Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    Ahem. "Manchin."

    Wyden is good. Maybe a W counts as an M with a different orientation.
    Ha! I’ll grant you that one. And yeah, I forgot about Wyden. Add him to the list. Oregon has excellent Senators. Washington is “meh” for being as liberal as it is. That said, if Jay Inslee runs for President again someday, I may vote for him in the primary. His climate background is nearly unparalleled.

    Comment


    • Heard a report this morning that our buddy Manchin won't tell his colleagues what he's for or against in the bill. He's just whining about the money. You know Manchin gets to negotiate here, that's part of the deal. But he doesn't get to act like a fucking Republican when he does it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by psych View Post

        Booker lives in New Jersey. I think his support for, or at least not open rebellion against the pharmaceutical industry is self-preservation
        Same with him kowtowing (sp?) to Wall Street.

        Booker strikes me as a pure guided missile of ambition, shorn of every other personality characteristic. Yes all pols are like that to some extent (except Al which is why I loved him) but there are those who are utterly consumed by it: Obama. Klobuchar. Newsome. Harris. Much like Obama Booker also has A+ charisma, and he has an even better sense of humor, so he is a fantastic future hope for the party as long as whatever inevitable corrupt deals he cuts to get to the top don't surface.

        I am hopeful that the CA circus just ended Newsome's chances for national office, which is a relief because he strikes me as Younger Bill Clinton.
        Last edited by Kepler; 09-15-2021, 09:57 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Heard a report this morning that our buddy Manchin won't tell his colleagues what he's for or against in the bill. He's just whining about the money. You know Manchin gets to negotiate here, that's part of the deal. But he doesn't get to act like a fucking Republican when he does it.
          It occurred to me as I watched him diva on Chuck Todd that the minute he votes with us he becomes as invisible as Richard Blumenthal, Chris Van Hollen, Martin Heinrich, Gary Peters, Michael Bennet, Tom Carper, or Ben Ray Lujon (I had to look them all up -- check out Angus King's in-action card).
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by psych View Post
            Booker lives in New Jersey. I think his support for, or at least not open rebellion against the pharmaceutical industry is self-preservation, although I can’t say I know the intricacies of New Jersey politics.
            This. Look at the map of US-1/US-9 between Trenton and Newark sometime and count all the big pharma office complexes within a few miles of it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              Same with him kowtowing (sp?) to Wall Street.

              Booker strikes me as a pure guided missile of ambition, shorn of every other personality characteristic. Yes all pols are like that to some extent (except Al which is why I loved him) but there are those who are utterly consumed by it: Obama. Klobuchar. Newsome. Harris. Much like Obama Booker also has A+ charisma, and he has an even better sense of humor, so he is a fantastic future hope for the party as long as whatever inevitable corrupt deals he cuts to get to the top don't surface.

              I am hopeful that the CA circus just ended Newsome's chances for national office, which is a relief because he strikes me as Younger Bill Clinton.
              You always held Newsome higher than I did. Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he would have issues because half the country would hate him for literally being everything they mock about Coastal Elites. (I am not saying that is bad, just saying it would hurt him) Plus he is way too California for the East Coast. He is the perfect Governor of California. (maybe Senator if he wanted)

              Agreed on Booker. I have liked the guy since he was mayor but his ambition sometimes makes him unlikeable for me. He should be on every committee of consequence though because he never suffers fools.

              When the Dems in both Houses start putting the olds out to pasture things are gonna be fun :^)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Tina smith is certainly a good and perfunctory senator. By no means would I encourage a primary - my point was I think al was great, Tina does exactly what she should.

                i don’t have to love my reps, just do your job. But I love when I can love them.

                KG is really in bottom 5, even if she does her job most of the time.
                This is where I am on it.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                  Same with him kowtowing (sp?) to Wall Street.

                  Booker strikes me as a pure guided missile of ambition, shorn of every other personality characteristic. Yes all pols are like that to some extent (except Al which is why I loved him) but there are those who are utterly consumed by it: Obama. Klobuchar. Newsome. Harris. Much like Obama Booker also has A+ charisma, and he has an even better sense of humor, so he is a fantastic future hope for the party as long as whatever inevitable corrupt deals he cuts to get to the top don't surface.

                  I am hopeful that the CA circus just ended Newsome's chances for national office, which is a relief because he strikes me as Younger Bill Clinton.
                  Newsom strikes me as a guy who just enjoys the big chair. He could give two sh--ts about the people who put him there. So long as they keep electing him, he'll toss them a bone. Fuck that guy.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    You always held Newsome higher than I did. Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he would have issues because half the country would hate him for literally being everything they mock about Coastal Elites. (I am not saying that is bad, just saying it would hurt him) Plus he is way too California for the East Coast. He is the perfect Governor of California. (maybe Senator if he wanted)

                    Agreed on Booker. I have liked the guy since he was mayor but his ambition sometimes makes him unlikeable for me. He should be on every committee of consequence though because he never suffers fools.

                    When the Dems in both Houses start putting the olds out to pasture things are gonna be fun :^)
                    Exactly. Booker is half cheerleader, half bulldog. Useless everywhere else. Which is fine. You need people to fill different roles.

                    Technocrats: evaluate the problem and come up with a solution
                    Big Budget: lawyers with great staffs write the bill
                    Cheerleaders: sell the bill to the public
                    Negotiators: sell the bill to the other senators
                    Whips: knows where the bodies are buried
                    Bulldogs: get dirty and conduct oversight
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                      Exactly. Booker is half cheerleader, half bulldog. Useless everywhere else. Which is fine. You need people to fill different roles.
                      And the Joe Manchin category. Whiny Little ***** - Just whine until I get my way. I love being on TV.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                        And the Joe Manchin category. Whiny Little ***** - Just whine until I get my way. I love being on TV.
                        Him and Sinema fit into the dead weight category. Or "A--ssholes you need to drag to the trough"
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • People in Cali seem to think Newsome represents them well. And say what you will Cali has the highest percentage vaxxed (like 83% have at least one shot) I believe and their economy is doing just fine because of him and the Dem Supermajority so it isn't like he isn't putting Cali in a position to be successful.

                          He is a walking example of White Privilege but he is on the right side of almost every issue and has been since he was Mayor of San Fran. That is why he is perfect for Cali. He would never make it through a Presidential Primary season though the Midwest would reject him for being way to up his own *** and the East Coast would hate him cause they hate everyone.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            People in Cali seem to think Newsome represents them well. And say what you will Cali has the highest percentage vaxxed (like 83% have at least one shot) I believe and their economy is doing just fine because of him and the Dem Supermajority so it isn't like he isn't putting Cali in a position to be successful.

                            He is a walking example of White Privilege but he is on the right side of almost every issue and has been since he was Mayor of San Fran. That is why he is perfect for Cali. He would never make it through a Presidential Primary season though the Midwest would reject him for being way to up his own *** and the East Coast would hate him cause they hate everyone.
                            Yeah if the point of the recall was to keep him out of the Presidency than it was an even bigger waste of money since he's never getting there. Pretty much any Dem coming straight from CA (ignoring Kamala having 8 years of VP in between) wouldn't have a chance as they wouldn't be seen as appealing to swing states. But for CA he's the right mix of things; he's a little bit of a slicky boy, but he matches the state enough politically we're more than happy to have him in there (as results show), but that along with being from CA would be too much of a turnoff for him to ever do well nationally.

                            Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                            KDR

                            Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                            Test to see if I can add this.

                            Comment


                            • Agreed on Newsom. If he ever ran for President, he’d be my 24th choice out of 25 candidates. Tulsi Gabbard last, of course.
                              Speaking of Manchin and Sinema, looks like Biden is meeting with both of them today to discuss the reconciliation bill. I think Biden has much more of a relationship, and therefore sway, with Manchin than Sinema, but I guess we’ll see what comes of it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                                This is where I am on it.
                                I think I’m still spoiled by wellstone- loved that guy and what he fought for.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X