Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

    I gotta say the Michigan Recreational Weed Law is quite outstanding. Much better than the Illinois one!
    What makes it good?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Waiting for the day when weed is legalized at the federal level and we can finally get interstate commerce of legal weed…
      Tax the fuck out of it. We can pay for the entire social safety net just on rich people's drugs.

      Elect Democrats. The GOP will always be beholden to the Thumpers. Weed's the devil's plant, dontchaknow?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        What makes it good?
        Well the Illinois Law has low restrictions on how much you can buy (which is halved for Out of Staters) and it is taxed to high heaven like everything in Illinois. Michigan's restrictions are near impossible to hit and there is no extra restriction for those of us from out of town. and the taxes won't put you in the poor house. Michigan is closer to say Vegas in how it is regulated.

        I used to drive it Illinois a lot since it is like 5 hours...now I would rather drive an extra 3 and make a weekend out of it in Michigan. Michigan also has better casinos ;^)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          ... Michigan also has better casinos ;^)
          Also a quirk due to Illinois law where gambling was once only allowed on working riverboats (that actually floated from dock and traversed the river for a bit). The laws were loosened to allow the boats to stay moored all the time, and they essentially became floating buildings, and, then the laws changed again to allow the Rosemont casino to be built as a regular building with none of the boat bullsh**.

          City of Chicago has stood adamantly against casinos, but them (and the state) appear to be headed to allowing many more casinos to be built soon (rumored to be what "saves" the Bears and Soldier Field).
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

          Live Radio from 100.3

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aparch View Post
            City of Chicago has stood adamantly against casinos
            I mean, can you blame them? A lot of really nasty scars from gambling that haven't quite healed.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Also a quirk due to Illinois law where gambling was once only allowed on working riverboats (that actually floated from dock and traversed the river for a bit). The laws were loosened to allow the boats to stay moored all the time, and they essentially became floating buildings, and, then the laws changed again to allow the Rosemont casino to be built as a regular building with none of the boat bullsh**.

              City of Chicago has stood adamantly against casinos, but them (and the state) appear to be headed to allowing many more casinos to be built soon (rumored to be what "saves" the Bears and Soldier Field).
              KC has riverboats like that...such a weird line to draw.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

                ...which Repubs tried to challenge at the state Supreme Court. This was also passed at the same time as recreational weed.
                Apparently there’s a group trying to use the petition loophole to limit vote by mail, despite that also being voted on by the public.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                1966, 1986, 2007

                Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                  KC has riverboats like that...such a weird line to draw.
                  And that weird town out of the 19th century? St. Joseph's?

                  It's like whorehouses having to be outside town, so they built them *right* next to the incorporation line. And they couldn't be line of sight with a church so they'd build the bank in between.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2021, 05:38 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    I gotta say the Michigan Recreational Weed Law is quite outstanding. Much better than the Illinois one!
                    To be honest, I had no idea it was even legal in IL. That's how different our laws are.

                    Meanwhile, get caught with an MI-sized amount in IN and I'll bet you're looking at an intent to distribute charge.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                      To be honest, I had no idea it was even legal in IL. That's how different our laws are.

                      Meanwhile, get caught with an MI-sized amount in IN and I'll bet you're looking at an intent to distribute charge.
                      Indiana is weird...I think they are the only state that doesn't have a **wink wink** agreement with Illinois and Michigan.

                      The Illinois law isn't awful, they make a ton off the taxes. You just better have a friend go with you or know someone with a Illinois ID. If you go to the dispensary in South Beloit (literally across the street from WI) you will see way more Minnesota and Wisconsin plates than Illinois ;^)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        If you go to the dispensary in South Beloit (literally across the street from WI) you will see way more Minnesota and Wisconsin plates than Illinois ;^)
                        Illinois has done a great job of "legalize it and tax the hell out of it." It's not my scene, so I can't attest to the quantities you're allowed to carry, but in the days after it was made legal, people were posting receipts from dispensaries and some of them had almost 50% of the bill made up by taxes.

                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                        Live Radio from 100.3

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aparch View Post

                          Illinois has done a great job of "legalize it and tax the hell out of it." It's not my scene, so I can't attest to the quantities you're allowed to carry, but in the days after it was made legal, people were posting receipts from dispensaries and some of them had almost 50% of the bill made up by taxes.
                          Oh yeah...and the stronger it is the higher the tax. Brilliant plan!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Michigan is well on our way to becoming like Colorado, where the last time I was there it felt like there were 4-6 dispensaries at every freeway exit. There's got to be a way to strike a balance.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Michigan is well on our way to becoming like Colorado, where the last time I was there it felt like there were 4-6 dispensaries at every freeway exit. There's got to be a way to strike a balance.
                              Every try to count the number of liquor stores in a city?

                              Seems reasonable to me that outlets will increase with demand.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Every try to count the number of liquor stores in a city?

                                Seems reasonable to me that outlets will increase with demand.
                                Yeah, I know. Alcohol sales are always going to outpace weed, because America has long had a secret drinking problem that it has historically addressed quite poorly. More than half of the country's booze is purchased by the lushest 10% of the drinking population, and I'm sure weed is the same way. The first solution was the temperance movements that led to Prohibition - we know that didn't work. Then came AA and all of its 12 Step spinoffs, which is just glorified faith healing with a 10-20% long-term success rate. Treatment options have improved in the last 20 years, but the default recommended solution still being "Don't do your substance and attend 12 Step meetings" is, frankly, a joke. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to addiction recovery.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X