Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I disagree with Maher often enough but he's absolutely correct about the perception of the Democrats being in the ****ter (right or wrong) and that they're not doing themselves any favors when it comes to the midterms. Sadly the woman he had on last night is a prime example and maybe that's why he invited her?

    Perhaps in that sense he proves he's no better than anyone else in his position.
    The lady from The Nation was the perfect example of why the Dems fail. All preaching, no listening or understanding of how the real world works. I have no clue what color the sky is in her world.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

      The lady from The Nation was the perfect example of why the Dems fail. All preaching, no listening or understanding of how the real world works. I have no clue what color the sky is in her world.
      Why does anyone continue to watch Maher? He is part of the problem, not the solution. He is like Social Media. He feeds off us.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        Why does anyone continue to watch Maher? He is part of the problem, not the solution. He is like Social Media. He feeds off us.
        He is part of the problem now. Never used to be but he has followed what appears to be the normal progression of a libertarian. The facts are the Republicans plans work because when you're willing to burn the entire fucking house down you pretty much get to say and do whatever you want. Biden should have taken whatever he could get from them and the Democrats should have kept their mouth SHUT about everything else. They over promised and under delivered. AGAIN. The other party NEVER has that problem. NEVER.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • You may not like Maher...but more people in this country think closer to him than think like to us. And his criticisms of us are on point. The Dems should be owning the Center at this point by default but we can't message for dick and when we have power we have no idea how to wield it. But hey we sure can make ourselves look like fools cancelling Abraham Lincoln or decriminalizing crime.

          The Dems could choke away a 4 goal lead with 4 to play because they would spend too much time arguing about whether the score is culturally sensitive, worry beating a team that bad would hurt their feelings and then whining because they don't think the refs arent being fair.

          You know what most people see when they see us...a bunch of pontificating No-It-Alls. They see what is happening in places like San Francisco and realize that isnt what they want in their town. They see what the Minnesota Department of Education (which is run by the Progressives) does here and want none of it. (they have basically destroyed in school discipline because they said it was disproportionate. So you know, just make it so students can do what they want! And yes Kepler, that is true its why my home district is going to have a double employment problem next year with the COVID burnout and why teachers in Saint Paul went on strike a few years back) They see all our good intentions become wasteful, bloated cash grabs and they see the same rot from within. They see a lot of talk but never any follow through. They don't trust us. And it isn't because they are all racist and it isn't because they are all bigots or even that they are stupid (though there is plenty of all that too) but we just spend too much time worried about things that most of the country just doesn't care about. We are all looking for ournext cause, the next way to show how ahead of the curve we are. Meanwhile we ignore the very things we platform on and get elected on.
          Last edited by Handyman; 02-21-2022, 10:39 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            The Dems could choke away a 4 goal lead with 4 to play
            Oh, like that could happen...
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              Oh, like that could happen...
              5:17 > 4. :-(
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

              Comment


              • Ahead of the midterms, Senator Rick Scott is pushing his agenda which includes: "taxing the **** out of those freeloading low income families or those on social security because everyone should pay taxes no matter what."
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Dems should always promote a tax structure with a 99.9% top marginal rate and a slight reduction of taxes for anybody making less than $200k, and then just run ads showing everybody pays less taxes except them. That should be our only ad, on 24/7. Pound the sh-t out of it. Ram it into every head, no matter how dense.

                  We would never lose another election.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    “to have skin in the game.”

                    Ah yes, rolling out the poor people love being poor argument again.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                    1966, 1986, 2007

                    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                    Comment


                    • Does this even have a chance?

                      Make this the last year that millionaires stop paying into Social Security before the rest of us

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        That always works. Blood always flows from Turnips.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • JUST IN: Republicans just released an 11-point policy platform for 2022. It doesn’t mention a single idea to lower costs for Americans but instead talks about declaring that “there are 2 genders,” abolishing the Department of Education, and naming the border wall after Trump.
                          https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...37550565679104

                          I will never understand why this gets votes. But it does.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                            https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...37550565679104

                            I will never understand why this gets votes. But it does.
                            Because Democrats look like idiots when in charge. Why vote for a party that constantly looks like a monkey fucking a football?

                            The GOP doesn't care if you vote for them as long as you don't vote for us they win.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              You may not like Maher...but more people in this country think closer to him than think like to us. And his criticisms of us are on point. The Dems should be owning the Center at this point by default but we can't message for dick and when we have power we have no idea how to wield it. But hey we sure can make ourselves look like fools cancelling Abraham Lincoln or decriminalizing crime.

                              The Dems could choke away a 4 goal lead with 4 to play because they would spend too much time arguing about whether the score is culturally sensitive, worry beating a team that bad would hurt their feelings and then whining because they don't think the refs arent being fair.

                              You know what most people see when they see us...a bunch of pontificating No-It-Alls. They see what is happening in places like San Francisco and realize that isnt what they want in their town. They see what the Minnesota Department of Education (which is run by the Progressives) does here and want none of it. (they have basically destroyed in school discipline because they said it was disproportionate. So you know, just make it so students can do what they want! And yes Kepler, that is true its why my home district is going to have a double employment problem next year with the COVID burnout and why teachers in Saint Paul went on strike a few years back) They see all our good intentions become wasteful, bloated cash grabs and they see the same rot from within. They see a lot of talk but never any follow through. They don't trust us. And it isn't because they are all racist and it isn't because they are all bigots or even that they are stupid (though there is plenty of all that too) but we just spend too much time worried about things that most of the country just doesn't care about. We are all looking for ournext cause, the next way to show how ahead of the curve we are. Meanwhile we ignore the very things we platform on and get elected on.
                              as a marginalized person, using this analogy, my house is on fire. Republicans are happily tossing gas and matches on the fire and are like "I'll do it again." Democrats, while not responsible for the fire, do **** like "what if we ran a visibility and awareness campaign to let everyone know your house is on fire?" without actually doing anything meaningful like call 911 or bring blankets and food or other needed assistance.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

                                as a marginalized person, using this analogy, my house is on fire. Republicans are happily tossing gas and matches on the fire and are like "I'll do it again." Democrats, while not responsible for the fire, do **** like "what if we ran a visibility and awareness campaign to let everyone know your house is on fire?" without actually doing anything meaningful like call 911 or bring blankets and food or other needed assistance.
                                And the media runs around yelling, “Samesies!”
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X