Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

That’s exactly it. This isn’t going to move the needle very much as far as total cost. To be honest $200 for a family making $190k or whatever the formula is isn’t a ton of money, but I suspect people who don’t get anything who got money before will hold Dems responsible. And let’s not forget how close the margins have been in a lot of recent races. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Joe Manchin wanted it more targeted. Your moderate, bipartisan Senator Susan Collins won’t crossover and vote for it because it’s too expensive, so what are Democrats to do?
    In HER $600 billion counterproposal that we all laughed at because it was ****ing embarrassing, single filers making $40k or less received $1,000, and couples making $80k or received $1,000. Only $500 per dependent, phased out completely at $50k/$100k. You don’t get to lecture anyone on blunders. Kindly go **** yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Klobuchar supports killing the filibuster

https://mobile.***********/brianefal...00328446263301
      Love it. I love Klobuchar. She dominates in rural MN counties the way no Dem presidential candidate has ever done. Maybe Mondale but I’m too lazy to look. She was one of the first candidates I was able to vote for when she won her first Senate race in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Joe Manchin wanted it more targeted. Your moderate, bipartisan Senator Susan Collins won’t crossover and vote for it because it’s too expensive, so what are Democrats to do?
        In HER $600 billion counterproposal that we all laughed at because it was ****ing embarrassing, single filers making $40k or less received $1,000, and couples making $80k or received $1,000. Only $500 per dependent, phased out completely at $50k/$100k. You don’t get to lecture anyone on blunders. Kindly go **** yourself.
        She’ll wave to them in a drive by to make up for the money

Comment

https://mobile.***********/brianefal...00328446263301
          She wants a new Voter Rights Act. Which won't happen with the Repubs blacking everything in the Senate, while their controlled state legislatures pass all sorts of restrictions on black people voting.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Has gillebrand taken her pitchfork and come after cuomo yet? Or does she only hold that energy for men in the senate?

Comment

This is good. The centrist/liberal chasm is a creation of the right we need to ignore, like the canard of "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" of years ago.

People who want good governance and people who want socially conscious policy have no other choice -- they need to unite, balls deep in the Democratic agenda. The Venn area outside of that is death.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• so will the end of the filibuster bring us a national abortion ban in 2025?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That’s exactly it. This isn’t going to move the needle very much as far as total cost. To be honest $200 for a family making $190k or whatever the formula is isn’t a ton of money, but I suspect people who don’t get anything who got money before will hold Dems responsible. And let’s not forget how close the margins have been in a lot of recent races. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
                  Dude, if you're struggling to make ends meet at $190k, you need to do some serious, serious introspection.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Dude, if you're struggling to make ends meet at $190k, you need to do some serious, serious introspection.
                    I think you missed the point. It's not in any way that people need the money, it's that they're going to be ****ed that they got a check under Trump and didn't under Biden. I think it's foolish to make the change where it won't result in any sort of material savings.

Somehow it is Collins' fault even though it's only Dems voting for the bill.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Not in SF, which is amazing.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think you missed the point. It's not in any way that people need the money, it's that they're going to be ****ed that they got a check under Trump and didn't under Biden. I think it's foolish to make the change where it won't result in any sort of material savings.

Bless your heart.

Comment

We don't make $190k but the stimulus has been out of reach every time so far for me. I don't hold it against him in the slightest. Nor do my coworkers or friends who are near or exceed that cap. "oh well, get it to the people who need it."
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not in SF, which is amazing.
                            Then that's a different error in judgement.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Where it probably hurts is families and the child payments now phased out earlier, where that $200 check would also include a bonus per child.
                              as a single earner, I wouldn't have gotten anything with the previous round of stimulus, but as a family with dependents, I still got around $700 (reduced from $1600) out of the $600 check stimulus.

I thought it was dumb I was getting a stimulus check, because it literally made no difference in my life or spending habits. But now I'm annoyed we'll be left out of the $1400 checks :P
                              (I was probably going to use it to subsidize a $20K solar panel install, but it's not like whatever reduced amount I got would make that much of a difference)

Comment

• The issue is that free money would likely never be turned down by anyone, whether it's $10 or $1000.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X