Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I think he's basically just to the left of Ben Sasse. He'll do no more for the Democrats than Susan Collins. He's basically another her.
    Oh for fark sake. Because Manchin is a D, Moscow Mitch is the Senate minority leader instead of the majority leader.

That by itself makes him infinitely better than Collins or Murkowski.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Oh for fark sake. Because Manchin is a D, Moscow Mitch is the Senate minority leader instead of the majority leader.

Thank you for understanding basic governance.

Comment

• Many of us on here understand how committees work and how manchin is better than some R from that state. Having issues with some of his decisions isn’t saying that I wish he was replaced by a republican- and I don’t always type a ton here as I’m on my phone, and I suspect nothing I can type will convince you otherwise anyway.

and again, as some of you may say people like me sit here and whine, at least I’m actively doing something about it by supporting D candidates in other states that should be feasible

Comment

Yeah I think scoob may have taken that a smidge too far on that one

Comment

• Every village needs its idiot and Manchin is the Dems' (Patty Murray shuffles excitedly, waiting her turn).

As for the Cafe, well, we don't do Poser of the Year anymore.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• of course manchin is better for that reason. I understand that. But on voting for things Democrats want? He is no better than Susan Collins.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Many of us on here understand how committees work and how manchin is better than some R from that state. Having issues with some of his decisions isn’t saying that I wish he was replaced by a republican- and I don’t always type a ton here as I’m on my phone, and I suspect nothing I can type will convince you otherwise anyway.

and again, as some of you may say people like me sit here and whine, at least I’m actively doing something about it by supporting D candidates in other states that should be feasible
                I think most of us on here who consider ourselves actual Democrats are going to have issues with plenty of Manchin’s decisions. It’s frustrating as sh-t that we have to rely on him being our weakest link, rather than Sinema, Kelly, Feinstein, or King. Personally, I think Sinema is more frustrating to me than Manchin, but I digress. I think Manchin would absolutely support some version of a Voting Rights Act- a watered down version, to be sure- but a much stronger one than Susan Collins would support. Or Ben Sasse, who is probably in the top 5 for most conservative senators, his weak sh-t opposition to Trump when it didn’t matter much anymore notwithstanding. Democrats have a big f-cking tent with lots of f-cking hands in the pot, and it’s hard to satisfy all of them, which is why we fracture as a party much more than the GOP, which clearly has a singular focus and a mainly singular type of voter demographic. It has nothing to do with not having any balls, or some explanation like that I’ve seen on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Every village needs its idiot and Manchin is the Dems' (Patty Murray shuffles excitedly, waiting her turn).

As for the Cafe, well, we don't do Poser of the Year anymore.
                  Patty Murray? Clearly I’ve missed something.

Comment

yup.

Manchin is the best we'll get from WV. He's not the problem.

The problem is Maine ****ed up and reelected Susan Collins.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

yup.

Manchin is the best we'll get from WV. He's not the problem.

The problem is Maine ****ed up and reelected Susan Collins.
                      You shall not disparage Drew's cuddlebunny.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        of course manchin is better for that reason. I understand that. But on voting for things Democrats want? He is no better than Susan Collins.
                        Manchin has a Trump score of around 50%. Collins is 65%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s-trump-score/ so by that measure he IS better than Susan Collins.

Shelly Capito has a Trump score of 92%, so that gives you an idea of what WV will replace Manchin with.

Comment

Manchin has a Trump score of around 50%. Collins is 65%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s-trump-score/ so by that measure he IS better than Susan Collins.

Shelly Capito has a Trump score of 92%, so that gives you an idea of what WV will replace Manchin with.
                          15%. I'll take it but ugh.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just don't you dare call whoever it is a fascist!

Comment

Not only that, but Manchin’s expected score is WAY lower than it should be. Only Tester’s expected score is lower. Collins, on the other hand, has a higher expected score than McConnell, which basically means she’s way more conservative than she needs to be in the state she represents.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                                Man, this thread turned embarrassing fast. Manchin is another Collins? Just to the left of Ben Sasse? Did Ben Sasse or Susan Collins vote to advance the budget under reconciliation rules? Anything over $1 trillion is > $600 billion that Collins and her “moderate” GOP ilk came up with, right? I’m fairly certain Manchin will vote for something over $1 trillion. Does Susan Collins support a minimum wage raise to $11? Maybe she does now, but she voted against a raise to $10.10 in 2014. Collins is the best the GOP has to offer, and y’all think Manchin is worse than her? Ish, what a terrible opinion.

Edit: I’m honestly stunned only Kepler and maybe one other poster gets that Manchin >>>>>>> GOP Senators. Where the f-ck is the pragmatism?
                                I know he is better, I think you guys give him way too much credit though. Literally the only thing he helps is letting us have the majority. He is against quite a bit of even the most moderate of Biden's stuff. He isn't as bad as Scooby says but Scooby is closer to right than you want to believe. Hell his own Governor seems to support the Biden bill stronger than he does...

1>0 but not by that much. You are only as strong as your weakest link and he is about as weak a link as you can get.

He is also not good at playing the game at all. He never got the value of keeping your cards close to the vest. He folds before anyone bets...

I am not going to turn down the heat on his moronic ideas just because he has a D behind his name.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X