Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Yes - he continues to operate as an impartial jurist, not as a protagonist. He thinks he needs to try the case (in his own mind) before he BRINGS the case. That's no longer his job.
    I was naive went I wrote this, forgive me if I go astray. Maybe USAG should be purely impartial. The prosecutors under him should be all over these terrorists, wringing their nuts in a vise. But Garland's job is to make sure it all goes according to Hoyle.

That does not excuse him from failing to pursue cases -- I'm disappointed about that too. And it does not justify continuing the bogus prosecutions started by Stumble Baby in the name of institutional continuity. No -- a wrong is a wrong, your job is to end it.

But I'd argue that Garland could be the right guy.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• His prosecutors take their positions based on him. There is a middle ground between political hacks like Barr and pure jurists like Garland. The DOJ takes its cues from its leadership.

Literally spitting distance from the FBI in LA there is violent acts being done (including against the media) by people who post pictures of themselves at the Capitol that day and have never been charged. LAPD turns a blind eye and the FBI doesn't care. Well what is the friggin point then? Why is the DOJ begging internet sleuths to do their ****ing job for them? I know for a fact that have a pretty decent cyber division but they need some rando to do all the work? They don't even do research when they make deals they are just doing whatever they can to get this out of the public consciousness.

(yes I am generalizing)

I bet Garland will end up tacitly endorsing the idea (i.e. he will say nothing or give a halfhearted PC) that Trump has Executive Privilege when it comes to 1/6.
      Last edited by Handyman; 09-01-2021, 10:21 AM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It's time for all journalists to schedule interviews with Susan Collins so she can explain what has happened to Roe in Texas. And they need to ask her the hard questions.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          It's time for all journalists to schedule interviews with Susan Collins so she can explain what has happened to Roe in Texas. And they need to ask her the hard questions.
          Good luck with that. Chucky Todd and whoever on CNN interviews her will hold her hand and hardly put up a fight. they certainly won't fact check her.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's time for all journalists to schedule interviews with Susan Collins so she can explain what has happened to Roe in Texas. And they need to ask her the hard questions.
            She needs something way harsher than chuck todd, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

She needs something way harsher than chuck todd, buddy.
              Chuck Todd is an *** clown. I'm thinking Rachel could do it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• You're assuming she'd even agree to an interview with anyone other than a limpdick like Todd.

Comment

Chuck Todd is an *** clown. I'm thinking Rachel could do it.
                  That won't happen. Collins would never address to it and Chuck Todd runs NBC News including MSNBC.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That won't happen. Collins would never address to it and Chuck Todd runs NBC News including MSNBC.
                    Well, then CBS or ABC needs to step up. I noticed her twitter she's been barfing about Afghanistan like a maniac but hasn't mentioned how Drunky McRapist is going to hold on precedence for Texas.

Comment

• I wouldn't hold your breathe. They don't care about abortion the only death they cats about is the cute Marine who held a baby in Afghanistan.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What law is it exactly that Kevin McCarthy thinks exists that prevents subpoenaing of phone records?

Comment

What law is it exactly that Kevin McCarthy thinks exists that prevents subpoenaing of phone records?
                          Whatever law he says... Republicans haven't had to follow the law...why start now?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

What law is it exactly that Kevin McCarthy thinks exists that prevents subpoenaing of phone records?
                            The Law of Self-Interest. The only law that exists for the Right.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• There are rules about certain communications but it was proven long ago this isn't covered by that. He is just openly threatening businesses.

The funny thing is many of these telecommunications businesses are the same ones they are threatening to stop censoring conservatives. So he wants their free speech protected but also covered up away from the prying eyes of the public.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• “THEY can’t interfere with private businesses - only WE can interfere with private businesses!”
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X