Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...26876334931970

Sen. Tim Kaine on MSNBC says he expects Senate to pass voting rights legislation “no later than Martin Luther King Day.” Said he’s had “really good conversations”with Manchin about filibuster changes to push it through. Calls Sinema more “forward-leaning” on voting than Manchin.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Man, our missing “both sides” poster would be chapped at this if they still posted

https://twitter.com/ariberman/status...268671489?s=21

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Hey, Manchin. Go Fuck yourself. How many votes did you get from Republicans for your voting rights bill? You know the one you wrote? Fuck off.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Could be worse. They could call themselves the Wild and have the worst logo in sports.
    The truth hurts.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Even a primary challenge from which he ultimately emerges victorious could be bad for him if Dump were to endorse the other candidate. He's got a tight rope to walk between now and November 8th.
    Could be worse. They could call themselves the Wild and have the worst logo in sports.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Even a primary challenge from which he ultimately emerges victorious could be bad for him if Dump were to endorse the other candidate. He's got a tight rope to walk between now and November 8th.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

That would require effort, and I'm betting he's as lazy as any fourth generation heir to a family empire.
    III are the real mouth breathers (Junior, Eric). By IV you either see kids who realize what wastes of space their parents are or III has Captain Jacked it all away.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    If it is still possible to be considered a moderate Meijer could have threaded that needled. He ticks every single box that a candidate should have for the west side. If he does get primaried then the Republicans will lose that seat.
    That would require effort, and I'm betting he's as lazy as any fourth generation heir to a family empire.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    If it is still possible to be considered a moderate Meijer could have threaded that needled. He ticks every single box that a candidate should have for the west side. If he does get primaried then the Republicans will lose that seat.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    As a Republican, Grocery Boy has no choice but to do a 180 on Dump now. The redrawn MI-03 district is D+3, so he needs all the Red Hats he can get. Look for him to kiss the ring for an endorsement that I'll bet he won't get.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Peter Meijer last year wanted to impeach Trump.

This year, he's all in on Dump.

I'm embarrassed he's my rep. Screw you, grocery boy.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I dont think sagard is...

It will be interesting to see how ticked off Manchin and Sinema get over this. They are looking at like 2-3 weeks of just non stop harassing.

Meanwhile we will probably get more genius quotes out of wannabes like Herschel Walker about how Senator John Lewis would not support the John Lewis Voting Rights Amendment.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yes, luckily there will be no filibuster for reps so the national pregnancy registry, forced birth camps, and anti lgbt laws can sail through both chambers.

Some of you are def excited about that.

Leave a comment:

• sagard
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Chuck has either grown a pair or decided either way he won't have to deal with this anymore.
    Seems like a half measure so they can say they tried. Luckily the filibuster will be gone when the Reps take over in 22.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Chuck has either grown a pair or decided either way he won't have to deal with this anymore.
    He has to convince 2 people...I doubt he can but man if Manchin didn't like the press he was getting before he is really gonna hate it now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X