Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post
    Is that not reward enough, having Hovey on your side?
    I mean I had my heart set on a strengthened voting rights act and rolling back tax rates back to the 1950s and restoring the American middle class, but sure, let's settle for one old guy voting for us in one race every 8-10 years.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I mean I had my heart set on a strengthened voting rights act and rolling back tax rates back to the 1950s and restoring the American middle class, but sure, let's settle for one old guy voting for us in one race every 8-10 years.
      That was tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, I’m on board with what you want too. If Manchin is on board, we’re golden. If not, let’s get at least 10% of our wishlist. Keep our eyes on the prizes that matter.

Comment

That was tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, I’m on board with what you want too. If Manchin is on board, we’re golden. If not, let’s get at least 10% of our wishlist. Keep our eyes on the prizes that matter.
        As I've said, I am all for grabbing whatever the Right cynically and loathsomely offers, banking it, then immediately putting their nuts right back in the vise again. The mission is to help people. Our policies help people. Get 10% from the Nazis, then just roll over them with a tank for the other 90%. Fine.

I do not care now, nor will I ever care again, what any Nazi Member or voter thinks or wants or objects to. They no long exist as members of our polity, they are inanimate obstacles to be crushed or gone around. The Right doesn't matter, all that matters is the good we can do.

I think we are in violent agreement.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh, c'mon. I didn't even hold my nose when I did it.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Because that’s how it’s done? If the GOP keeps showing they’re the party of Q, surely the Hovey’s, Swansong’s, and Drew’s of the world will keep voting D at least at the presidential level? Is that not reward enough, having Hovey on your side?
            Not if they keep voting R for Congress. Do you really think the crackpots are voting MTG out? Do you think rural NoDak is going Blue just because the Rs are acting crazy? Seriously you sound rather naive here.

Again I am not sure what to do...but if you think "doing the right thing" is going to help the Dems in Congress I have some beachfront property in Grand Forks to sell you.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I didn’t say I was unable to see his logic...I just think mine is way better in this case.
              I honestly don't know whose is. The GOP is acting so far out of the realm of logic now I am not sure how to fight it without hurting yourself in some way. If you stay silent you look weak and almost agreeing with it and if you fight you look like you are overreaching. There just is no rational recourse because this whole thing is just so stupidly irrational.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Not if they keep voting R for Congress. Do you really think the crackpots are voting MTG out? Do you think rural NoDak is going Blue just because the Rs are acting crazy? Seriously you sound rather naive here.

Again I am not sure what to do...but if you think "doing the right thing" is going to help the Dems in Congress I have some beachfront property in Grand Forks to sell you.
                I don’t think the crackpots will vote MTG out, whether she’s stripped of her committee assignments or not. Clearly, none of them really care about good governance in the first place if MTG is who they chose as their representative. I don’t care what the Nazis think, or their Nazi voters. That said, it’s their right to vote for such a nutjob, and it’s best left to the GOP/QOP/Nazi Party to choose to rein in said nutjob, or not.
                All I care about is winning so we can keep passing legislation into the future beyond* 2022 if possible. How does this situation help us win in 2022, or 2024?

Comment

I don’t think the crackpots will vote MTG out, whether she’s stripped of her committee assignments or not. Clearly, none of them really care about good governance in the first place if MTG is who they chose as their representative. I don’t care what the Nazis think, or their Nazi voters. That said, it’s their right to vote for such a nutjob, and it’s best left to the GOP/QOP/Nazi Party to choose to rein in said nutjob, or not.
                  All I care about is winning so we can keep passing legislation into the future beyond* 2022 if possible. How does this situation help us win in 2022, or 2024?
                  Steve King would like a word.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As I've said, I am all for grabbing whatever the Right cynically and loathsomely offers, banking it, then immediately putting their nuts right back in the vise again. The mission is to help people. Our policies help people. Get 10% from the Nazis, then just roll over them with a tank for the other 90%. Fine.

I do not care now, nor will I ever care again, what any Nazi Member or voter thinks or wants or objects to. They no long exist as members of our polity, they are inanimate obstacles to be crushed or gone around. The Right doesn't matter, all that matters is the good we can do.

I think we are in violent agreement.
                    We are.

Comment

Because that’s how it’s done? If the GOP keeps showing they’re the party of Q, surely the Hovey’s, Swansong’s, and Drew’s of the world will keep voting D at least at the presidential level? Is that not reward enough, having Hovey on your side?
                      For me the damage has been done. Biden is the first candidate I’ve ever given money to and it was one of the better decisions I’ve made.

It seems like with every passing day the GOP alienates me more and more. It started with the tea party and has just gotten worse since. This is a great article that hits the nail on the head https://theweek.com/articles/964006/...-conservatives Think of me what you will but that group is certainly the opposite of who I want to be associated with, most notably their bizarre economic philosophy.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Steve King would like a word.
                        Hey, if MTG loses her donors and gets a strong challenger like King did*, you’re right. His own party stripped him though. I’d be surprised if GOP voters picked someone other than MTG if Democrats stripped her, although the GOP party in Georgia may realize she’s worthless and fund a strong challenger. Since Democrats seem like they’ll follow through on stripping her, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

For me the damage has been done. Biden is the first candidate I’ve ever given money to and it was one of the better decisions I’ve made.

It seems like with every passing day the GOP alienates me more and more. It started with the tea party and has just gotten worse since. This is a great article that hits the nail on the head https://theweek.com/articles/964006/...-conservatives Think of me what you will but that group is certainly the opposite of who I want to be associated with, most notably their bizarre economic philosophy.
                          I’m a big tent guy. I don’t care why you vote for Democrats, just that you do. I won’t let the weight around your neck that is Susan Collins go by the wayside though.

Comment

I’m a big tent guy. I don’t care why you vote for Democrats, just that you do. I won’t let the weight around your neck that is Susan Collins go by the wayside though.
                            I’ll always be a proud Collins voter!!! She’s helped keep Bath and Portsmouth open along with getting us our fair share of tax dollars. She does her best to bridge the divide between the two parties as well.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Did MTG threaten to stop compiling spreadsheets if they kick her out of committee?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’ll always be a proud Collins voter!!! She’s helped keep Bath and Portsmouth open along with getting us our fair share of tax dollars. She does her best to bridge the divide between the two parties as well.
                                She's a hypocrite.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X