Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Manchin's been in before. Until he wasn't.

just wait.
    This.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I will be Charlie Brown on this one...I think he backed down. I don't know why or how but I think this one sticks.

(I once played Charlie Brown in a Middle School play so it fits)

Edit: here is another reason I think it's real.

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/stat...LL_MxLDgw&s=19

It's now been an hour since the Senate cloture vote started on the PACT Act - to help vets exposed to toxic burn pits. As of right now, backers don't have 60 votes - which is a big surprise, since the bill passed 84-14 a few weeks ago
      The GOP is ticked off and is now screwing over veterans (on a bill most supported last month) and is something they would totally block to stick it to Schumer for getting his deal. Some pundits seem to agree. It may be a stretch but this is not tbe type of public mistake McConnell usually makes.
      Last edited by Handyman; 07-27-2022, 10:30 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don't think Manchin would publicly agree to this deal if he wasn't going to stick to it. He's proven me wrong before.

In other big news, in Wisconsin's Democratic Primary, Alex Lasry dropped out and endorsed his primary opponent Mandela Barnes, giving Democrats a united front 3.5 months before the general election against Ronnie Johnson. Looks like Eric Greitens is finally slipping in the polls in Missouri, which closes off any hope Democrats had at winning the Senate seat there.

Comment

• CNBC thinks the Manchin news will now torpedo the chips bill that passed earlier because GOP presumed the "bigger" bill was dead and reluctantly would allow the chips bill through.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            CNBC thinks the Manchin news will now torpedo the chips bill that passed earlier because GOP presumed the "bigger" bill was dead and reluctantly would allow the chips bill through.
            Definitely not a Manchin whisperer, but if anything, I think he trolled the GOP on this one. Waited until the Senate passed the CHIPS+ bill, then says “Oh yeah, there is a path to a reconciliation bill.” None of this is over yet, but Manchin seems to have pulled a fast one on all of us, including the GOP. Sinema still has to sign off, and ****tards like Gottheimer in the House have to all be on-board since there is no SALT-related language in the bill.

Comment

• Need the Chips bill and the deal with Manchin to go through. Democrats do that it is going to help a whole bunch in November. Here's hoping they actually ****ed McConnell for once.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• If it passes, the Dems should do everything they can to thank manchin publicly. He's fragile and this kind of ego stroking may be required
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  If it passes, the Dems should do everything they can to thank manchin publicly. He's fragile and this kind of ego stroking may be required
                  This. Manchin is essentially a junior varsity Dump. Tell Billy what he did is very good.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Need the Chips bill and the deal with Manchin to go through. Democrats do that it is going to help a whole bunch in November. Here's hoping they actually ****ed McConnell for once.
                    Unfortunately, neither will likely make a lick of difference in public opinion. Democrats could announce they created a work-free society starting January 1st, 2023, and if inflation stayed stubborn- hell, gas prices stayed high- they’d lose the House and likely the Senate. We know, as people who pay attention to politics, how important such bills are, but we’re voting Democratic already. Either way, if both become law, they’re solid shifts in the right direction, albeit on a far smaller scale than most of us wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Unfortunately, neither will likely make a lick of difference in public opinion. Democrats could announce they created a work-free society starting January 1st, 2023, and if inflation stayed stubborn- hell, gas prices stayed high- they’d lose the House and likely the Senate. We know, as people who pay attention to politics, how important such bills are, but we’re voting Democratic already. Either way, if both become law, they’re solid shifts in the right direction, albeit on a far smaller scale than most of us wanted.
                      We actually don't know whether this is true. The Nazi / non-Nazi split -- it is resistant to change. Obviously no Dumpy is ever going to change its mind -- if it was capable of that it wouldn't be a Dumpy. And there is no circumstance under which I would ever become a Nazi. So there it is, our politics now.

The only thing that actually matters is the ability to vote. The Republican party will do whatever it can to throw away our votes and invalidate entire elections. It is a wild beast which only knows hunger. So as their numbers dwindle they will use more and more overt means, just as they have since the 90's. It used to be enough for them to nibble around the edges, now they try to cancel entire outcomes. And their endgame will obviously be what it always is with authoritarians: violence and murder.

Meanwhile they shrink, from 48% to 44% to 40% of the electorate, and below. The future of American politics is can they suppress fast enough, or in the end kill fast enough, to compensate for their diminishment as they circle the drain.

We'll beat them in the end because the Right is the cesspool of cowardly and inept failures. But how many people will they harm on their way out?
                      Cornell University

Comment

Definitely not a Manchin whisperer, but if anything, I think he trolled the GOP on this one.
                        Manchin did what was best for Manchin. Shocked. Not.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• so the Senate GQP are about to kill a VA bill - that they openly supported - because of this. My goodness how childish is that?

They don't support the troops, they support the war machine.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Video is worth it just for Stewart’s impersonation of Mitch at the end

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1552...nkZJ2EbK8oorEw

Comment

This one I don't agree with. Part of the reason the media believes and pumps the Red Wave nonsense (even when local polling contradicts the points they make) is because the non-hardcore politico types were disenfranchised with the Dems getting literally nothing done despite having control. All of the promises made, and everyone of them torpedoed, often by friendly fire. The Dems looked exactly like the "Dems in Disarray" the media loves so much.

Plus...take a look at the name of the bill. It was called that for a reason. The Dems finally messaged correctly. Come November they can say "we passed all these things, and put forth real legislation to fight high gas prices and reduce inflation". They get the needed headline...which is all a lot of voters read anyways.

What is funny is I was scrolling Twitter when the deal struck and some politico I follow retweeted someone who a week ago when word of negotiations leaked out basically predicted all of this. Said they would call it something to do with Inflation, and that Manchin would find a way to vote for it (even got the wording of the press release right) because it wasn't BBB. He can sell "Inflation Reduction" back home, he can't sell what was promised in BBB. Since most of his constituents will never read the bill they don't really care so he gets the cool headline and gets to be the hero instead of the most reviled man around. (and the Dems get BBB with a different name)

I dont think Manchin trolled McConnell, I think he got sick of being as hated as the Nazis are. I think Schumer gave him an out and he was smart enough to take it. If he sticks to it it was an easy decision. Like the Capital One commercial with Charles Barkley.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 07-28-2022, 12:09 PM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X