Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new Speaker in 2022 has already promised to reinstate Greene and Gosar once he gets the gavel.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The new Speaker in 2022 has already promised to reinstate Greene and Gosar once he gets the gavel.
      Well, duh. He'll also strip a bunch of D's from committees because he's a child.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

      Comment


      • So the BBB reduces the deficit.

        and just like that, Rs will temporarily forget about the deficit they’ve been wailing about

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          So the BBB reduces the deficit.

          and just like that, Rs will temporarily forget about the deficit they’ve been wailing about
          And inflation
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I think I said this very thing a week or so ago on here when I was objecting to the SALT repeal being seen as a win, that the GOP, no matter how hypocritical it obviously is to most of us on here, would argue it’s a tax giveaway to the rich. We’re not their targets. It’s the vast majority of Americans who can be persuaded by anything, like Republicans being stronger on education, and vote accordingly. I think the GOP will win that messaging war, no matter how hypocritical it is, because as was pointed out to me (and this part wasn’t wrong), they know how to play the game of politics.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              So the BBB reduces the deficit.

              and just like that, Rs will temporarily forget about the deficit they’ve been wailing about
              Does it? I read it increases it between $200-$350 billion, which isn’t much at all, and totally worth almost everything in there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by psych View Post

                Does it? I read it increases it between $200-$350 billion, which isn’t much at all, and totally worth almost everything in there.
                It’s being reported everywhere. Here’s from the source themselves


                https://twitter.com/uscbo/status/146...966708224?s=21

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  It’s being reported everywhere. Here’s from the source themselves


                  https://twitter.com/uscbo/status/146...966708224?s=21
                  That’s just the tax enforcement part of the BBB. The Biden administration thinks the tax enforcement part will reduce the deficit about double that amount, but the overall bill will increase the deficit, based on the CBO or Biden’s projection of the tax enforcement savings you’ve posted.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by psych View Post

                    That’s just the tax enforcement part of the BBB. The Biden administration thinks the tax enforcement part will reduce the deficit about double that amount, but the overall bill will increase the deficit, based on the CBO or Biden’s projection of the tax enforcement savings you’ve posted.
                    You’ve lost me but I’m ok with that

                    Comment


                    • Mcqarthy having a meltdown on the floor

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                        You’ve lost me but I’m ok with that
                        I’m not always good with words. Basically, the CBO is projecting that Democrats going after “tax cheaters” through beefing up the IRS and its enforcement capabilities will save $127 billion over 10 years. The Biden administration thinks the beefed up IRS will be even more efficient, and save the government something like $250 billion over 10 years. Hard to say for sure who’ll be right until 2031, but either way, the important takeaways are: A) The bill is going to slightly increase the deficit over 10 years, between $200-$350 billion, certainly worth the investments made in it, and B) Outside of Jared Golden fighting to hold onto his Trump seat by claiming the bill has a “tax giveaway to the rich” tucked inside it, other centrist House Democrats appear to be on board with it. The X factor, as always, will be Joe Manchin, once the bill gets to the Senate.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by psych View Post

                          Does it? I read it increases it between $200-$350 billion, which isn’t much at all, and totally worth almost everything in there.
                          Correct (or close). $367B over 10 years, not accounting for revenue gains from additional IRS enforcement, which will likely cut the amount in half. So $15B, which nowadays is a rounding error, especially when you compare it to the last 20 years of the WoT or the $2T lost in the giveaway in 2017 that did jack****.

                          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                          KDR

                          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                          Test to see if I can add this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                            Correct (or close). $367B over 10 years, not accounting for revenue gains from additional IRS enforcement, which will likely cut the amount in half. So $15B, which nowadays is a rounding error, especially when you compare it to the last 20 years of the WoT or the $2T lost in the giveaway in 2017 that did jack****.
                            Right on. If I were a betting man, I’d lean more towards the CBO’s official scoring of $127 billion savings from additional IRS enforcement versus the Biden administration’s scoring of around double that, just based on me being cynical and thinking rich people will always find a loophole or seven around government enforcement. Either way, like you said, a drop in the bucket and worth the investments in the actual middle class, not to mention the environment, versus the 2017 debacle.

                            Comment


                            • Kevin whining about San Francisco.

                              maybe your son shouldn’t have moved there *******

                              Comment


                              • He’s whining about China hosting Olympics omg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X