Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Rachel Vindman: "When did you serve, Congressman? Underage girls aren?t allowed in the barracks, FYI."
    Colbert: "When Gaetz served he saw Minor skirmishes."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Shocking

https://mobile.***********/jbouie/st...92343296921601

Comment

• So the bipartisan group in the Senate got something together on infrastructure, and the first thing Mr Biden does is tie it to another D only bill? Did I hear that correctly on the news this morning?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          So the bipartisan group in the Senate got something together on infrastructure, and the first thing Mr Biden does is tie it to another D only bill? Did I hear that correctly on the news this morning?
          So he never gets another bill and can't use reconciliation like the Republicans did?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So he never gets another bill and can't use reconciliation like the Republicans did?
            We do not owe explanations to terrorists.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Why not vote uniquely on each bill? Why tie them? That's what I'm not understanding.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Why not vote uniquely on each bill? Why tie them? That's what I'm not understanding.
                You haven't paid attention to Congress for the last 20 years, have you? It's pretty obvious why. Just think about it for a minute.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

You haven't paid attention to Congress for the last 20 years, have you? It's pretty obvious why. Just think about it for a minute.
                  Politics.
                  Party gamesmanship.
                  Making sure you have something to < bleep > about the other side about <-- all those swing both ways; they do it 'cause they did it 'cause they did it.

Because it's easier to create a ginormous bumble-cluster indecipherable mess than to take each bill on its own (and have to be uniquely on record on each)?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Politics.
                    Party gamesmanship.
                    Making sure you have something to < bleep > about the other side about <-- all those swing both ways; they do it 'cause they did it 'cause they did it.

Because it's easier to create a ginormous bumble-cluster indecipherable mess than to take each bill on its own (and have to be uniquely on record on each)?
                    No, he needs Manchin and Sinema to hold for the reconcilliation bill.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No, he needs Manchin and Sinema to hold for the reconcilliation bill.
                      So ... party gamesmanship. (What are Manchin and Sinema* getting I wonder?)

*Was really hard not to type Munchkin and Sinestro there.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm not sure I understand either. I don't think he's trying to tie them together. I think he's trying to push through the **** the GOP gutted in the infrastructure bill (that we desperately need instead of tax cuts for the rich) will go through in the reconciliation.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So ... party gamesmanship. (What are Manchin and Sinema* getting I wonder?)

*Was really hard not to type Munchkin and Sinestro there.
                          They're getting their bipartisan bs to run on.

Comment

• I’m not sure the far left people threatening to vote against the bill are helping their cause. The Dems need to do everything they can to get this passed and then see how far Sinema and Manchin will go on reconciliation. There really isn’t another play here.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I’m not sure the far left people threatening to vote against the bill are helping their cause. The Dems need to do everything they can to get this passed and then see how far Sinema and Manchin will go on reconciliation. There really isn’t another play here.
                              A threat is not a vote.

You do what you can. But you should only force a negotiation if you are willing to walk away. You can fold once per couple years but more than that and, well, you become the mainstream Dems: you have no power to bluff, since the other side will always call.

Also, please don't say "the far left" when referring to any Member. There is nobody in Congress who exceeds even the mild Left (Bernie, AOC). The Overton Window of our political representation is centered on the Right. The leftmost 1st decile (Harris, Gilibrand) would be center-right in most advanced democracies.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-25-2021, 11:29 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sorry, but when the current iteration of the GOP is so obviously solely focused on stifling anything instead of actual governance, they don't get to cry foul when the DNC plays normal games. **** the GQP. Ram this **** through and just ignore them. Work with the handful of non-insanoids and that's it.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X