Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The marijuana bill is a fun one to stick the Republicans with. There’s plenty in the Trumpy base that love their weed and especially love that it’s legalized. Time to start making some of them dance.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      There’s plenty in the Trumpy base that love their weed and especially love that it’s legalized. Time to start making some of them dance.
      There are some, especially the type of Young Republican who wears a purity ring while letting half the high school pound her (or his) as-s, but the red hatters are mostly drunks.

      Their meth heads don't vote at all.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        There are some, especially the type of Young Republican who wears a purity ring while letting half the class take her as-s, but the red hatters are mostly drunks.

        Their meth heads don't vote at all.
        Living in Alaska, and plenty of travel through Washington and Oregon, has taught me otherwise. Those “working class whites” that the media loves to fawn over love their weed, at least out west.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Yeah even the ideologically pure tend to waffle on weed. Stoners are a small part of the weed users these days. It crosses demos like booze does.

          I mean South Dakota voted to legalize...

          The only people who are dead set against this think DARE actually works.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Living in Alaska, and plenty of travel through Washington and Oregon, has taught me otherwise. Those “working class whites” that the media loves to fawn over love their weed, at least out west.
            I think of them as capital L Libertarians who typically aren't voting. They're the kind of people who couldn't decide between Ron Paul and Mike Gravel. They were all registered "I."

            But you're the one out there.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah even the ideologically pure tend to waffle on weed. Stoners are a small part of the weed users these days. It crosses demos like booze does.

              I mean South Dakota voted to legalize...

              The only people who are dead set against this think DARE actually works.
              Aka the ones who worry about how the brave, loyal cops will be able to get the ni-….oops, no - thugs off the street.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

              Comment


              • Yeah the cops hate this cause it makes forcing...errr...FINDING snitches harder.

                Of course most of them use it also so...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  The only people who are dead set against this think DARE actually works.
                  Ha! Even when I went through the DARE program in elementary school I thought it was full of sh**. Is there anyone who really came out of that singing it's praises?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aparch View Post

                    Ha! Even when I went through the DARE program in elementary school I thought it was full of sh**. Is there anyone who really came out of that singing it's praises?
                    Before DARE there were equally inane programs in the schools about fucking and drinking and drugs. The entire class, even the slow kids who grew up to stay in the same town, completely understood how stupid it was and how demeaning to both the adults and the kids.

                    I remember realizing most adults were morons in third grade, and being a little upset but mostly mystified, but then having to wait for the light to go on in other kids eyes. There were a couple others right along with me, then a dribbling through to about 7th grade, and then stuff like that hit and every kid finally realized that while adults knew more facts they never got any smarter. You had what you had and the kids who were eating paste in first grade were just going to grow up to be cops and that was that.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 07-14-2021, 12:49 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aparch View Post

                      Ha! Even when I went through the DARE program in elementary school I thought it was full of sh**. Is there anyone who really came out of that singing it's praises?
                      I mean, I probably believed it all at the time. Granted it's been nearly 30 years, but I don't remember anything in it being particularly ridiculous. It was mostly "here's what different types of drugs are and here's how they can physically affect you"; I don't recall it being fire and brimstone about how a single joint would kill you or something like that; maybe that was just my area? I also can't claim to know if it had any notable affect on drug use either.

                      Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                      KDR

                      Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                      Test to see if I can add this.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                        I mean, I probably believed it all at the time. Granted it's been nearly 30 years, but I don't remember anything in it being particularly ridiculous. It was mostly "here's what different types of drugs are and here's how they can physically affect you"; I don't recall it being fire and brimstone about how a single joint would kill you or something like that; maybe that was just my area? I also can't claim to know if it had any notable affect on drug use either.
                        It wasn't that it was fire and brimstone but it was stuff like "marijuana is a gateway to heroin."

                        The problem with which was it was 1975 and we all knew our older sisters' friends who smoked marijuana and our older sisters' friends who did heroin and we already knew these were completely different people with completely different life arcs, and the fact that the adults didn't know this made us pity them.

                        In 1975 a 14-year old had a more sophisticated understanding of drugs than a 40-year old. This was Perry Como trying to explain Patty Smythe (ed. per rufus: Patti Smith). It was just fucking embarrassing.

                        It's the equivalent of technology today. It was "OK Boomer," Ford Administration Edition.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 07-14-2021, 01:42 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          It wasn't that it was fire and bristone but it was stuff like "marijuana is a gateway to heroin."

                          The problem with which was it was 1975 and we all knew our older sisters' friends who did marijuana and our older sisters' friends who did heroin and we already knew these were completely different people with completely different life arcs, and the fact that the adults didn't know this made us pity them.

                          In 1975 a 14-year old had a more sophisticated understanding of dugs than a 40-year old. This was Perry Como trying to explain Patty Smythe. It was just fucking embarrassing.
                          Maybe they mellowed it over time. For me this was early 90s; by then the adults in charge were likely Boomers who had done a lot of it and maybe knew more than the Silent Generation running things when you were in high school. For mine it was more like science class, going over the different categories (including alcohol and caffeine) and how they could affect you. I mean, I suppose it was done in the context how they could affect you in a bad way, but less trying to scare you, but then again maybe I'm forgetting parts of it.

                          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                          KDR

                          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                          Test to see if I can add this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                            Maybe they mellowed it over time. For me this was early 90s; by then the adults in charge were likely Boomers who had done a lot of it and maybe knew more than the Silent Generation running things when you were in high school. For mine it was more like science class, going over the different categories (including alcohol and caffeine) and how they could affect you. I mean, I suppose it was done in the context how they could affect you in a bad way, but less trying to scare you, but then again maybe I'm forgetting parts of it.
                            Yea, the science part of it was cool. Our chemistry teacher brought in the PDR to illustrate and it was stolen from his class room before the end of the first day. The school actually freaked out about that -- it's the only time I can remember the school threatening kids with jail and this was in an age when kids would light the American flag on fire* before hoisting it up the flagpole in the morning, and when two kids from another school pulled up in a truck one day, threw an entire loaded bike rack in the back, and hauled as-s.

                            Junior High School was fun back then.


                            * This happened while one our of our student' fathers was being held hostage in Iran and the school administration was still able to distinguish between an act of political protest and an act of disloyalty. Imagine that now with the Nazis who run schools and school boards.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 07-14-2021, 01:09 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Patti Smith.

                              Perry Como probably loved Patti Smyth.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Patti Smith.

                                Perry Como probably loved Patti Smyth.
                                I always mix those two up.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X