Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    They will realize it when it is at their door and not before.
    Guillotine it is then…
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      b) a left wing revolution that will likely see them in guillotines
      If only. This will never, ever happen here. Capitalist propaganda permeates this society far more deeply than any secret police could. The people of this country have completely internalized their learned helplessness in the face of the wealthy elite. This country is Pharaonic Egypt or Imperial China. The slaves will police themselves before any substantive change can take place. We have been put to sleep permanently.

All there is is the occasional halt (the 1930s, the 1960s) in the inexorable movement towards corporate feudal serfdom.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• ****ing expel them all and throw them into jail

https://***********/hunterw/status/1...810346498?s=21

Comment

• What more do we need to see?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Merrick Garland is concerned.

Not a thing will be done.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              ****ing expel them all and throw them into jail

From the article:

The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.

“I was just going over the list of pardons and we just wanted to tell you guys how much we appreciate all the hard work you’ve been doing,” Gosar said, according to the organizer.

The rally planner describes the pardon as being offered while “encouraging” the staging of protests against the election. While the organizer says they did not get involved in planning the rallies solely due to the pardon, they were upset that it ultimately did not materialize.

“I would have done it either way with or without the pardon,” the organizer says. “I do truly believe in this country, but to use something like that and put that out on the table when someone is so desperate, it’s really not good business.”

Gosar’s office did not respond to requests for comment on this story. Rolling Stone has separately obtained documentary evidence that both sources were in contact with Gosar and Boebert on Jan. 6. We are not describing the nature of that evidence to preserve their anonymity. The House select committee investigating the attack also has interest in Gosar’s office. Gosar’s chief of staff, Thomas Van Flein, was among the people who were named in the committee’s “sweeping” requests to executive-branch agencies seeking documents and communications from within the Trump administration. Both sources claim Van Flein was personally involved in the conversations about the “blanket pardon” and other discussions about pro-Trump efforts to dispute the election. Van Flein did not respond to a request for comment.

These specific members of Congress were involved in the pro-Trump activism around the election and the electoral certification on Jan. 6. Both Brooks and Cawthorn spoke with Trump at the Ellipse on Jan. 6. In his speech at that event, Brooks, who was reportedly wearing body armor, declared, “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ***.” Gosar, Greene, and Boebert were all billed as speakers at the “Wild Protest,” which also took place on Jan. 6 at the Capitol.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                ****ing expel them all and throw them into jail

But they weren't planning an insurrection. They were just helping good patriotic 'Mericans exercise their first amendment rights. Why you wanna put them in jail? Fascist.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Merrick Garland is concerned.

Not a thing will be done.
                  The sickness of putting Susan Collins in as attorney general in this most important time was stupid. Again, I would have put up Yates, they would have said no, and I would have recessed her right in. That's what their side would have done.

But, as Bill Maher said on Friday. They win because they have more guns, and they do hate better than we do. So hating them gets us nowhere.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That's two people working at minimum wage full time. Jeebus.
                    More like $20/hour because it would be based upon AGI, not gross pay*.

*This does not change the fact that this purely an effort to create more of a cash grab for rich people from the hands of lower & middle income families by means of lower future top-marginal tax rates.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The sickness of putting Susan Collins in as attorney general in this most important time was stupid. Again, I would have put up Yates, they would have said no, and I would have recessed her right in. That's what their side would have done.

But, as Bill Maher said on Friday. They win because they have more guns, and they do hate better than we do. So hating them gets us nowhere.
                      Biden hasn't had a chance to do any recess appointments yet. With the way Congress works these days, the only time it ever officially recesses is every 2 years when it switches over from one Congress to the next following an election.

He can do acting appointments with people who've already been senate confirmed (which is what Trump did), and he can have career staffers as interim agency heads, but he can't do recess appointments until congress actually recesses.

Comment

• He didn't have to go as extreme as Yates (though that is who I supported) but Garland was him trying to hard to prove he was better than his predecessor and placate the people he thought were his friends in the Senate. Now we have to pray that Garland looks past his fear of looking partisan and lays the hammer down. Problem is that isn't in his nature...

I rail on the guy a lot but not because I don't think he knows the law, or love this country, or deserve to be in a position of power I just think he was the wrong choice to hold the office post Trump. You can't have a DOJ that is looking to just move on from all of this. (especially when it is becoming clear certain factions of the FBI have problems of their own) Nothing has changed since the election. Trump and his cronies are still out stirring up Coup Part Deux and none of them have any fear because at best they will serve a few months and likely not have any real long term consequences. Judges and prosecutors use tough language but ultimately there has been no deterrence against the next act.

And history is riddled with crap like this...good people who through inaction and naivete allow evil to take control. That is what evil does it takes advantage of the overall goodness and pushes it until it has no ability to win. That may work out fine in the movies, but in the real world it tends to go very badly.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Thing is, you don't really know what Garland is, or isn't doing.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Biden hasn't had a chance to do any recess appointments yet. With the way Congress works these days, the only time it ever officially recesses is every 2 years when it switches over from one Congress to the next following an election.

He can do acting appointments with people who've already been senate confirmed (which is what Trump did), and he can have career staffers as interim agency heads, but he can't do recess appointments until congress actually recesses.
                            Ok. My bad. I would have picked somebody else then that the Republicans would never approve of and got them in through previous confirmation or career staffers. Garland is a waste of space. Obama nominated him because he would be nice to the GOP and Biden nominated him because he would be nice to the GOP. And they sure are nice.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I'll be honest - I'm going to wait for a non-Rolling Stone source. I absolutely believe that it happened, probably, and probably just like the article stated. Much of the details are already known.

But I don't think we should take any bombshell reporting from RS at face value. It's a garbage magazine.

When the AP or NYT or WAPO confirm it, I'm in.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Thing is, you don't really know what Garland is, or isn't doing.
                                I missed this originally, but definitely agree. We don't know **** until all the cards are on the table. We won't know that with any certainty for months or years.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X