Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be way off but I swear I saw a few days ago polling suggested that people were in favor of raising taxes for the Infrastructure Bill...cant find it yet but there was lots of articles about it last year as well.

They Do Support Infrastructure

I think if the Dems couch it in "JOBS!!!!!" the raise taxes meme will be offset with the non-derpers.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I may be way off but I swear I saw a few days ago polling suggested that people were in favor of raising taxes for the Infrastructure Bill...cant find it yet but there was lots of articles about it last year as well.

They Do Support Infrastructure

I think if the Dems couch it in "JOBS!!!!!" the raise taxes meme will be offset with the non-derpers.
      The problem is the human instinct for loss aversion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_aversion). It takes a lot of possible future jobs for that carrot to offset the fear that the taxman is going to come take what they’ve already got.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        The problem is the human instinct for loss aversion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_aversion). It takes a lot of possible future jobs for that carrot to offset the fear that the taxman is going to come take what they’ve already got.
        Not if you are the one getting the job. This might not get the average office worker to love it but Blue Collar Workers will make out like bandits and that is who Biden appeals to beyond just the Dem base.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Party of small government my ***.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Yeah it wont play and I aint downloading Tik Tok to watch it so...care to summarize?
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah it wont play and I aint downloading Tik Tok to watch it so...care to summarize?
              GQP: Don't regulate my guns.
              Also GQP: But it is fine regulating uteruses, gay marriage, election rights, etc.
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Schumer is claiming he’s found a way to pass a third reconciliation bill this year, citing some obscure section in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                  Schumer is claiming he’s found a way to pass a third reconciliation bill this year, citing some obscure section in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974.
                  Is that the "The Other Party are F'in Nazis and Refuse to Govern" clause?
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                    Schumer is claiming he’s found a way to pass a third reconciliation bill this year, citing some obscure section in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974.
                    Interesting. I wonder if this is why yesterday the idea of the Infrastructure Bill being 2 different proposals was making the rounds. Either that or maybe $15?
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Or just nuke the filibuster and then it doesn't matter.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah and just fly at warp speed and travel through time!

Oh I thought were naming things that can't happen right now.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Cindy Hyde-Smith looks like she would go out of the way to mention how she used to be a cheerleader back in high school.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Cindy Hyde-Smith looks like she would go out of the way to mention how she used to be a cheerleader back in high school.
                            3rd from the right.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-29-2021, 04:44 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Wow, and I was just guessing. I was always thinking of going with "Cindy Hyde-Smith looks like she still thinks it's OK to use the word 'negro' often in casual conversation", and I would have been right there too.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• McCarthy tells Pelosi not to challenge IA congressional seat and "put [her] faith in our democray."

You can't make this up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...owa-house-race
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X