is threading is that thin. This is what he's gotta do to hold the seat.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He can't change parties. He would be destroyed in a Republican primary. His only political future is doing what he does: run far, far right in the Dem primary as the only guy who can beat any R.

Even so it is only a matter of time until he draws a non-joke R nominee. The only thing keeping him alive is a multi-generational Manchin political machine.

But we can't budge him, either. The needle he is threading is that thin. This is what he's gotta do to hold the seat.
                      He's probably going to lose anyway in 2024. He barely won (49-47) in a blue wave in 2018. My bet is he announces retirement in 2023.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

But, you dick around with him, and he changes parties, and you have Moscow Mitch as majority leader again.

Dude I don't even know what you are talking about.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/thehill/status/1368473004230012929

Greene Qucumber is getting testy with her fellow GOPers...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh, he could. It might not work out for him in the long run, but what is he, late 70's? He ain't got much of a long run left. If he thinks its in his best short term interests, if he does it just to spite the Dems who were mean to him, who knows? But right now, he's majority leader, everything runs through him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Dude I don't even know what you are talking about.
                              You don't seem happy with him, cause he's not ideologically pure enough for you. Would you be happier if Mitch was back running things?

Those are your options. Quit whining about how much Manchin sucks, and just deal.

Comment

• This is how Sinema voted down the minimum wage.

Per my daughter, that is a $450 handbag on her hip. Great optics.

From the Comments:

The fact that people think a living wage is anti-business tells you everything you need to know about business.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-07-2021, 09:14 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X