Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Liz Cheney is fellow members of her party eye going to vote to impeach but were afraid because of security concerns.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      Good point.
      In a perfect world, the Dem playbook would not have to rely on a WV Senator. There are a number of bluer states where both seats should go blue before WV even remotely matters. If they don't want all of this to rely on Manchin, get the job done there. Until then, well, it is what it is, as much as that may suck.

      Cornell '04, Stanford '06


      KDR

      Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

      Test to see if I can add this.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

        In a perfect world, the Dem playbook would not have to rely on a WV Senator. There are a number of bluer states where both seats should go blue before WV even remotely matters. If they don't want all of this to rely on Manchin, get the job done there. Until then, well, it is what it is, as much as that may suck.
        Might I offer the suggestion that the powers that be at the DNC give the local folks a lot more autonomy. In Maine you had out of state money financing an out of state campaign for an out of state candidate. That never was going to be successful in a state like Maine no matter how much you spend. Honestly all the spending was a detriment to Gideon if anything.

        There are a lot of people like me who love Collins even if they hate Trump and the modern GOP but she was still vulnerable if someone like Janet Mills, Angus King, or Jared Golden would have been on the ballot against her.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

          Might I offer the suggestion that the powers that be at the DNC give the local folks a lot more autonomy. In Maine you had out of state money financing an out of state campaign for an out of state candidate. That never was going to be successful in a state like Maine no matter how much you spend. Honestly all the spending was a detriment to Gideon if anything.

          There are a lot of people like me who love Collins even if they hate Trump and the modern GOP but she was still vulnerable if someone like Janet Mills, Angus King, or Jared Golden would have been on the ballot against her.
          Ummm, your gal Suzie was getting plenty of out of state money too.

          For some reason, that doesn't bother you half as much as a Democrat getting it. You know, when we have to do everything to stop the Republicans from power.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

          Comment


          • Yeah it isnt like it is a secret Collins was getting money from places other than Maine Drew...that argument is completely disingenuous.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • It is becoming quite apparent though that the Dems don't have the stones to play the game the way it needs to be played. The GOP is going to burn the country to the ground and the Dems are gonna sit there and watch it and hope something happens to save it. They don't know how to lead...and they are too weak willed to fight when it is for blood. They are a party of Chuck Schumers...good natured and principled but about as intimidating as beagle.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yeah it isnt like it is a secret Collins was getting money from places other than Maine Drew...that argument is completely disingenuous.
                No no it’s ok if an R takes out state money!

                just like it’s ok for Rs to yank farther and farther right, but Ds should be capitulating and moving right to negotiate.

                mitch has brainwashed a lot of people

                Comment


                • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                  In a perfect world, the Dem playbook would not have to rely on a WV Senator. There are a number of bluer states where both seats should go blue before WV even remotely matters. If they don't want all of this to rely on Manchin, get the job done there. Until then, well, it is what it is, as much as that may suck.
                  In a perfect world we would be up about 60 seats in the House and 10 seats in the Senate because we'd have a system of one person / one vote. But instead we have an obsolete, corrupt system that privileges flyover farm yokels over coastal city dwellers BUT I SWEAR TO GOD IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF RACISM NO SIREE BOB!!!!
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    It is becoming quite apparent though that the Dems don't have the stones to play the game the way it needs to be played. The GOP is going to burn the country to the ground and the Dems are gonna sit there and watch it and hope something happens to save it. They don't know how to lead...and they are too weak willed to fight when it is for blood. They are a party of Chuck Schumers...good natured and principled but about as intimidating as beagle.
                    Here’s the breakdown: https://www.opensecrets.org/races/ca...id=mes2&spec=N

                    No doubt Collins took out of state money but Gideon outspent her by more than double. All the money that was raised by folks from away because she voted for Kavanaugh rubbed a lot of people the wrong way too.

                    Whoops quoted wrong post.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • I have to stop responding to Drew. It has to be a shtick. No way someone can post “There can be no sacred cows in the Republican Party” and then list a handful of Republicans who will “save us” in 2024. Literally the dumbest fucking crap I’ve read on here, and I actually took the time to read through Hovey and Sic’s takes in the mass shooting thread.

                      As for Manchin, I feel like I’ve been his most ardent defender on here, but even I was sickened reading his op-ed. It’s not his fault he’s our 50th vote, and as I’ve posted a million times, Manchin >>>>>>> any GOP’er, but fuck him all the same. I consider myself an external pragmatist with internal optimism, so I’ve hoped he’d find some excuse to come around on weakening the filibuster, at least for voting rights. But, as each day passes, and he writes op-eds like that, a petal falls off the rose.

                      Comment


                      • Cher confused Sinema with Gillibrand.

                        honestly it’s what sinema deserves

                        “Cher is apologizing to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand after saying she confused the New York Democrat with another female senator with a similar first name whom she had dubbed a "traitor" who was "sabotaging" President Biden's agenda.”

                        Comment


                        • They both suck and have caused harm to the Democratic Party. I could see them getting confused for each other.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Yeah Gillibrand is awful...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by psych View Post
                              I have to stop responding to Drew. It has to be a shtick. No way someone can post “There can be no sacred cows in the Republican Party” and then list a handful of Republicans who will “save us” in 2024. Literally the dumbest fucking crap I’ve read on here, and I actually took the time to read through Hovey and Sic’s takes in the mass shooting thread.

                              As for Manchin, I feel like I’ve been his most ardent defender on here, but even I was sickened reading his op-ed. It’s not his fault he’s our 50th vote, and as I’ve posted a million times, Manchin >>>>>>> any GOP’er, but fuck him all the same. I consider myself an external pragmatist with internal optimism, so I’ve hoped he’d find some excuse to come around on weakening the filibuster, at least for voting rights. But, as each day passes, and he writes op-eds like that, a petal falls off the rose.
                              He was a co-sponsor of the For the People Act in 2019. As soon as it might pass, he dropped out. That stings.

                              Home / Twitter
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                              Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                It is becoming quite apparent though that the Dems don't have the stones to play the game the way it needs to be played. The GOP is going to burn the country to the ground and the Dems are gonna sit there and watch it and hope something happens to save it. They don't know how to lead...and they are too weak willed to fight when it is for blood. They are a party of Chuck Schumers...good natured and principled but about as intimidating as beagle.
                                Yep. It's happening all over again.

                                Bipartisan report came out of the Senate about Jan 6th today, yesterday. It's a complete and utter joke. They should be embarrassed for even releasing it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X