Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Oh noes!

Incoming Democratic House members Cori Bush (Mo.) and Jamaal Bowman (N.Y.), both of whom won their races after primary victories over longtime incumbents, would not commit on Sunday to voting to reelect Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)

“What I'm going to do is make sure that the voices of the people of St. Louis are heard and that we have what we need. And so you will find out then,” Bush told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday on “State of the Union.”

Bash responded, “That’s not a yes,” with Bush answering, “I'm working with my community.”

When asked the same question, Bowman was similarly noncommittal, saying, “You will find out when my vote is tallied and, again, organizing with our community to figure out what's best.”
    Political "Journalists": Trying desperately to apply the same obsolete narrative since 1968.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

I'm getting really sick of everyone making everyone in congress "Schrödinger's Politicians."

They (the general they, not anyone specifically) want:
    - politicians who have experience in DC, yet hate politicians with experience.
    - politicians to compromise, but never give any leverage.
    - politicians who are fiscally budgetarily responsible yet throw money at corporate handouts like Halloween candy.
    - politicians who give everyone tax cuts and wonder why politicians aren't providing funding for critical services.
    - politicians who don't help those who want federal handouts yet beg for politicians to give them handouts.
    - politicians to stay the hell out of local government but want the feds to handle local government because the locals are incompetent.

As for Nancy, she's fine, but I hope someone has been shadowing her in an effort to take over if she's not selected as speaker.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm fine with Nancy as Speaker. But I want to see all of the other leadership positions replaced with people younger than 50. Start grooming your leadership of the future, not your leadership from 1990.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I'm fine with Nancy as Speaker. But I want to see all of the other leadership positions replaced with people younger than 50. Start grooming your leadership of the future, not your leadership from 1990.
        Yes. This.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You and I both wish, but that will never be.

I'd settle for under 70.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republican was interviewed this morning on the telly. Part of the House "Solution" caucus. Basically the folks that put together the craptastic stimulus bill. Anyway, what stuck with me was he argued that the people who believe the election was stolen have a legitimate reason for doing so and you denigrate them if you don't acknowledge their feelings or whatever.

The problem with that is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to back up their claim. This is where we are at as a country right now. We have to placate insanity. We have to give voice to conspiracy. We have to "both" sides things that don't have two sides.

If we want to progress as a people, as a country, and as a society we have to move out of that. The last (4) years of destruction dwarfs any progress made under Obama. And that was after Bush's 8 years destroyed anything and everything Clinton may have accomplished.

We are living in Reagan's Utopia right now.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Republican was interviewed this morning on the telly. Part of the House "Solution" caucus. Basically the folks that put together the craptastic stimulus bill. Anyway, what stuck with me was he argued that the people who believe the election was stolen have a legitimate reason for doing so and you denigrate them if you don't acknowledge their feelings or whatever.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The problem with that is there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to back up their claim. This is where we are at as a country right now. We have to placate insanity. We have to give voice to conspiracy. We have to "both" sides things that don't have two sides.

If we want to progress as a people, as a country, and as a society we have to move out of that. The last (4) years of destruction dwarfs any progress made under Obama. And that was after Bush's 8 years destroyed anything and everything Clinton may have accomplished.

We are living in Reagan's Utopia right now.
                Was that Toomey? I saw him on the news this morning, but didn't hear any of his interview and I was doing things with my daughter.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Was that Toomey? I saw him on the news this morning, but didn't hear any of his interview and I was doing things with my daughter.
                  Toomey is a Senator. He's another one of those though. Same mentality. Toomey was on one of the Sunday shows this weekend.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

House has approved 2k checks, guessing Mitch kills it now

Bernie says he’ll filibuster to prevent the defense bill veto override until the 2k checks are voted on

https://mobile.twitter.com/burgessev...14209566257153
                    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-28-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1343705613763825665

Rep. Kevin Brady on #CASHAct: "Will this stimulate our local economies? Not a lot. What we know is that much of this extra $1600 will go to pay down credit card debt, or savings, or even make new purchases online at Walmart, Best Buy, or Amazon."
                      So paying off debt and spending money at stores will not stimulate local economies? He understands Wal-Mart and Best Buy exist in communities right?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not as effective as giving the rich more tax breaks I guess. It’s ok when they hoard money.

god I’m so sick of stupid people

Comment

Seth Abramson (who I find increasingly annoying) brings up a good point. Trump wants the 2k check sent out...if Perdue and Loeffler vote against it that is going to be seen as quite the betrayal leading up to the runoffs. It Mitch buries it and they arent mad about it publicly same thing.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 12-28-2020, 06:59 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So it's ok, even preferential, to give Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy tax cuts, but not ok to give consumers money to spend there?

Does this guy even understand how the economy works?

I assume he's trying to make some sort of point about spending your money online instead of spending it at your local businesses that may be hurting. Fine. Why don't you inject some money directly to those businesses? But even those employees and owners will be getting $2000 checks too.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So it's ok, even preferential, to give Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy tax cuts, but not ok to give consumers money to spend there?

Does this guy even understand how the economy works?

I assume he's trying to make some sort of point about spending your money online instead of spending it at your local businesses that may be hurting. Fine. Why don't you inject some money directly to those businesses? But even those employees and owners will be getting $2000 checks too.
                              If I read right he was part of Ways and Means and pushed Trump's tax cut...so no he has zero clue how the economy works.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X