Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Had to chuckle when I saw this headline.

Republicans now 'shocked, shocked' that there's a deficit

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...eres-a-deficit
    That's pretty salty for The Hill. Usually they at least try to pretend the GOP aren't inept cowardly terrorist hypocrites.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No. No, no, no! I don't understand how you can ever get these things from what I write. The consequences of politics are about ethics but the conduct of politics has nothing to do with ethics.

Manchin will never care about anything. I don't care if he cares. I am talking about forcing him to act in a certain way. The only person who can potentially do that is Schumer.

Schumer will never care about anything. I don't care if he cares. I am talking about forcing him to act in a certain way.

Once you figure out how to do that you can change the world.
      Because you keep arguing with me. People don't argue if they agree ;^)

Now on to something we wont argue about...Qucumber is crazy!

https://***********/fred_guttenberg/...20542678441986
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No. No, no, no! I don't understand how you can ever get these things from what I write. The consequences of politics are about ethics but the conduct of politics has nothing to do with ethics.

Manchin will never care about anything. I don't care if he cares. I am talking about forcing him to act in a certain way. The only person who can potentially do that is Schumer.

Schumer will never care about anything. I don't care if he cares. I am talking about forcing him to act in a certain way.

Once you figure out how to do that you can change the world.
        100% in lockstep with you on this line of thinking. Pragmatism is all we’ve got, and Manchin is who we’ve got. Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer are going to figure out a way to jam and ram as much sh-t into their budget reconciliation bills that Manchin will support, while giving him some sh-t to tout at home for said support. Manchin can shoot puppies with his rifle at home for all I care- get him what he wants to support even 50% of what Sanders and Schumer want to push through.
        Budget reconciliation is perverse in nature. It would make more sense to just abolish the filibuster and have majority rule to pass legislation than to create bills using reconciliation, but, just like the GOP bastardized budget reconciliation (legally, just not within regular Senate norms) in 2017 to pass a massive tax cut, I’m sure Bernie has something similar in store for budget reconciliation- and if that’s how sh-t has to happen in this current environment, so be it. I think I even read Bernie wants to push a $15 minimum wage through one of them. I’ll hold out hope for now that Manchin just hasn’t been shown the goods quite yet, since Democrats are still publicly calling for bipartisanship, and that he’ll come around on enough of what Sanders/Schumer want to make a meaningful difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

100% in lockstep with you on this line of thinking.
          Perhaps I should reconsider.

;-)
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hey if I am wrong I will be happy to admit it!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

100% in lockstep with you on this line of thinking. Pragmatism is all we’ve got, and Manchin is who we’ve got. Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer are going to figure out a way to jam and ram as much sh-t into their budget reconciliation bills that Manchin will support, while giving him some sh-t to tout at home for said support. Manchin can shoot puppies with his rifle at home for all I care- get him what he wants to support even 50% of what Sanders and Schumer want to push through.
              Budget reconciliation is perverse in nature. It would make more sense to just abolish the filibuster and have majority rule to pass legislation than to create bills using reconciliation, but, just like the GOP bastardized budget reconciliation (legally, just not within regular Senate norms) in 2017 to pass a massive tax cut, I’m sure Bernie has something similar in store for budget reconciliation- and if that’s how sh-t has to happen in this current environment, so be it. I think I even read Bernie wants to push a $15 minimum wage through one of them. I’ll hold out hope for now that Manchin just hasn’t been shown the goods quite yet, since Democrats are still publicly calling for bipartisanship, and that he’ll come around on enough of what Sanders/Schumer want to make a meaningful difference.
              Just put everything in the same budget bill -- fund the military, add DC and PR, AND expand SCOTUS by 6. Hey, the military's in there... it's a budget bill! :-)
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Had to chuckle when I saw this headline.

Republicans now 'shocked, shocked' that there's a deficit

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...eres-a-deficit
                I don’t know how a living human could vote for White Walker Ron Johnson. Just seeing his picture makes me reach for a dragonglass weapon
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who once called Parkland shooting a "false flag" operation, will join the Education & Labor committee. That was clearly what McCarthy had in mind when he said he'd "talk to her" about her social media posts.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who once called Parkland shooting a "false flag" operation, will join the Education & Labor committee. That was clearly what McCarthy had in mind when he said he'd "talk to her" about her social media posts.
                    Maybe he thought they would teach her something?

Kevin McCarthy is the Mitt Romney of Susan Collins'.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/RawStory/status/1354599285631942657

Takes a special type of derp to have someone try to have you expelled after only a few weeks.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm curious what the short/long term results will come from the GOP's purity testing.

The AZ GOP censured Jeff Flake, Cindy McCain and the governor for not supporting Trump well enough or at all. AZ now has 2 Dem senators for the first time in decades and this is the reaction of the state party?

Matt Gaetz is in WY campaigning against Liz Cheney for not toeing the line.

Where does this lead? Is it temporary? Does it galvanize the party? Split it? Render it as a 2nd tier party? How do they reclaim the the suburbs this way? I believe Biden won 91 of the most populated 100 counties in America.

Conversely if enough people see the Dems as overreaching (Biden's EO's etc.) while having all the power by itself it is likely to keep them 'unified' and relevant.

Comment

• Comment

• Giuliani election witness who went viral after testimony says she’s running for office

A conservative activist who was widely mocked after she was called to testify by Rudy Giuliani during a hearing on election fraud in December says she is running for office.

Melissa Carone, who was an IT contractor for Dominion Voting Systems on election day, testified before a Michigan House panel in December 2020 that she had witnessed electoral fraud take place in favour of the Democrats on 3 November’s presidential election.

Conservative is now a euphemism for batshit crazy.

Comment

• They're not sending us their best.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Kevin McCarthy goes down to KISS the ring today of the Cop Killing, Child Separating, Insurrectionist. Hope he contracts Covid while down there.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X