Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    Judges are pretty dang important.
    No disagreement there, we’ve seen the consequences of the GOP stacking the deck. It’s just that confirming judges plus passing BBB and raising minimum wage and increasing healthcare and codifying Roe and gun control and yada yada yada is a lot better than just confirming judges.

    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      No disagreement there, we’ve seen the consequences of the GOP stacking the deck. It’s just that confirming judges plus passing BBB and raising minimum wage and increasing healthcare and codifying Roe and gun control and yada yada yada is a lot better than just confirming judges.
      They are equally important, since without judges all of those measures will be hamstrung and delayed and even nullified by activist reactionaries. We need to fill EVERY vacancy with the farthest Left judge who can get through confirmation yesterday. If we can get to a reasonably sane majority in the Senate then we can bring the federal judiciary back into true over night. There are 75 current vacancies with 41 known future vacancies. We could fill them all virtually over night and begin rolling back Nazism.
      Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2022, 12:22 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aparch View Post
        If they take the House, they can also pave the way to wipe all these investigations off the board.
        I mean, most likely, that will happen anyways when the new Congress is there no matter who is in charge. The 1/6 Commission should be done before the Midterms.

        They will likely try and Impeach Biden and do a bunch of "Hunter Biden" investigations but that won't go anywhere.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          They are equally important, since without judges all of those measures will be hamstrung and delayed and even nullified by activist reactionaries. We need to fill EVERY vacancy with the farthest Left judge who can get through confirmation yesterday. If we can get to a reasonably sane majority in the Senate then we can bring the federal judiciary back into true over night. There are 75 current vacancies with 41 known future vacancies. We could fill them all virtually over night and begin rolling back Nazism.
          That is kind of crazy because it isn't like judges aren't being put through still. Wasn't there some weird article or stat that Biden put through more in like a month than Trump did in his whole term? (I am probably wrong)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • I love a good parody account.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              They are equally important, since without judges all of those measures will be hamstrung and delayed and even nullified by activist reactionaries. We need to fill EVERY vacancy with the farthest Left judge who can get through confirmation yesterday. If we can get to a reasonably sane majority in the Senate then we can bring the federal judiciary back into true over night. There are 75 current vacancies with 41 known future vacancies. We could fill them all virtually over night and begin rolling back Nazism.
              Are not all of these judgeships lifetime appointments? A little confused on the known future vacancies, unless they’ve announced they’re leaving the bench. So 13% of the judiciary is either vacant or going to be. That’s astounding on top of what they’ve already filled.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

              1966, 1986, 2007

              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                That is kind of crazy because it isn't like judges aren't being put through still. Wasn't there some weird article or stat that Biden put through more in like a month than Trump did in his whole term? (I am probably wrong)
                No, it was that Biden started out faster than Dump. But Dump was actually VERY successful with confirmations. He had 54 circuit judge appointments in one term, Obama had 55 in two. And of course he got 3 vs 2 SCOTUS because McConnell just flat out stole one. Dump has the highest number of appointments per day in office of any president since Jimmy Carter, because by the middle of Obama Mitch had simply blockaded democracy. The Nazis have been planning their takeover for a long time.

                To give you an idea of how long the Dump stain will last unless we start impeaching them, there are 4 incumbent federal judges who were appointed by Richard Nixon.


                Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2022, 03:09 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                  No, it was that Biden started out faster than Dump. But Dump was actually VERY successful with confirmations. He had 54 circuit judge appointments in one term, Obama had 55 in two. And of course he got 3 vs 2 SCOTUS because McConnell just flat out stole one. Dump has the highest number of appointments per day in office of any president since Jimmy Carter, because by the middle of Obama Mitch had simply blockaded democracy. The Nazis have been planning their takeover for a long time.

                  To give you an idea of how long the Dump stain will last unless we start impeaching them, there are 4 incumbent federal judges who were appointed by Richard Nixon.

                  Not according to Pew...

                  President Joe Biden has appointed more judges to the federal courts at this stage in his tenure than any president since John F. Kennedy, and his appointees include a record number of women and racial and ethnic minorities, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the Federal Judicial Center.
                  Between Supreme, Appeal and District Biden has 75 (as of last week) and Trump had 51. Obama had 42. (through the first 566 days)

                  Kennedy was a machine he had 102!!

                  There were articles in the first month of Bidens term about how many seats were open because Trump was lax in filling them. (And Obama before him)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    Not according to Pew...



                    Between Supreme, Appeal and District Biden has 75 (as of last week) and Trump had 51. Obama had 42. (through the first 566 days)

                    Kennedy was a machine he had 102!!

                    There were articles in the first month of Bidens term about how many seats were open because Trump was lax in filling them. (And Obama before him)
                    We are saying the same thing. Biden's pace is high. But Dump's over all numbers were higher because Mitch was simply rubber stamping his derps at the end, because the Federalist Society was feeding the list to him. They had already been pre-approved essentially.

                    The GOP showed us how to do it, and now we should do it. The difference is still significant because we will put qualified people up there where the Federalist Society's only qualification was their bonkers legal theory that even Scalia thought was anti-American. But there are A LOT of qualified Far Left jurists out there. Some (cough) would say the fact they are Far Left demonstrates they are the brightest of the possible candidates.

                    Now let's get a couple more Senate seats and ram them ALL down the orcs' throats the first night.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2022, 03:51 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                      They are equally important, since without judges all of those measures will be hamstrung and delayed and even nullified by activist reactionaries. We need to fill EVERY vacancy with the farthest Left judge who can get through confirmation yesterday. If we can get to a reasonably sane majority in the Senate then we can bring the federal judiciary back into true over night. There are 75 current vacancies with 41 known future vacancies. We could fill them all virtually over night and begin rolling back Nazism.
                      Won't mean dick if we can't get a few more SCOTUS seats.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                        We are saying the same thing. Biden's pace is high. But Dump's over all numbers were higher because Mitch was simply rubber stamping his derps at the end, because the Federalist Society was feeding the list to him. They had already been pre-approved essentially.

                        The GOP showed us how to do it, and now we should do it. The difference is still significant because we will put qualified people up there where the Federalist Society's only qualification was their bonkers legal theory that even Scalia thought was anti-American. But there are A LOT of Far Left qualified Far Left jurists out there. Some (cough) would say the fact they are Far Left demonstrates they are the brightest of the possible candidates.

                        Now let's get a couple more Senate seats and ram them ALL down the orcs' throats the first night.
                        Yeah, it helps when the two steps two approval are perfectly aligned with their marching orders instead of the usual evaluate, nominate, advise and consent, wash, rinse, repeat.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                          Won't mean dick if we can't get a few more SCOTUS seats.
                          Give me two Senators and we can add 15 and/or impeach Dump's three and Thomas.

                          The only thing lacking is the will. The Nazis taught us one valuable lesson: you can actually do anything. All the norms which if offended the electorate would reject you, which the higher educational system hammered into us for a hundred years, all turns out to be just vapor. What matters, outside the strict letter of the law, is just sheer coercive power. There are more of us, so use it. Grind the feral hogs of the GOP into a paste, because they will cut our throats with zero conscience if they even hold the knife for ten seconds ever again.

                          End the Right. Remove the threat.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2022, 03:49 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                            Yeah, it helps when the two steps two approval are perfectly aligned with their marching orders instead of the usual evaluate, nominate, advise and consent, wash, rinse, repeat.
                            Yep. They built a perfect system. But we can too. Indeed we are smarter and we aren't mired in graft so ours will be better.

                            All that is lacking is the will.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                              Are not all of these judgeships lifetime appointments? A little confused on the known future vacancies, unless they’ve announced they’re leaving the bench.
                              My understanding is they are retirements. Not everyone wants to die in the saddle. And most judges aren't as selfish as RBG.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Give me two Senators and we can add 15 and/or impeach Dump's three and Thomas.

                                The only thing lacking is the will. The Nazis taught us one valuable lesson: you can actually do anything. All the norms which if offended the electorate would reject you, which the higher educational system hammered into us for a hundred years, all turns out to be just vapor. What matters, outside the strict letter of the law, is just sheer coercive power. There are more of us, so use it. Grind the feral hogs of the GOP into a paste, because they will cut our throats with zero conscience if they even hold the knife for ten seconds ever again.

                                End the Right. Remove the threat.
                                You'll need more than two
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X