Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Because they won't give you the remaining 3/4. And you've wasted months, and destroyed your support among the public by trying to negotiate with these bastids. People need help now.

Or, you pass the entire thing through reconciliation. And then pass another huge thing that helps people with your second available reconciliation option.
    I'm with you here. The current iteration of the Republican Party has no interest or inclination to negotiate. Sure, maybe you'll get 1-2 of them per house to work with you in something approaching good faith, but so what? The rest won't follow in the best scenario, and will just Lucy the football in the worst.

Use the hammer of reconciliation. Then use it again.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's not what I said.

I'm saying don't negotiate with conservatives. They are terrorists. Take everything they agree to then immediately shiv them in the eye.

For forty years they did it to us and everybody but a handful of Plutes paid. Drive them into the sea and then nuke the sea. Conservatives are the enemy of Americans.

That's. What I am saying.
      And I say "why waste the shiv"? We don't need them or their deal. As someone on CNN said earlier...do what Reagan did. When he knew the people supported what he was pushing he ignored the whining from Congress and passed it. The people loved him for it.

Biden has the ability to pass his relief package without the GOP and the people seem to want him to. So just do it and make the GOP go on TV to explain why the people they pretend to care so much about don't need help anymore.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What truly drives me bonkers is the right wing complaint about aid to states.

"We can't send money to states that stood by and let BLM and Antifa burn them down all summer."

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          What truly drives me bonkers is the right wing complaint about aid to states.

"We can't send money to states that stood by and let BLM and Antifa burn them down all summer."
          That is a good one - right up there with, “How dare you pass a relief package that might accidentally benefit the people we gave $1.6T to in 2018????”

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Mitch just blasted Marjorie

“BREAKING: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is speaking out, blasting Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s embrace of “loony lies and conspiracy theories” as a “cancer for the Republican Party.”

“Somebody who’s suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.’s airplane is not living in reality,” McConnell said in a statement first shared with The Hill.

Comment

• New Bernie meme?
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                Paywalled.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Mitch just blasted Marjorie

“BREAKING: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is speaking out, blasting Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s embrace of “loony lies and conspiracy theories” as a “cancer for the Republican Party.”

“Somebody who’s suggested that perhaps no airplane hit the Pentagon on 9/11, that horrifying school shootings were pre-staged, and that the Clintons crashed JFK Jr.’s airplane is not living in reality,” McConnell said in a statement first shared with The Hill.
                  Blah blah blah. Until his party actually does something to stem this garbage, these words are nonsense.

She needs to be expelled from congress. Others need to be censured. That is action.

Comment

• She needs a full mental work up too
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's not what I said.

I'm saying don't negotiate with conservatives. They are terrorists. Take everything they agree to then immediately shiv them in the eye.

For forty years they did it to us and everybody but a handful of Plutes paid. Drive them into the sea and then nuke the sea. Conservatives are the enemy of Americans.

That's. What I am saying.
                      We are saying exactly the same thing. I just omitted all of the wackadoodle twitter bluster from my post.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Manchin ****ing Democrats right up the ***.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Manchin ****ing Democrats right up the ***.
                          Bold to say he straight up thinks people from his state should make less than what 49 others from outside his state are pushing for.

Obviously he’s catering to a specific crowd, but it just looks odd at face value.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Bold to say he straight up thinks people from his state should make less than what 49 others from outside his state are pushing for.

Obviously he’s catering to a specific crowd, but it just looks odd at face value.
                            It's stupid beyond belief.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• He said he supports $11/hr. Roll with that and move on. $11 > $7.25. Or compromise with him on that for something else. Does anyone think Manchin wants only $618 billion in coronavirus relief like the 10 most “moderate” GOP members are proposing? He’s a Democrat from West Virginia. What the hell do people expect from the guy?

Comment

• Honestly, including the $15/hr minimum wage plan in this bill was a misstep by Biden.

The country is in a situation where a ton of people are out of work and a lot of jobs where the minimum wage might be pretty common (service industry jobs) have been hit hard by the pandemic. Why die on the minimum wage increase, or any other proposal where there is actually a financial disincentive for employers to keep current employees or hire new employees?
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X