Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    The more I think about this, the more I think we actually came out ahead. 1% on all buybacks has to be more than what fund managers make on going from 15% to 37%, right?
    Raises $73 billion vs $14 billion. We came out way ahead. Sinema was an easy get here. Way easier than Manchin. Have to give her credit for that.

    Edit: Now, it all comes down to the Senate Parliamentarian.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by psych View Post

      Raises $73 billion vs $14 billion. We came out way ahead. Sinema was an easy get here. Way easier than Manchin. Have to give her credit for that.

      Edit: Now, it all comes down to the Senate Parliamentarian.
      Didn't Mitch ignore the Senate Parliamentarian when he wanted to get what he wanted?

      One easy way of getting rid of the filibuster. Don't even officially get rid of it, just ignore the rule. It's not a law, it's a convention which only we observe anyway.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by psych View Post

        Raises $73 billion vs $14 billion. We came out way ahead. Sinema was an easy get here. Way easier than Manchin. Have to give her credit for that.

        Edit: Now, it all comes down to the Senate Parliamentarian.
        I dont think the Parliamentarian will block it, but if she does do it anyways. Not one voter cares and if that is the best the Cons have to hit us with then the Red Wave is screwed.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • This video highlights what the Republicans plans are for Social Security. An insurance plan I will sorely need in the next 20 years. It used to be that NO ONE COULD EVER get elected with these plans for such an important program in the United States. Again, an insurance program and the most successful anti-poverty program ever passed.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBHFEmFeuSQ
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

            Didn't Mitch ignore the Senate Parliamentarian when he wanted to get what he wanted?

            One easy way of getting rid of the filibuster. Don't even officially get rid of it, just ignore the rule. It's not a law, it's a convention which only we observe anyway.
            It doesn’t come down to the Senate Parliamentarian for how I’d vote on the measure, even if she struck it all down. I’d vote to abolish the filibuster and to ignore her recommendations. Krysten Sinema will listen to her though, thus the Parliamentarian ruling being important.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              This video highlights what the Republicans plans are for Social Security. An insurance plan I will sorely need in the next 20 years. It used to be that NO ONE COULD EVER get elected with these plans for such an important program in the United States. Again, an insurance program and the most successful anti-poverty program ever passed.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBHFEmFeuSQ
              Haven't you said repeatedly we would all be dead in 20 years? I can't imagine anyone voting for someone who comes right out and says they want to get rid of SS. Then again.............. people listen and believe Alex
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

              Comment


              • Originally posted by walrus View Post

                Haven't you said repeatedly we would all be dead in 20 years? I can't imagine anyone voting for someone who comes right out and says they want to get rid of SS. Then again.............. people listen and believe Alex
                I don't think I put a number on it. If I did it was a guess. If I am still alive I will need it. As for people listening, I did listen when they said Roe vs. Wade was going to be eliminated. Not many did.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Sounds like parliamentarian has ruled overnight that inflation caps violate Byrd rule

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Sounds like parliamentarian has ruled overnight that inflation caps violate Byrd rule
                    That sucks, but she allowed everything else at least.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                      That sucks, but she allowed everything else at least.
                      Right on. Looks like between 10-40 billion will be stripped out due to that not passing the Byrd Bath. Either way, still a big win, assuming it gets passed.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psych View Post

                        Right on. Looks like between 10-40 billion will be stripped out due to that not passing the Byrd Bath. Either way, still a big win, assuming it gets passed.
                        If Sinema or Manchin renege they might get assassinated...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Sounds like parliamentarian has ruled overnight that inflation caps violate Byrd rule
                          Just pull a Turtle, fire her and pass it anyway
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                          Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                          Comment


                          • Thought they were voting tonight?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • It advanced in the senate tonight

                              Comment


                              • https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...aEof_YSkg&s=19

                                Multiple Republican senators have now complained on Twitter about having to show up to work to delay a bill that will lower prescription drug costs and protect the planet.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X