Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comcast and Verizon too...the Axis of Evil!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nope. But that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
      I know you think that. But I’m gonna keep my foot on the necks and keep at it. Something has to change

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Does it matter because they're going to discontinue all political campaign contributions?

Goldman, JP Morgan, Dow, etc..., will find someone to whom they can give their money, and in return, receive favorable Congressional efforts. Just because you don't like your guy anymore and have decided to cut off your money supply doesn't mean that you can't find another guy.
        There is seriously nothing you won't try to, "whatabout...?".

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I know you think that. But I’m gonna keep my foot on the necks and keep at it. Something has to change
          Obviously I will too. But I'm just being real about this. There is almost zero chance of getting corporate money out of politics until we pass an amendment.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Obviously I will too. But I'm just being real about this. There is almost zero chance of getting corporate money out of politics until we pass an amendment.
            Yeah, this won't affect legalized bribery. What this does is set new gatekeeping rules on the bribery scheme, but the scheme itself is untouched.

The only way to criminalize bribery is educate so many voters we mathematically outvote the lofos who are led around by the nose with ads. Things have improved in this country but we are still nowhere near that. That's another century at minimum and likely doesn't happen until we ban all advertising as harassment and personal invasion.
            Last edited by Kepler; 01-12-2021, 09:19 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sheldon Adelson, who just died as you noted elsewhere, once said that he thought that buying influence with politicians was probably bad for a country, but so long as they were going to allow him to do it, he would.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Sheldon Adelson, who just died as you noted elsewhere, once said that he thought that buying influence with politicians was probably bad for a country, but so long as they were going to allow him to do it, he would.
                Classic example of a rational choice sanctioned by law that has perverse consequences.

Freedom for wolves is death for lambs. Adelson's SCOTUS-protected FREEDUMB restricts millions of his fellow citizens' freedoms. A government of the wealthy, by the wealthy, and for the wealthy prioritizes the freedoms of the rich few (freedom to act with impunity as long as you have that distillation of Divine Right, money) over the freedoms of the non-rich many (freedom to have choices and resources to make them practical and to be protected from the basic predations of need).

Liberals are really the ones who want freedom. But we want the freedom for hundreds of millions of thrown away people to flourish. The 50,000 people who own everything don't care for that. For them, freedom is their right to a 13th vacation home, and to put $100M into a Member's pocket to control their vote.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-12-2021, 09:45 AM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mo Brooks should be kicked out of Congress today, and maybe arrested for incitement tomorrow.

Screw these people. No quarter. 30 years of this moronic viciousness is long enough.

These people are Nazi terrorists.

End the Right.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Boebert making a strong case too.

she refused to go through metal detectors and when she set it off refused a search of her bag.

GOP en masse followed suit. Gohmert told cops to **** themselves and walked AROUND the detector.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You know Lt. Aldo's speech in "Inglorious Basterds," how he wants 100 Nazi scalps?

I am all for that.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There was a shocked lady on NPR saying that the atmosphere of rage right now reminds her (and she might be old enough to have been there) of the time before the civil war when a dude got cane-whipped. I would not trust that Karen with the glock.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          You know Lt. Aldo's speech in "Inglorious Basterds," how he wants 100 Nazi scalps?

I am all for that.
                          Why so divisive? Those other 74,222,493 Nazis are going to feel marginalized if you leave them out!
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Tomi Lahren

@TomiLahren
                            Oh Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, the road your headed down isn’t one you want to be on. If you support impeachment I can promise this will be your last term in office. All the RNC $$ in the world won’t get you re-elected.
                            Dude's 78. He's got more to worry about from the real Grim Reaper than a blonde bimbo that will be forgotten in two years.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Tomato Lasagna has 5 wilted leaves of cabbage for a brain.
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Why so divisive? Those other 74,222,493 Nazis are going to feel marginalized if you leave them out!
                                Because of Trump's rhetoric, I've been close to three horrible acts:

2018-19, both Out On the Lakeshore and the Ottawa County Dems have their windows shot. Double pane glass, though, so the bullets passed the first pane, but not the second.

Prior to the election in 2020, a trans friend of mine, who is visibly trans and visibly liberal, has her front window shot out in Allendale. She escapes physically unscathed, but mentally scarred.

Tonight while doomscrolling (and looking for pictures of cats), I learn after the attempted coup, Out On the Lakeshore, Out Center of Southwest Michigan, and many other LGBTQIA centers received dark, threatening messages, which have been reported to law enforcement.

And yet, all the Nazis/MAGAts I know think Trump should have a free pass on social media to say what he wants. 100 scalps is what I can take.

Comment

Working...
                                X